CBSE Class 12 Term 2 Board Exam date sheet is out and the exams will be taking place very soon. The CBSE Class 12 Term 2 Marking Scheme was also published by The Central Board Of Secondary Education. Students are advised to keep the CBSE Class 12 Board Exam Syllabus in mind as the Class 12 2021-2022 Board Exam syllabus was divided into two parts Term 1 & Term 2. Term 1 featured MCQ-type questions, whereas as per CBSE’s latest updates, Term 2 will have subjective-type questions.
When it comes to CBSE Class 12 board exams, science is the one that scares most of the students. But science is equally important for both JEE Main & NEET exam, as your CBSE Class 12 Board Exam Syllabus is also included in these competitive medical and engineering exams. To help students with their Term 2 Board Exam preparation we have prepared a detailed article on CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Syllabus & Chapter-wise weightage for term 2 exam . The article also talks about the Term 2 Science Exam Pattern for Class 12 and some tips to ace your science board exam.
CBSE Class 12th Chemistry Term 2 Syllabus & Chapter-wise Weightage
CBSE Class 12 Term 2 Chemistry Board Exam Pattern
Class 12 Chemistry Term 2 Paper will have 12 questions with internal choice.
|No. of Sections||3|
|No. of Questions||12
Section A: 3 questions of 2 marks each
Section B: 10 questions of 3 marks each
Section C: 1 case-study based question of 5 marks
Note: The usage of calculators and tablets is prohibited for students during their Term 2 chemistry board exam.
Also See: CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Preparation Tips
CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Term 2 Practical Syllabus & Marking Scheme
|S No.||Practicals Name||Term 2 Marks|
|4||Class Record & Viva||–|
|5||Project Work & Viva||5|
Study Material To Prepare For Class 12 Term 2 Chemistry Exam
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 3 – Electrochemistry
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 4 – Chemical Kinetics
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 5 – Surface Chemistry
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 8 – The d & f Block Elements
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 9 – Coordination Compounds
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 12 – Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 13 – Amines
Chemistry Term 2 Board Exam Section-wise Tips
- The units for Physical Chemistry: electrochemistry, chemical kinetics, and surface chemistry.
- Physical Chemistry includes numerical questions, so you need to practice a lot for understanding the concepts.
- Write down all the formulas before solving numerical problems and do not forget to write units in answer.
Also See: CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Sample Paper
- The units for Inorganic Chemistry: d- and f- block elements and coordination compounds.
- These units are theoretical so it is important for students to thoroughly read NCERT Books and Class 12 NCERT Solutions. Make adequate notes so that you can revise them later.
- Read and understand the graphs present in d- and f- block elements.
- The units are – Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids, and Amines.
- Prepare a chart with the names of all reactions mentioned in these units, write them again and again unless you memorize them.
- Also just don’t memorize but also understand the mechanism of each reaction.
Class 12 Term 2 exams will be taking place soon as the CBSE Class 12 Term 2 Board Exam datesheet, we suggest students to start revising and practicing Class 12 Chemistry Term 2 Sample Papers and take help from our important concepts chemistry section for revising concepts. Only focus on your board exams and think about which career to choose after class 12 PCM later, as your career choices solely depend on your class 12 board exam marks.