In this chapter we will discuss the following concepts-
Q1 Glenoid cavity articulates:-
(1) Scapula with acromion
(2) Clavicle with scapula
(3) Humerus with scapula
(4) Clavicle with acromion
Q2 Which one of the following is the correct description of a certain part of a normal human skeleton?
(1) The First vertebra is the axis that articulates with the occipital condyles.
(2) The 9th and 10th pairs of ribs are called the floating ribs.
(3) Glenoid cavity is a depression to which the thigh bone articulates.
(4) Parietal bone and the temporal bone of the skull are joined by a fibrous joint.
Q3 Which of the following is not a function of the skeletal system?
(2) Production of erythrocytes
(3) Storage of minerals
(4) Production of body heat
Q4 Which of the following joints would allow no movement?
(1) Ball and Socket Joint
(2) Fibrous joint
(3) Cartilaginous joint
(4) Synovial joint
Q5 Osteoporosis, an age-related disease of the skeletal system, may occur due to:-
(1) Decreased level of estrogen
(2) Accumulation of uric acid leading to inflammation of joints.
(3) Immune disorder affecting neuromuscular junction leading to fatigue.
(4) High concentration of Ca++ and Na+
Q6 Select the correct statement with respect to locomotion in humans:
(1) The joint between adjacent vertebrae is a fibrous joint
(2) A decreased level of progesterone causes osteoporosis in old people
(3) Accumulation of uric acid crystals in joints causes their inflammation
(4) The vertebral column has 10 thoracic vertebrae
Q7 Select the correct matching of the type of the joint with the example in the human skeletal system:
|Type of joint||Example|
|(1)||Cartilaginous joint||between frontal and parietal|
|(2)||Pivot joint||between third and fourth cervical vertebrae|
|(3)||Hinge joint||between the humerus and pectoral girdle|
|(4)||Gliding joint||between carpals|
Q8 Three of the following pairs of the human skeletal parts are correctly matched with their respective inclusive skeletal category and one pair is not matched. Identify the non-matching pair
|Pairs of skeletal parts||Category|
|(1)||Malleus and stapes||Ear ossicles|
|(2)||Sternum and Ribs||Axial skeleton|
|(3)||Clavicle and Glenoid Cavity||Pelvic girdle|
|(4)||Humerus and ulna||Appendicular skeleton|
Q9 Select the correct statement regarding the specific disorder of muscular or skeletal system:-
(1) Myasthenia gravis- Autoimmune disorder which inhibits sliding of myosin filaments
(2) Gout- Inflammation of joints due to extra deposition of calcium
(3) Muscular dystrophy - Age-related shortening of muscles
(4)Osteoporosis- Decrease in bone mass and higher chances of fractures with advancing age
Q10 The pivot joint between atlas and axis is a type of :
(1) Cartilaginous joint
(2) Synovial joint
(3) Saddle joint
(4) Fibrous joint
Q11 Calcium is important in skeletal muscle contraction because it
(1) Detaches the myosin head from the actin filament
(2) Activates the myosin ATPase by binding to it
(3) Binds to troponin to remove the masking of active sites on actin for myosin
(4) Prevents the formation of bonds between the myo cross bridges and the actin filament
(1) - 3
(2) - 4
(3) - 4
(4) - 2
(5) - 1
(6) - 3
(7) - 4
(8) - 3
(9) - 4
(10) - 2
(11) - 3