The CBSE class 12 board exams act as a ladder for students preparing to get admission to their dream colleges. So students must utilize every single second of this moment to prepare for the class 12 board exams effectively, their today’s hard work and dedication will pay off, and it truly does! Every year, we come across numerous top achievers, so don’t students wonder how they got there? The very easy explanation is that it was all because of their genuine effort and commitment. They were ambitious in their aspirations and enthusiastic about their future academic career, and they did everything to make it happen in reality.
Now the question arises, how do they intend to accomplish all of this? The simple answer to this question is a well-examined syllabus and planning the future preparations accordingly with full concentration. For comprehensive answers use NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology.
|Table of Contents|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Term 2: Exam Pattern|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Term 2: Syllabus and Unit-Wise Weightage|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Term 2: Practicals and Weightage|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Term 2: Chapter-Wise Important Topics|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Term 2: Short Notes|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Term 2: Important Questions|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Term 2: Important Preparation Books|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Term 2: Preparation Tips|
|Frequently Asked Questions On the CBSE Class 12 Biology Term 2 Syllabus|
CBSE Class 12 Biology Term 2: Exam Pattern
Understanding the CBSE class 12 Biology exam pattern can surely help students improve their time management strategies, which will ultimately help students in preparing for the Biology exam. It is the most effective technique to begin CBSE Class 12 Term 2 preparation.
|Types of Questions||Percentage Chances|
|Demonstrate Knowledge and Understanding||50%|
|Application of Knowledge / Concepts||30%|
|Analyze, Evaluate and Create||20%|
NOTE: Students would be given internal choices.
CBSE Class 12 Biology Term 2 Syllabus and Unit-Wise Weightage
Class 12 Biology: Practicals and Weightage for CBSE Exam
|Part A. List of Experiments
3. Prepare a temporary mount of onion root tip to study mitosis.
4. Collect water from two different water bodies around you and study them for pH, clarity and presence of any living organism
5. Collect and study soil from at least two different sites and study them for texture, moisture content, pH and water holding capacity. Correlate with the kinds of plants found in them.
|Part B. Study/observation of the following (Spotting)
B.6 Common disease-causing organisms like Ascaris, Entamoeba, Plasmodium, any fungus causing ringworm through permanent slides, models or virtual images. Comment on symptoms of diseases that they cause.
B.7 Two plants and two animals (models/virtual images) found in xeric conditions. Comment upon their morphological adaptations.
B.8 Two plants and two animals (models/virtual images) found in aquatic conditions. Comment upon their morphological adaptations.
CBSE Class 12 Biology Important Topics Chapter-Wise
Unit 8: Biology and Human Welfare
- Chapter 8: Human Health and Diseases
- Pathogens; parasites causing human diseases (malaria, dengue, chikungunya, filariasis, ascariasis, typhoid, pneumonia, common cold, amoebiasis, ringworm) and their control; Basic concepts of immunology – vaccines; cancer, HIV and AIDS; Adolescence – drug and alcohol abuse.
- Chapter 10: Microbes in Human Welfare
- Microbes in food processing, industrial production, sewage treatment, energy generation, and microbes as biocontrol agents and biofertilizers. Antibiotics; production and judicious use.
Unit 9: Biotechnology and its Applications
- Chapter 11: Biotechnology – Principles and Processes
- Genetic Engineering (Recombinant DNA Technology)
- Chapter 12: Biotechnology and its Application
- Application of biotechnology in health and agriculture: Human insulin and vaccine production, stem cell technology, gene therapy; genetically modified organisms – Bt crops; transgenic animals; biosafety issues, biopiracy, and patents.
Unit 10: Ecology and Environment
- Chapter 13: Organisms and Populations
- Organisms and environment: Habitat and niche, population and ecological adaptations; population interactions – mutualism, competition, predation, parasitism; population attributes – growth, birth rate, and death rate, age distribution.
- Chapter 15: Biodiversity and its Conservation
- Biodiversity – Concept, patterns, importance; biodiversity loss; biodiversity conservation; hotspots, endangered organisms, extinction, Red Data Book, Sacred Groves, biosphere reserves, national parks, wildlife, sanctuaries and Ramsar sites.
CBSE Class 12 Biology Term 2: Short Notes
Chapter 8- Human Health and Disease
The chapter discusses natural health, the importance of maintaining optimum health, types, diseases, treatment and prevention, immunity, and various forms. It addresses some diseases such as AIDS, cancer, and teenage difficulties.
Chapter 10- Microbes in Human Welfare Solutions
The chapter discusses microbes, sometimes known as microorganisms or microscopic organisms because they are only visible under microscopic apparatus. These microbes are invisible to the naked since they are small living beings that exist all around us in the air, water, soil, etc.
Chapter 11- Biotechnology: Principles and Processes
The chapter provides an in-depth examination of the principles and procedures involved in biotechnology.
Chapter 12- Biotechnology and its Applications
The chapter discusses how humans have been using biotechnology to enhance the quality of their lives, particularly in food productivity and sustainability of human health.
Chapter 13- Organisms and Populations
Here students will learn about organisms and populations. The chapter deals with important topics such as organisms and their environments, niches, and significant abiotic elements impacting organisms and their environments like temperature, water, light, soil, etc.
Chapter 15- Biodiversity and Conservation
Students will understand the value and importance of biodiversity, including its various forms, processes, evolution, deterioration, and conservation.
CBSE Class 12 Biology Important Questions
1. Explain why a virus is referred to as a retrovirus?
A virus is called a retrovirus because, like HIV, it is made up of RNA and performs reverse transcription to make DNA.
2. What exactly is Cry Protein? Specify the organism’s name that creates the protein. How did humans profit from this protein?
Bacillus thuringiensis, a soil bacteria, produces a crystalline protein known as the ‘Cry protein.’ This protein is poisonous to the larvae of insects such as mosquitoes, tobacco buds, and beetles. When the insect consumes the cry protein, it converts from an inactive protoxin to an active toxin. Insects’ alkaline gut pH is capable of dissolving cry protein crystals. When the activated version of cry protein binds to the midgut of insects, it produces pores in the cell’s intestinal epithelial, resulting in cell lysis and the insect’s death. This protein’s gene contains bacteria and is absorbed into crops to protect them from insects.
3. What exactly is a bioreactor? What are the benefits of a Stirred tank Bioreactor versus a Shake flask?
Bioreactors are vessels that comprise multiple organisms or chemical compounds that undergo chemical processes that create biologically active chemicals. They are enormous vessels in which raw ingredients are biologically transformed into specific proteins utilising plants, microbial, animal, or human cells. The following are the advantages of a Bioreactor versus a shake flask:
- It provides optimal circumstances for the intended product’s growth, such as temperature, pH, etc.
- It includes an agitation system, a temperature control system, a flow control system, and a pH control system.
4. What role does the enzyme “Ligase” play in the genetic modification?
In genetic modification, the enzyme “Ligase” works as a molecular structure that aids in binding two sections of DNA together. This process of linking the two pieces of DNA necessitates ATP and results in the development of a phosphodiester bond between two cohesive ends of DNA.
For more important questions and answers, students can check the NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology.
Best Books for CBSE Class 12 Biology Term 2 Preparation
Biology is a complete theoretical subject. Students need to make extra efforts to obtain high grades in CBSE class 12 Biology term 2 exams. Here is a combined list of the best reference books that students can use to score well in the class 12 Biology board exam.
CBSE Class 12 Biology Preparation Tips
Set a daily 5 hours routine
Biology is a highly demanding subject. Make a routine to study for at least 5 hours per day. However, students should not overburden themselves in the process. Take small rests between timetables.
Prioritize difficult chapters first
Prioritizing the chapters based on their difficulty level can help students prepare for the exam swiftly and efficiently. Students must first cover the more difficult topics and then move on to the easier ones. Using this way, there is no probability of missing any crucial topics, and students will be able to complete the syllabus and revise each chapter on time.
Plan a study schedule
An effective study schedule can assist students in planning their Biology exam preparation. Thus, creating an excellent study schedule and then sticking to it is always beneficial, and it will keep students stress-free and always on track.
Practice important diagrams
Biology is a subject of diagrams and detailing. Practicing all the important diagrams can help students ace their CBSE class 12 Biology exam. Having a good command of diagrams will help students properly brief the explanations.
Read and revise
To fully grasp the concept, students must thoroughly read all of the chapters. Biology is a theoretical subject; students can get good grades in the exam only if they understand it well. So, students must use the reading and writing approaches to revise their topics.
The CBSE will be administering the class 12 board exam in two terms. Students must use the CBSE class 12 Biology syllabus to prepare effectively for the term 2 board exams because their success in the CBSE class 12 board exams will determine their future academic careers. Using the CBSE class 12 Biology syllabus, students will get complete information about the units, exam pattern, unit-wise weightage and the question format.
The CBSE class 12 biology syllabus can help students prepare for various future medical entrance exams such as the NEET. As a result, students must study the Biology syllabus judiciously. The CBSE class 12 Biology syllabus and unit-wise weightage can help students work on their weaknesses and strengths effectively. Thus students must set a daily schedule according to the syllabus and work on it with full dedication and hard work. Students must refer to the NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology for a better explanation.
1. What is the significance of the CBSE Class 12 Biology syllabi?
The CBSE class 12 Biology term 2 syllabi, the academic year 2021-22, gives students extensive information on Biology’s major chapters and topics. Students must make sure that they grasp the principles of each chapter and topic very well. The following are the significance of studying the CBSE class 12 Biology term 2 syllabi:
- The CBSE class 12 Biology term 2 syllabus defines the whole course structure, including the marking distribution for each unit and the course length.
- The CBSE syllabus specifies the question paper format, allowing students to become familiar with all types of questions asked from each chapter in the examinations.
- The CBSE class 12 Biology board exam for 2021-22 will be conducted in written format.
- The CBSE class 12 Biology syllabus will help students prepare effective strategies for their board examination.
- By effectively evaluating the syllabus, students can prepare for the important topics, thereby reducing their future stress load.
- The CBSE class 12 Biology can help students prepare for their future engineering and medical entrance exams such as JEE (Main and Advanced), NEET, BITSAT, and others.
2. Suggest some tips and tricks for completing the CBSE class 12 Biology syllabus for board exams 2021-22?
Biology is a high-scoring subject. It can help students score good grades in the CBSE class 12 Biology board exams. But for that, students must follow some effective preparation strategies. Here are some simple and effective study tips and tricks to help students pass the Biology exam. These are a few last-minute study recommendations to help students ace their exams. These are some of the most effective CBSE class 12 Biology term 2 preparation tips that students must follow.
- Students must complete their CBSE class 12 Biology syllabus as early as possible to allow enough time for revision.
- Prepare an effective study timetable, and allow sufficient time for all subjects, including Biology.
- Biology is a subject of theories; rather than rote memorisation, students must try to understand the concepts and prepare keynotes by themselves. These notes will be effective for last-minute revision.
- After finishing the syllabus, students must practise previous year’s papers and sample papers for an adequate understanding of the concepts. It will help them comprehend the exam format, marking system, and important topics.
- Allow adequate time for revising the entire syllabus, and don’t skip any important topics and questions.
- In case of any further doubts, take help from the subject teachers, friends and peer group students.
- The CBSE class 12 board exams are the turning point in students’ academic careers. Therefore some stress is common but doesn’t let it affect the performance. All the best!
3. From where can I download the entire CBSE class 12 Biology syllabi?
Students can download the entire CBSE class 12 Biology term 2 Syllabus from the Aakash Educational Services Limited (AESL) website. The CBSE has also officially declared the class 12 syllabus on their websites; students can also check it. The Aakash Educational Services Limited (AESL) offers various benefits to its students. Some of them are as follows:
- AESL offers free CBSE class 12 Biology reference materials, CBSE sample papers, mock tests and previous question papers.
- The Aakash website includes many important questions from the board exam point of view for the students appearing in the CBSE class 12 board exams.
- The Aakash Institute provides free NCERT textbook solutions for all CBSE class 12 subjects, including Biology. Students can use the NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology to understand the important concepts and topics better.
- It provides an extensive syllabus guide for the students to comprehend the exam pattern, marking scheme, unit-wise weightage and types of questions asked in the exams.
- The Aakash Institute provides recorded video sessions with highly experienced faculty members to help students understand the concepts whenever needed.
By practicing these questions, students can get a sense of the examination environment and the difficulty level of the questions. Examining these study materials will give students additional benefits and help them comprehend the problems better. They will be able to manage their exam time for important questions effectively.
4. Is the NCERT textbook sufficient for the CBSE class 12 Biology syllabus?
The NCERT textbooks are intended to address and polish the concerns of all students. It provides students with a complete comprehension of all complex topics and subjects.
The CBSE class 12 board exams only ask questions from NCERT textbooks. Therefore students should thoroughly read and understand these texts because nothing outside these textbooks is asked in the board exams.
The NCERT textbooks provide students with in-depth knowledge and completely comply with the CBSE class 12 board syllabus. Refer to NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology
NCERT books provide a deeper knowledge of concepts that other reference books do not. The best strategy to prepare for board exams is to go through NCERT textbooks and thoroughly understand the concepts.
The NCERT textbooks explain the concepts in straightforward language, saving students time when preparing for exams. These books enable students to swiftly and easily learn complicated and challenging topics and subjects.
5. Along with NCERT, which reference book should I use for the CBSE class 12 Biology syllabi?
All students are studying for the CBSE class 12 board exams. Biology is one of the most important subjects, and students must study hard because it is one of the high-scoring subjects. The NCERT textbooks lay a solid foundation for class 12 Biology board exam preparation. Since the theoretical portion of class 12 Biology is more extensive, it is preferable to use the best reference book and the NCERT textbooks for extensive biology exam preparation.
Here are some of the best CBSE class 12 Biology reference books for term 2 board examinations.
- CBSE Biology Chapterwise Solved Papers class 12: Arihant Expert
- Together with Biology by S.Chand Biology: Campbell and Reece
- NCERT class 12 Biology Textbook
- S.Chand’s Biology for class 12: B.P. Pandey
- Pradeep’s A Text Book of Biology class 12: P.S. Dhami
- Trueman’s Elementary Biology for class 12 and NEET: K.N. Bhatia and M.P. Tyagi