CBSE class 12 students gearing up for their term II exams would do well to focus on the essential chapters from the Chemistry syllabus. It is time to rev up your studying! The CBSE Board Exams (Term 2) will be starting on April 26th. This means that you need more preparation before those tests, but don’t worry – everything is covered here at Syllabus Point for all students to prepare together as one big family. Take some deep breaths and try focusing, so there are no surprises during exam day either!! In this article, take a look at some of these key Chemistry concepts. Cover everything from organic and inorganic Chemistry to physical and equilibrium Chemistry. These chapters are sure to be on the exam paper.
Important Chapters of Class 12 Chemistry
This chapter, divided into prolonged, modern, and swift reactions, is an important chapter to be covered by students from CBSE Class 12 Term 2 Chemistry Syllabus. Below discussed are the essential topics to be covered in chemical kinetics.
- Factors affecting rate of reaction
- Rate law and specific rate constant
- Rate of a reaction
- Integrated rate equations and half-life
- Order and molecularity of a reaction
Students need to for sure cover the following topics in electrochemistry
- Conductance in electrolytic solutions
- Variations of conductivity with concentration
- Redox reactions
- Specific and molar conductivity
- Lead accumulator
- Standard electrode potential
- Electrolysis and the law of electrolysis
- Dry cell-electrolytic cells and galvanic cells
- Nernst equation
Relation between Gibbs Energy Change and emf of a Cell
- Fuel cells
- Factors affecting adsorption of gases on solids
- Adsorption – physisorption, and chemisorption
- Homogeneous and heterogeneous activity and selectivity
- Colloids and suspension
- Enzyme catalysis colloidal state distinction
Also See: CBSE Class 12 Syllabus
Lyophilic, Lyophobic Multi-Molecular, and Macromolecular Colloids
- Tyndall effect
- Brownian movement
- Properties of colloids
- Coordination number, colour, magnetic properties, and shapes
- IUPAC nomenclature of mononuclear coordination compounds
- Werner’s theory
- Structure and stereoisomerism
Also See: CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Important Topics
d and f Block Elements
- General trends of the first-row transition metals
|Metallic Character||Catalytic Property||Oxidation States|
|Colour||Ionisation Enthalpy||Ionic Radii|
|Magnetic Properties||Interstitial Compounds||Alloy Formation|
|Preparation and Properties of K2Cr2O7 and KMnO4|
- Electronic configuration, occurrence, and characteristics of transition metals
Electronic configuration, oxidation states, and comparison with lanthanoids
Chemical reactivity and lanthanoid contraction
Electronic configurationOxidation states
Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
|Methods of preparation||Physical and chemical properties||uses|
|Identification of primary, secondary, and tertiary amines|
Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids
- Carboxylic Acids
Nomenclature Acidic nature
Methods of preparation
Physical and chemical properties
- Aldehydes and Ketones
Nature of carbonyl group
Methods of preparation
Physical and chemical properties
Reactivity of alpha hydrogen in aldehydes
Mechanism of Nucleophilic addition
Class 12 Chemistry Deleted Syllabus
There are a few topics from CBSE Class 12 NCERT that are not included in the Class 12 Chemistry Board Exams. Check the Chemistry Deleted Syllabus for Class 12 provided below:
|Chapters||Chapter Name||Chemistry Deleted Syllabus Class 12|
|Chapter 1||Solid State||
|Chapter 4||Chemical Kinetics||
|Chapter 5||Surface Chemistry||
|Chapter 6||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements||Full Chapter|
|Chapter 7||p Block Elements||
|Chapter 8||d and f Block Elements||
|Chapter 9||Coordination Compounds||
|Chapter 10||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes||
|Chapter 11||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers||Uses with special reference to methanol and ethanol|
|Chapter 13||Amines||Diazonium salts|
|Chapter 15||Polymers and Chemistry in Everyday Life||Entire Chapter|
NCERT Solution For Class 12th Chemistry
Students enrolled in class 12th have to prepare for their final exams. Various NCERT solutions are available for class 12th Chemistry that aid in better preparation. These solutions provide detailed explanations for all the topics covered in the NCERT Chemistry textbooks. In addition, the solutions also include practice questions that can help students test their understanding of the concepts. The NCERT solutions for class 12 Chemistry are an essential resource for students who want to score well in their final exams.
Also See: CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Sample Paper
Aakash NCERT Solution For Class 12th Chemistry
Aakash NCERT Solution for class 12th Chemistry provides students with a clear and concise explanation of all the essential concepts in the syllabus. The solutions are written by teachers who have an understanding of the subject. As a result, students can be confident that they get accurate and reliable information. In addition, the solutions are designed to be easy to understand so that students can quickly grasp the key points. This makes Aakash NCERT Solution for class 12th Chemistry an essential resource for any student who wants to ace their exams.
Other important NCERT solutions:
How to Prepare For the Class 12 Chemistry Term II Exam?
Now that you know the basics of writing a good term paper, it’s time to focus on how to prepare for your CBSE Class 12 Chemistry term II exam. Here are some CBSE Class 12 Term 2 Exam Preparation Tips to get you started:
- Know the syllabus inside out: You must be thoroughly familiar with the CBSE class 12 Chemistry term II exam syllabus. This will help you identify the topics you need to focus on and prepare for.
- Understand the exam format: Familiarise yourself with the CBSE class 12 Chemistry term II exam structure so that you know what to expect on test day. This includes understanding the different types of questions that will be asked and the marking scheme.
- Make a study plan: Once you understand the syllabus and exam format, it’s time to create a study plan. This should include when you study, what topics you will focus on each day and how you will revise for the exam.
- Get plenty of practice: Besides studying, it is also important to get plenty of practice. This can be done by solving past papers or taking mock exams.
- Stay positive: It is normal to feel some anxiety before taking an exam, but it is important to stay positive. Remember that you have studied hard and you are fully prepared.
CBSE class 12 Chemistry is a vast subject. The second term of the academic year will see exams for this subject. To help students prepare, we have outlined some of the most important chapters for these exams. Since it is impossible to cover everything in this short article, these topics are a good starting point for those looking for success in their CBSE class 12 Chemistry exams. Please make sure you are well-versed with them before sitting for your tests! Students would be confident about their exams once they cover all of these chapters for CBSE class 12 Chemistry exams.
Also See: Best Books For CBSE Class 12
FAQs about CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Syllabus