TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please note that all scholarship concessions will be confirmed only after receiving the attested mark-sheet from the student; and if the marks do not justify the concession, the differential payment will need to be made before the enrolment is finalized. Any student caught employing unfair practice during the Admission-cum-Scholarship-Test (ACST), is subject to immediate expulsion from the examination hall and no refund of the ACST fee already paid shall be made at any cost. A student after qualifying ACST and taking admission at any centre of AESL will be bound by the rules & regulation of that centre and in all matters whatsoever the responsibility will be of that centre only.
Note: Any type of scholarship/concession/discount given to the students may attract Service Tax/ GST to be paid by the students/parents if levied by the Govt. or as per law at any point of time will be charged/recovered from the student/parents.
For example: If a student is given 100% scholarship then, he/she may not be charged any amount on account of Registration, Admission and Tuition fee (Except Technology fee & Exam fee) depending on management discretion, but Service Tax or GST thereupon, if any, levied by the Govt. or as per law at any point of time will be charged/recovered from the student/parents.
While using the AESL Online Service (AOS), you (the user) are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions listed below. AESL reserves the right to add, delete, alter or modify these terms and conditions carefully at any point of time. The User is therefore advised to read these terms and conditions every time he/she uses the AESL Online Service(s) of AESL Educational Services Limited (AESL). All products/services and information displayed on AESL Online Service constitute an "invitation to offer". Your order for purchase constitutes your "offer" which shall be subject to the terms and conditions given below. AESL Online Services reserves the right to accept or reject your offer.
The agreement between you and the AOS shall be subject to the following terms and conditions:-
- The User certifies that he/she is at least 18 (eighteen) years of age or has the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
- These terms and conditions supersede all previous representations, understandings, or agreements and shall prevail notwithstanding any variance with any other terms of any order submitted. By using the AESL Online Services (AOS) you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
- All prices, unless indicated specially are in Indian Rupees.
- All prices and availability of products are subject to change without prior notice at the sole discretion of AESL Online Service.
- AESL reserves the right to refuse or cancel any order placed for a product, which is listed at an incorrect price. This shall be regardless of whether the order has been confirmed or the payment has been levied via credit card. In the event, the payment has been processed by AESL Online Service the same shall be credited to your credit card account and duly notified to you by email or by SMS.
- In a credit card transaction, you must use your own credit card. AESL will not be liable for any credit card fraud. The liability to use a card fraudulently and the onus to prove otherwise shall be exclusively on the user.
- Any request for cancellations of orders once duly placed on the site, shall not be entertained.
- In the event of non-delivery on account of a mistake by you (i.e. wrong name or address) any extra cost incurred by AESL for redelivery shall be claimed from the User placing the order.
- AESL shall not be liable for any delay/non-delivery of purchased goods (Study materials, Online Tests, any assignments) by the vendors, trade organization/s, manufacturers/shop etc. or in case of act of God such as flood, fire, wars, or any cause that is beyond the control of AESL.
- All products are duly screened and assured by the vendors to ensure that the products are of the standard quality, composition, style or model that they represent.
- The User agrees to use the services provided by AESL through their website www.aakash.ac.in for lawful purposes only.
- The User agrees to provide authentic and true information. AESL reserves the right to confirm and validate the information and other details provided by the User at any point of time. If upon confirmation such User details are found to be flawed/incorrect (wholly or partly), AESL has the right in its sole discretion to reject the registration and debar the User from using www.aakash.ac.in and/or other affiliated websites without prior intimation whatsoever.
- AESL will not be responsible for any damage suffered by users from use of the services on this site. This without limitation includes loss of revenue/data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, missed deliveries, or service interruptions as may occur because of any act/omission of the vendor. This disclaimer of liability also applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behaviour, negligence, or under any other cause of action.
- The User agrees clearly that the use AESL Online Service is at the Users sole risk. AESL affiliates, employees, agents, consultants, contracted companies make no warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied for the service it is providing or as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service, or as to the accuracy, reliability or content of any information, service, or merchandise provided through this Service. It is also clearly understood that all warranties, implied or expressed take place between the vendors and the User.
- AESL Online Service users/students must send their self-attested photocopy of class X/XII marksheet and attach three recent passport size color photographs along with dully filled Admission Form (hard copy) to registered office only.
- Any student enrolled with AESL will have to regularly work hard. In case the teacher feel that the student is not working hard, creating indiscipline or using unfair means in the institute or bus, irregular in attendance, not responding properly, he/she may be expelled from the institute. The decision of the Centre In charge in this regard will be final and binding on the student/parent. No fee or part of the fee will be refunded in such cases.
- If any student absents himself/herself for more than 10 days continuously without any prior written application, he/she will not be allowed to attend/join the classes and will not be given any test paper(s), he/she may be deemed to be expelled from the Institute. No separate intimation will be sent to the parents. No fee or part of the fee paid/encashed will be refunded in such cases. The decision of the Managing Director in this regard will be final and binding on the students & parents.
- After depositing money towards ‘Registration & Admission’, if a student becomes disinterested in the Institute due to any reason whatsoever and wants to take his/her money back, the Institute will not refund the money deposited towards Registration fee/Admission fee. However, if a student applies for refund before the commencement of course/classes, only admission fee and first installment of tuition fee will be refunded along with PDCs submitted, if any. The registration/admission fee deposited towards a particular course will not be adjusted against any other course.
- If any student/parent insists on lump sum payment of fee, the Institute can accept the same. The refund policy for such students will be same as students, who would pay the fee in installments.
- Incomplete form will be rejected. It is compulsory to attach photocopy of self-attested mark-sheet of Class VII/VIII/IX/X/XI/XII and affix a recent passport size colour photograph along with the admission form.
- The parents can meet the Centre-In-charge for any enquiry about their ward’s progress or any other problem concerning their ward with prior appointment only.
- Any study material given during the classes or otherwise, will not be given to those students, who are absent without prior application from the parents. No request/personal appointments in this regard shall be entertained.
- If a student is absent or misses a test, he/she can collect his/her question paper from the office within 10 days from the date of the test, failing which the question paper will not be given to him/her.
- It is the responsibility of the parents to submit the fee of their ward in time as per schedule given in the prospectus. They should not expect reminders and calls from the centre.
- If the tuition fee is not paid in lump sum, submission of post dated cheques is mandatory. In case, post dated cheques are not submitted or get bounced then a late fee of `50 per day shall be charged on the installment due. However, installment will be accepted with late fee only up to the end of the month failing which the name of student will be struck off.
- If the cheque is bounced for any reason whatsoever, a fine of `200 will be charged separately from the student along with the fee installment. This amount will be charged in cash only.
- It is compulsory/mandatory to provide a working e-mail I.D./Mobile No. of the student/ father/guardian. The result of tests or any other information of the institute will be sent to the student by SMS and on his/her e-mail I.D. The Institute shall not be responsible for any information regarding result or anything else not received by the student if he/she has not given his/her e-mail I.D./mobile no. in the Admission form at the time of admission.
- If any type of mishap occurs in the premises of AESL because of situations beyond control or any natural calamity such as earthquake, floods, fire, electric short circuit etc, the institute shall not be responsible in any manner whatsoever.
- No student is allowed to carry mobile phone/I-pod in the classes or during the tests. In case, if he/she carries mobile phone in the classes or tests, then it should be switched off. The Institute is not responsible for any loss/theft of mobile phone in the Institute.
- The Institute shall not be responsible for providing seating arrangement to the parents while the classes and/or tests of their wards are in progress. As we don’t have any waiting area at front office parents are requested to make their own arrangements.
- The Examination Centre of any place can be changed as per the requirement/ need of the company without any prior notice to the students/parents.
- It is for the student to see whether he/she is eligible for a certain Entrance Exam or not. AESL is not responsible if a student’s admission form cannot be forwarded or is rejected by the examination body on any ground whatsoever. Such a student cannot claim a refund of the whole or any part of the fee he/she has paid to the Institute.
- The responsibility of getting admission form forwarded to the examining body is that of the student himself/herself or that of the Parents/Guardian.
- Institute reserves the right to use the photograph for publicity in case the student secures position/success in any Medical/Engineering Entrance Exams as well as in Olympiads, NTSE & KVPY or any other national level entrance tests.
- Any change in the correspondence address or phone number should be intimated to Registered Office immediately through a written application quoting the Name, Reference ID, and Roll No. of the student.
- Students enrolled with AESL must provide photocopy of Admit Card of various Entrance Exams., like NEET, AIIMS, IIT-JEE (Main & Advanced), Olympiads and NTSE etc. as soon as they receive their admit cards from the examining body.
- The entry into the classes is permitted only with the valid Identity Card issued to each and every student. If any student is found misusing the I-Card, he/she will be rusticated from the Institute.
- In case any parent/guardian/student is found misbehaving with any staff member of the Institute, his/her ward can be rusticated and no claim to retain such student will be entertained. The decision of the Director will be final and binding on the student and parents/guardian.
- Registered Students can obtain duplicate I-Card, Set of books & Bag from the Institute against the proof of registration along with payment of `150/-, `300/- & `500/- respectively.
- Once the name of a student is struck-off due to the non-payment of fee for more than 3 weeks from the due date, the student shall have to pay `500/- for re-admission.
- If at any point of time, the Govt. further increases service tax, the extra amount of service tax will be borne by the students from the date of enforcement of the act by the Govt.
- AESL reserves the right to make any alteration in its programs/venue/timing and days of classes without any prior notice to anybody. The decision of the Director will be final & binding on the students and the parents.
- That the AESL and you (the user) hereinafter referred as “Parties” agree that the present agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws in force in India and in the eventuality of any dispute or difference (including in the eventuality of violation of the present agreement by any party) arise on any matter relating to or arising out of the present agreement the same shall be referred to the Sole Arbitration of an arbitrator to be appointed by the Managing Director of AESL Educational Services Private Limited whose decision shall be final and binding upon the parties. The sole Arbitrator shall conduct the arbitration proceedings at Delhi only. It is also mutually agreed between the parties that the Parties would be entitled to invoke the present arbitration Clause/agreement during or even after the subsistence and even after the present agreement has expired or been terminated etc.
That in the event of such an Arbitrator to whom the matter has been originally referred is unable/failing/refusing to act for any reason whatsoever and/or withdrawing from his office at any stage/time, Managing Director of AESL Educational Services Private Limited shall be entitled to appoint another person to act as the Sole arbitrator. That such arbitrator shall be entitled to proceed with the reference from the stage at which it was left by his predecessor. It is also agreed between the parties that arbitration proceeding would be conducted in English only and in no other language.
That the Courts at Delhi shall have exclusive jurisdiction (subject to the arbitration proceedings which are to be also conducted at Delhi) over any or all disputes arising out of this present agreement and the parties hereby submit themselves to the jurisdiction of such Courts and/or Tribunals.
- AESL may also contact the user through sms, email and call to give notifications on various important updates. Therefore, User holds AESL non liable to any liabilities including financial penalties, damages, expenses in case the user's mobile number is registered with Do Not Disturb (DND) database.
- Our Warranties and Disclaimers
We provide our Services using a commercially reasonable level of skill and care and we hope that it will benefit you using them. But there are certain things that we don’t promise about our Services.
Other than as expressly set out in these terms or additional terms AESL does not make any specific promises about the Services.The specific functions of the Services, or their reliability, availability, or ability to meet your needs. We provide the Services “as is”.
Some jurisdictions provide for certain warranties, like the implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all warranties.
- Liability for our Services
When permitted by law, AESL will not be responsible for lost profits, revenues, or data, financial losses or indirect, special, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages including but not limited to emotional loss, career loss, stress etc.
To the extent permitted by law, the total liability of AESL for any claims under these terms, including for any implied warranties, is limited to the amount you paid us to use the Services (or, if we choose, to supplying you the Services again).
In all cases, AESL will not be liable for any loss or damage that is not reasonably foreseeable.
We recognize that in some countries, you might have legal rights as a consumer. If you are using the Services for a personal purpose, then nothing in these terms or any additional terms limits any consumer legal rights which may not be waived by contract.
- Business uses of our Services
If you are using our Services on behalf of a business, that business accepts these terms. It will hold harmless and indemnify AESL from any claim, suit or action arising from or related to the use of the Services or violation of these terms, including any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys’ fees.
REFUND POLICY FOR CLASSROOM COURSES
- ACST Fee Refund: No refund of Admission Cum Scholarship Test (ACST) Fee shall be made under any circumstances whatsoever.
- Registration Fee Refund: No refund of Registration Fee shall be made under any circumstances whatsoever.
- Short Term Course Fee Refund: No fee refund of any type will be made under any circumstances after joining the Short Term Classroom Courses.
- Refund Before Start of Course: If any student pays the fee for any course other than Short Term Classroom Courses and wants to withdraw/ask for refund before the commencement of classes/course in the institute, the Admission Fee, Technology Fee, Examination Fee and the first installment of Tuition Fee paid will be refunded along with PDCs submitted, if any. The registration fee will not be refunded.
- Refund After Start of Course:
- Within 10 days: If any student of any course other than Short Term Classroom Courses, leaves the classes / institute within 10 days from the date of commencement of the classes/course in the institute due to whatsoever reason, the entire tuition fee, technology fee and examination fee paid will be refunded along with PDCs submitted, if any. The Registration Fee and Admission Fee will not be refunded.
- Within 20 days: If a student of any course other than Short Term Classroom Courses, leaves the classes/institute within 20 days from the date of commencement of the classes/course in the institute due to whatsoever reason, 75% of the Tuition Fee paid (in 1st installment) along with Examination and Technology Fee paid will be refunded along with PDCs submitted, if any. The Registration Fee and Admission Fee will not be refunded.
- After 20 days: If any student leaves the classes/institute after 20 days from the date of commencement of the classes/course in the Institute due to whatsoever reason, then no refund of Registration Fee, Admission Fee, Technology Fee, Examination Fee and Tuition fee paid & encashed will be made under any circumstances. Only the PDCs (if any) which have not been encashed on the date of refund application shall be returned.
- All those students who get themselves enrolled for the two years classroom program (Medical & Engineering) before the declaration of the Class X Board Exam result will have to submit their application for refund of scholarships along with photocopy of the Class X Board Exam mark-sheet latest by 13th of August 2018. Any student applying for the scholarship refund after 13th August 2018 will not be entitled for refund under any circumstances.
- If any student drops in between the session and asks for refund, he/she will be refunded as per refund policy as stated above.
- Scholarship Refund Process:
- The scholarship refund amount will be paid to the students on the basis of their eligible merit scholarship on or after 13th October, 2018.
- The refund will be made on yearly basis on or after 13th October 2018.
- All refund cheques will be issued in the name of student/parents only for which, a request in writing shall be required. Those who would like to apply for refund using online transfer, will have to submit the online remittance form, available at the centre and submit it back duly filled with concerned executive at the centre where admission taken. Along with the form, the Parents will be required to submit the bank details and a cancelled cheque in order to process refund directly into their account. Crediting of refund money in wrong account due to provision of wrong details by the parent will be sole responsibility of the parent/student.
- If any student avails benefit of additional scholarship against lump sum payment and leaves the institute after few months because of any reason whatsoever and applies for refund of tuition fee paid, he/she shall be refunded after calculating the amount used by him/her from the date of commencement of course to the date of submission of application on pro-rata basis.
“Pro-rata calculation is done taking into account the number of days a student remained in the course i.e., from the date of starting of the batch to the date of submission of application of refund”. The Scholarship achieved / secured by the student will not be considered while doing calculations on pro-rata basis. The Course Tuition Fee mentioned in the course prospectus shall be taken into consideration for pro-rata calculation and NOT the course fee paid by the parent/student.
For example, a course starts on 4th July and student joins on 16th July. He/she continues to attend classes and the last lecture, which he/she attended, was on 14th November, 2018. But if he/she has submitted refund application on 13th December, 2018, then the number of days to be counted for refund calculation will be from 4th July uptill 13th December = 163 days. It is multiplied by fee for one day, which is calculated by dividing course tuition fee without any scholarship by no. of days from the starting of course to the ending date of course as per prospectus of the centre where admission was taken.
Refundable Security Deposit:
Each student will be charged as refundable security deposit at the time of admission for
- Medical & Engg. Long Term Courses (1Yr. / 2Yr.) ` 5000/-
- Medical & Engg. Short Term Courses ` 1000/-
- Foundation Courses (Class IX & X) ` 2000/-
This amount shall be refunded to the student within three months from the date of completion of their respective courses through cheque or directly into their account, if the bank details are provided by the student / parents. We request for names to which refund will be made while filling the Admission Form.
In case, the Central Govt. levies any kind of indirect tax or increases the existing GST of 18%, then, the additional liability will be payable by the student/parent. In case of non-payment, the same shall be recovered from student via debit from their security deposit. Moreover, any fee due or pending payments or penalties due towards AESL shall also be debited from the security deposit amount.
Note for Course Fee: No Cash will be accepted for Course Fee which includes Registration Fee, Admission Fee & Installments.
For the Purpose of Calculation of Refund:
a. The date of commencement of the batch will be considered and not the date of joining of any student in the institute.
b. Parents must insist for receipt of refund application from the front office. The date of submission of refund application will be considered and not by the number of classes attended by the student nor from the date the student stopped coming to the institute.
c. The refund of tuition fee shall be calculated on the amount of fee installment mentioned in prospectus regardless of scholarship granted to any student / availed by any student.
d. If any student from Foundation Courses (Class IX & X studying students) who has been given iTutor Video Lecture SD card, want to leave the course before December, an amount equivalent to `2500/- shall be deducted from his/her refund payout.
Transfer Policy for Medical, Engineering & Foundation Course Students
- A student after joining AESL can shift to any other centre of AESL throughout India provided his/her parents have either been transferred or have changed their residential address. Proper proof for the same is to be submitted by the student at the new centre where he/she wants to join. However, no intra-city transfer will be allowed under any circumstances.
- The student will also submit proper details of fee paid at the first centre duly certified from the Incharge of that centre to the new Centre Incharge where transfer is required. Whatever amount of fee or its installments, a student might have paid at first centre, the rest of the fee installments left as per the details given in the prospectus of the new centre shall be paid at the new centre where transfer is required.
- If any student has paid fee in lump sum or in installments and applies for transfer to a centre having higher fee than currently studying centre, then he/she shall have to pay the difference in fee between two centres whereas if a student after paying fee in lump sum applies for transfer to some other centre with lower fee than currently studying centre, he/she will not be refunded/paid the difference in amount of fee between the two centres.
- If any student applies for transfer to any other branch / centre, he / she shall have to pay `1000/- towards transfer fee at the time of submission of application. Normally, the transfer process is completed within a week’s time.
- If any student applies for transfer on the due date of fee installment or three days prior to that, then he/she will have to make the payment at the branch where he/she is currently studying, after which the transfer request will be considered.
- Let us say due date of fee is 4th September, and a student applies for transfer on 31st August, it will be considered & transfer certificate will be issued but if a student applies on 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th September or even beyond, then he/she will have to pay the fee at currently studying centre only after that his/her request of transfer will be considered.