CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus 2023: The central board of secondary education (CBSE) has released the detailed syllabus for the English language & Literature subject of Class 10th for the current academic session 2022-2023. The board has released the entire syllabus based on which the board examinations will be conducted at the end of the session. English is one of the most scoring subjects to overall increase your percentage in Class 10th Boards. Students must go through the complete Class 10th CBSE Syllabus to learn more about the important topics.
Class 10 English Language and Literature Syllabus 2022-23
|Writing Skills and Grammar||20|
|Language through Literature||40|
CBSE Class 10th English Syllabus 2022-23 Section A
Reading Skills (20 Marks)
- Discursive passage of 400-450 words. (10 marks)
- Case-based passage (with visual input- statistical data, chart, etc.) of 200-250 words. (10 Marks)
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) or Objective Type Questions (OTQ) will be asked to judge inference, analysis, interpretation, evaluation, and vocabulary.
CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus 2022-23 Section B
Grammar Section (10 Marks)
- Subject-verb concord
- Reported speech (Commands and requests, Statements, Questions, Determiners)
Right use of spelling, punctuation, and grammar in context will be assessed through Gap Filling/ Editing/Transformation exercises. Ten out of 12 questions will have to be attempted.
IV Creative Writing Skills (10 marks)
This section will have short as well as long writing tasks including compositions.
Formal Letter based on a given situation in 100-120 words. One out of two questions is to be answered. (5 marks)
Writing an Analytical Paragraph (100-120 words) on a given Map / Chart / Graph /Cue/s. One out of two questions is to be answered. (5 Marks)
CBSE Class 10th English Syllabus 2022-23 Section C
- Reference to the Context
- One extract out of two from Drama / Prose.
II. One extract out of two from poetry.
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) / Objective Type Questions (OTQ) will be asked to assess inference, analysis, interpretation, evaluation, and vocabulary.
Class 10 English CBSE Syllabus 2023: Short and Very Long Answer Questions
- Four out of Five Short Answer Type Questions are to be answered in 40-50 words from the book’s first flight (4 X 3 = 12 Marks)
- Two out of Three Short Answer Type Questions are to be answered in 40-50 words each from footprints without feet (2 X 3 = 6 Marks)
- One of two long answer-type questions from the first flight to be answered in approximately 100-120 words, to assess creativity, imagination, and extrapolation from text and beyond text. This can be a passage-based question taken from a situation/course (6 Marks)
- One out of two Long Answer Type Questions from footprints without feet on theme or plot involving interpretation, extrapolation beyond the text, and inference or character sketch to be answered in about 100-120 words (6 Marks)
CBSE 10th English Syllabus 2023: First Flight Chapter wise
- Chapter-1 A Letter To God
- Chapter-2 Nelson Mandela Long Walk To Freedom
- Chapter-3 Two Stories About Flying
- Chapter-4 Diary Of Anne Frank
- Chapter-5 The Hundred Dresses I
- Chapter-6 The Hundred Dresses II
- Chapter-7 Glimpse Of India
- Chapter-8 Mijbil The Otter
- Chapter-9 Madam Rides The Bus
- Chapter-10 The Sermon At Benares
- Chapter-11 The Proposal
Poems from Class 10 CBSE English Syllabus 2023
- Dust of Snow
- Fire and Ice
- A tiger in the Zoo
- How to Tell Wild Animals
- The Ball Poem
- The Trees
- The Tale of Custard the Dragon
- For Anne Gregory
CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus: Footprints without Feet Chapterwise List
- Chapter-1 Triumph Surgery
- Chapter-2 Thiefs Story
- Chapter-3 Midnight Visitor
- Chapter-4 A Question Of Trust
- Chapter-6 Making A Scientist
- Chapter-7 The Necklace
- Chapter-8 Hack Driver
- Chapter-9 Bholi
- Chapter-10 Book That Saved The Earth
FAQs on CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus 2023
How to prepare for the CBSE Class 10 English paper?
Know your CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus 2022-23 and start studying with a schedule. Practice each type of question & Enhance your analytical knowledge.
Is there any change in the syllabus of class 10 CBSE 2022?
The CBSE has shifted back to the annual assessment scheme for the academic session 2022-23 Class 10 board examination. The recent syllabus has been reduced by 30 percent. This has been done by eliminating some chapters and topics from the major subjects.
Is 10th Board removed from 2023 CBSE?
For the 2023 batch, CBSE Class 10, and 12 board exams will begin on 15 February. Unlike this year, there will be only one exam at the end of the academic session. In 2022 the board held board exams in 2 terms in view of COVID-19 but has decided to go back to the conventional practice of holding board exams once a year.
How do you prepare for boards?
Here are some important steps you need to follow to prepare for the CBSE class 10 board exams:
Prepare a study schedule
Find a calm environment
Prioritise more important topics
Make use of online resources
Test yourself through mock tests
Get sufficient rest
Is 10th marks important for the future?
Yes, class 10th marks are important for the future as on the basis of this one can choose the subjects of their choice.
Check Aakash Visual Stories:
Leave a Reply