CBSE Class 10th Syllabus (2022-23): The Central Board of Secondary Education has issued the revised syllabus for Class 10. The revised syllabus has witnessed further cuts this year for major subjects. The board authorities have also decided to remove the term-wise exam system and have brought back the single board exam system. Students can visit the official website to check the complete syllabus for Class 10.
Term-Wise System Discarded
According to the CBSE Board’s assessment policy, the board proposes to remove the two-term exam policy which was implemented last year in response to the pandemic. The exam will be based on the CBSE Curriculum 2022-23.
CBSE Board Exams 2023 – Overview
|Question Type||Class 10|
In the latest circular released by CBSE, the main focus is on Competency-Based Questions. Competency-based questions aim to find out how you have used specific skills in your experience, and how you approach certain problems and tasks. Also called behavioral or situational questions, they are often used in interviews. This year, CBSE is giving more weightage to such questions. This type of question will help the whole system override rote learning.
Objective Type Questions
Objective-type questions do not mean only MCQs, but rather may include a variety of other questions as well such as
- Assertion and Reasoning questions
- True and false questions
- Fill up questions
- Statement questions
- Multiple-choice questions
- Column Matching questions
Most of the subjective questions will be long or short-answer-type questions. According to the latest CBSE Class 10 syllabus, the subjective questions will have a weightage of 40%.
CBSE 2023 Exam Pattern
For the convenience of students, given below is the complete CBSE class 10th exam pattern for the session 2022-23:
- There will be only one board examination in the 2022-23 academic year.
- According to the latest CBSE Exam curriculum, the full syllabus will be covered in the final examinations.
- CBSE Class 10 board exams question papers in 2023 will give 40% weightage to multiple-choice questions, 20% weightage to competency-based questions, and 40% weightage would be given to subjective-type questions.
- Students can go through several sample papers to test their knowledge and get familiar with the new exam pattern. The sample paper for the latest curriculum will be released on the CBSE official website.
According to the new policy of board exams released for academic session 2022-23, at least 40% of the questions in Class 9th and Class 10th will be competency-based. These questions can be multiple-choice, case-based, source-based integrated, or any other form of inquiry.
Furthermore, in the 2022-23 Class 10 final exams, 20% of the questions will be objective type, with the remaining 40% short answer or long answer type.
As per the exam pattern of the 2022 session, 30% of the questions in the class 10 term 1, and term 2 exams in 2022 were competency-based.
- 40% multiple-choice questions.
- 20% competency-based questions.
- 40% subjective questions.
CBSE 10th Class Subject-wise Syllabus for 2022-2023
Given below is the detailed subject-wise syllabus for CBSE Class 10.
CBSE Class 10th Mathematics Syllabus
Here is the complete CBSE class 10 Syllabus for Mathematics:
|Number Systems||6 marks|
|Coordinate Geometry||6 marks|
|Statistics & Probability||11 marks|
|Internal Assessment||20 marks|
Also See: CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus
CBSE Class 10th Science Syllabus
Here is the complete class 10th Syllabus for Science:
|Chemical Substances-Nature and Behaviour||25 marks|
|World of Living||25 marks|
|Natural Phenomena||12 marks|
|Effects of Current||13 marks|
|Natural Resources||05 marks|
|Internal Assessment||20 marks|
|Grand Total||100 marks|
Also See: CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus
CBSE Class 10th Social Science Syllabus
Here is the complete class 10th Syllabus for Social Science:
|India & Contemporary World-II||20 marks|
|Contemporary India – II||20 marks|
|Democratic Politics – II||20 marks|
|Understanding Economic Development||20 marks|
CBSE Class 10th English Syllabus
Here is the complete class 10th Syllabus for English:
|Reading Skills||20 marks|
|Writing Skills and Grammar||20 marks|
|Literature Textbooks and Supplementary Reading Texts||40 marks|
Also See: CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus 2023
CBSE Class 10th Hindi Syllabus
Here is the complete class 10th Syllabus for Hindi:
|क्रमांक विषयवस्तु||कुल अंक|
|पाठ्यपुस्तक क्षितिज भाग – 2 एवं पूरक पाठ्यपुस्तक कृतिका भाग – 2||20|
Recommended Subject-wise Reference Books for CBSE Class 10th
Best Reference Books for CBSE Class 10 Maths
Apart from NCERT, students can refer to the following Class 10 Maths books for their board exam preparation.
- Mathematics for Class 10 – R D Sharma
- Secondary School Mathematics for Class 10 – R S Aggarwal
- All in One Mathematics – Arihant
Best Reference Books for CBSE Class 10 Science
CBSE Class 10th Science is divided into 3 divisions – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The best books for Class 10 CBSE Science are given below:
- Science for 10th Class: Physics by Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur
- Principles of Physics: S Chand books, N. K Chowdhry
- Fundamentals of Physics: Pradeep Publication
- Science for 10th Class: Biology by Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur
- Science for 10th Class: Chemistry by Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur
Best Reference Books for CBSE Class 10 Social Science
The best reference books for Class 10 SST are given below:
- All in One Social Science CBSE Class 10 – Arihant
- Golden Guide for Social Science – Sudha Rastogi, S.A. Siddiqui, J.P. Singhal & Dr. Gulshan Rai
- S Chand for Social Science – N.K Chowdhry
- Xam Idea for Social Science – Editorial Board
Best Reference Books for CBSE Class 10 English
Below we have provided the best reference books for Class 10 English for your reference:
- English Communicative – Oswaal School Books
- CBSE All in One English Language & Literature Class 10 by Arihant Experts
- High School English Grammar and Composition Book by Wren and Martin for Grammar.
- Xam Idea Complete Course English for CBSE Class 10 by VK Global
Best Reference Books for CBSE Class 10 Hindi
Below we have provided the best reference books for Class 10 Hindi for your reference:
How To Download CBSE 10th Exam Syllabus 2023 from the Official Website?
- Visit the official website – cbseresults.nic.in.
- Click on the CBSE 10th Blueprint 2023 list.
- Enter the relevant information such as the exam syllabus, and then click the submit button.
- The CBSE 10th Syllabus 2023 will begin to download and display on the screen.
- Take a print of the CBSE 10th Syllabus for future reference.
NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2022-23
- NCERT Class 10 Solutions
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Social Science
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Hindi
General Tips on How to Prepare for the CBSE Class 10th Board Exam
The following are some general preparation tips for the CBSE board exam in Class 10:
Be familiar with the exam pattern and complete the syllabus
Students must be clear about the pattern of the exam and the syllabus. The CBSE class 10 Exam blueprint covers information such as the complete exam syllabus, type of questions, the number of questions, the exam duration, the marking scheme, and the topics covered.
Make a detailed study plan
Proper planning is required if you want to achieve your goals. To get good marks in your CBSE Board exams, it is a must for students to create a proper study schedule and follow it regularly. Following a proper plan will help students to study at a consistent pace. Give more time to tough subjects.
Practice previous year’s sample papers
Students should practice previous year’s CBSE class 10th question papers to test their level of preparation. Practising CBSE Class 10 Previous year papers give them an idea about the important topics along with the types of questions that might be asked in class 10 board exams.
Take regular breaks while studying
Students are advised to take short breaks while studying. Students should go for a little walk, watch tv, sit and talk with the family to stay fit, active, and refreshed.
Study in Groups
It’s always more fun to study with friends. Group learning helps students to grasp things more quickly. In addition, boring topics will become interesting in group study sessions, allowing students to extend their study time.
Take Plenty of Rest
Stress, anxiety, and fear obstruct preparation and negatively impact your board exam performance. Get a good night’s sleep, especially the night before the exam.
Frequently Asked Questions About CBSE Class 10 Syllabus
1. Will the CBSE Board exam 2023 be conducted in two sessions?
The latest notification released by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) states that CBSE board exams will be conducted only once in at the end of 2023.
2. Where can students find CBSE class 10 sample papers?
The sample question papers will be made available on the CBSE official website as well as here. Keep checking for the latest information.
3. Where can I find the updated CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for the academic year 2023?
CBSE Class 10 revised syllabus for the academic year 2022-23 board exams are now available on the official website.
4. Is there any reduction in the CBSE Class 10 syllabus for the academic session 2023?
CBSE has released the rationalized syllabus for Class 10 for the academic session 2022-2023. The board has cut down the syllabus by dropping many important topics from Social Science.
5. How many hours should I study in Class 10?
Students must study at least 8 hours in the day to crack the board exam with a good score. However, even if you study for only about three to four hours with full focus, you are definite to get good scores.
Hopefully, the CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for the academic session 2022-23 will help you to be familiar with the complete exam pattern thoroughly and get prepare for your final board exams. Aside from these suggested preparation tips, eat healthily and get a full night’s sleep.
Also See: CBSE Class 11 Syllabus 2022-23
Check Aakash Visual Stories
Leave a Reply