CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2023: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) released the annual syllabus for class 10th for the current academic session 2022-2023. Students must go through this latest syllabus before starting to study a new chapter as some of the topics have been removed from this new syllabus. As science is considered one of the most important yet challenging subjects in class 10 boards, the division of syllabus has given some new hope to score well in exams. If you’re still unaware of the complete science syllabus, read the article to get the full details.
CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper 2022-23
|Demonstrate Knowledge and Understanding||46%|
|Application of Knowledge/Concepts||22%|
|Formulate, Analyze, Evaluate and Create||32%|
CBSE Class 10 Science Course Structure
|I||Chemical Substances-Nature and Behaviour||25|
|II||World of Living||25|
|IV||Effects of Current||13|
Unit I: Chemical Substances – Nature and Behaviour
Theme: The World of the Living
Unit II: World of Living
Heredity and Evolution
Theme: Natural Phenomena
Unit III: Natural Phenomena
Theme: How Things Work
Unit IV: Effects of Current
- Magnetic effects of current
Theme: Natural Resources
Unit V: Natural Resources
Best Books for CBSE Class 10 Science
- Science-Text book for class X- NCERT Publication
- Assessment of Practical Skills in Science- Class X- CBSE Publication
- Laboratory Manual-Science-Class X, NCERT Publication
- Exemplar Problems Class X – NCERT Publication
- ncert solutions for Class X
NCERT Class 10 Science Solutions for CBSE 2023 Syllabus
- NCERT Solutions
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter-1 Chemical Reactions And Equations
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter-2 Acids Bases Salts
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter-3 Metals And Non Metals
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter-4 Carbon And Its Compounds
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter-5 Periodic Classification Of Elements
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter-6 Life Processes
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter-7 Control And Coordination
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter-8 How Do Organisms Reproduce
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter-9 Heredity And Evolution
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter-10 Light Reflection And Refraction
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter-11 Human Eye And Colorful World
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter-12 Electricity
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter-13 Magnetic Effects Of Electric Current
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter-14 Sources Of Energy
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter-15 Our Environment
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter-16 Sustainable Management Of Natural Resources
In this blog, the syllabus chapter-wise and topic-wise breakage have been provided for the convenience of students. Some practice questions and previous year’s papers have also been provided to brush and polish up the knowledge and concepts. So, if you are looking for a complete guide on preparing for the upcoming CBSE Class 10 Science exam, then look above.
CBSE Class 10 2023 Syllabus Related Links
FAQs on CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2022-23
1. Is there any reduction in the syllabus of Class 10 2022-23?
CBSE has released the rationalized syllabus for Class 10 for the academic session 2022-2023. The board has cut down the syllabus by dropping many important topics from Science.
2. Are 2023 boards term-wise?
In 2023, the board will only conduct one exam. The board has decided to do away with the term-wise examination pattern. Hence, the CBSE Board exam 2023 will be held only once. As the board moves back to the traditional once-a-year exam pattern, the marking scheme will also change accordingly.
3. Is the 2023 board exam MCQ?
The question papers for the CBSE 10th Board Exams 2023 will have 40% MCQs (multiple choice questions), 20% of the questions would be competency-based, while the remaining 40% would be short/long answer type questions.
4. Is the 2023 board exam easy or hard?
If you are thorough with your preparation, then the CBSE board exam is not difficult for you. Starting your preparation early will make it even easier for you.
5. Is evolution deleted from the class 10 syllabus?
As per the revised syllabus, all part related to evolution is deleted.
With the CBSE exams around the corner, students should start putting all their efforts into studying. Hopefully, the contents of this article will help you prepare better for your class 10 science exam.
Check Aakash Visual Stories