CBSE Class 11 English Syllabus 2023: English is one of the most interesting subjects that is liked by all students. The subject covers many interesting stories and prose that talks about different concepts in detail making it all the more appreciated by students.
The central Board of Secondary Education has released the revised syllabus for CBSE Class 11 English for the academic session 2022-23. So, CBSE Class 11 students are suggested to follow this latest CBSE Class 11 English Core Syllabus to prepare for their exam in the appropriate manner and score good marks.
CBSE Class 11 English Syllabus 2022-23- Question Paper Design
The below-given table is a brief view of the question paper design.
|Creative Writing Sills||23|
|Literature Text Books and
Class 11 CBSE English Syllabus 2023: Section A – Reading Skills
1. Reading Comprehension through Unseen Passage
One unseen passage to assess comprehension, interpretation inference and vocabulary. The passage may be factual, descriptive or literary.
One unseen case-based passage with verbal/visual inputs like statistical data, charts etc.
2. Note Making
- Title: 1 Mark
- Numbering and Indenting: 1 Mark
- Key/Glossary: 1 Mark
- Notes: 2Marks
- Content: 2
- Expression: 1
Class 11 English CBSE Syllabus 2023: Section B
Questions on Gap filling (Tenses, Clauses)
Questions on re-ordering/transformation of sentences (Total seven questions to be done out of the eight given).
5. Creative Writing
- Short writing task – Classified Advertisements up to 50 words. One out of the two given questions to be answered
- Short writing task –Poster up to 50 words. One out of the two given questions to be answered
- Writing a Speech in 120-150 words based on verbal / visual cues related to some contemporary / age-appropriate topic.
- Writing a Debate based on visual/verbal inputs in 120-150 words. The theme should be contemporary topical issues. One out of the two given questions to be answered.
CBSE Class 11 English Syllabus 2023: Section C
This section will have a variety of assessment items including:
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Objective Type Questions
- Short Answer Type Questions
- Long Answer Type Questions
6. Reference to the Context
- One Poetry extract out of two from the book Hornbill
- One Prose extract out of two from the book Hornbill
- One prose extract out of two from the book Snapshots
7. Two Short answer type questions (one from Prose and one from Poetry from the book Hornbill).
8. One Short answer type question, from the book Snapshots, is to be answered in 40- 50 words.
9. One Long answer type question, from Prose/Poetry Hornbill, to be answered in 120-150 words.
10. One Long answer type question, based on the chapters from the book Snapshots to be answered in 120-150 words to assess global comprehension and extrapolation beyond the text.
CBSE 11th Syllabus 2023: Class 11 All Subjects Complete Syllabus for CBSE Academic Year 2022-23
Best Books to Prepare for CBSE Class 11 English Syllabus
1. Flamingo: English Reader published by National Council of Education Research andTraining, New Delhi
2. Vistas: Supplementary Reader published by National Council of Education Research and Training, New Delhi
CBSE Class 11 English 2023 Syllabus for Internal Assessment
|Assessment of Listening Skills||5 Marks|
|Assessment of Speaking Skills||5 Marks|
|Project Work||10 Marks|
CBSE Class 11 English Syllabus 2022-23: Project Work + Viva
Out of ten marks, 5 marks will be allotted for the project report/script /essay, etc, and 5 marks for the viva.
Suggestions for Project Work:
The Project can be interdisciplinary in theme. The ideas/issues highlighted in the chapters/ poems/ drama given in the prescribed books can also be developed in the form of a project. In addition to this, students can also take up any relevant and age-appropriate theme.
Write, Direct, and Present a Theatrical Production, / Act Play
This will be a project which will be done as a team. It will involve planning, preparation, and presentation. In short, various language skills will be utilized. There will be researching, discussing, writing the script, auditioning, and ultimately producing the play. The project will end with a presentation and subsequently a viva. Through this, teachers can judge the students’ analytical thinking.
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 CBSE English Hornbill Chapter-wise:
- Chapter-1 The Portrait Of A Lady
- Chapter-2 We Are Not Afraid To Die
- Chapter-3 Discovering Tut The Saga Continues
- Chapter-4 Landscape Of The Soul
- Chapter-5 The Ailing Planet The Green Movements Role
- Chapter-6 The Browning Version
- Chapter-7 The Adventure
- Chapter-8 Silk Road
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 CBSE English Poems:
- Chapter-1 A Photograph
- Chapter-2 Laburnum Top
- Chapter-3 The Voice Of The Rain
- Chapter-4 Childhood
- Chapter-5 Father To Son
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Snapshots Chapter-wise for CBSE:
- Chapter-1 The Summer Of The Beautiful White Horse
- Chapter-2 The Address
- Chapter-3 Rangas Marriage
- Chapter-4 Albert Einstein At School
- Chapter-5 Mothers Day
- Chapter-6 The Ghat Of The Only World
- Chapter-7 Birth
- Chapter-8 The Tale Of Melon City
NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 11 English Woven Words Chapter-wise:
- Chapter-1 The Lament
- Chapter-2 A Pair Of Mustachios
- Chapter-3 The Rocking Horse Winner
- Chapter-4 The Adventure Of The Three Garridebs
- Chapter-5 Pappachis Moth
- Chapter-6 The Third And Final Continent
- Chapter-7 Glory At Twilight
- Chapter-8 The Luncheon
Chapterwise NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 11 English Poems:
- Chapter-1 The Peacock
- Chapter-2 Let Me Not To The Marriage Of True Minds
- Chapter-3 Coming
- Chapter-4 Telephone Conversation
- Chapter-5 The World Is Too Much With Us
- Chapter-6 Mother Tongue
- Chapter-7 Hawk Roosting
- Chapter-8 For Elkana
- Chapter-9 Refugee Blues
- Chapter-10 Felling Of The Banyan Tree
- Chapter-11 Ode To A Nightingale
- Chapter-12 Ajamil And The Tigers
FAQs on CBSE Class 11 English Syllabus 2023
1. What is the CBSE syllabus for class 11 English core?
CBSE class 11 English syllabus includes all the chapters from both the textbook hornbill and snapshot. The CBSE has released the syllabus and students can download it in PDF format from the official website.
2. Why is it important to understand the syllabus for English?
It is important for all the students to go through the syllabus for every subject to get good scores. For English preparation, students have to go through the CBSE class 11 English syllabus 2022-23 and thoroughly go through the details.
3. How many chapters are there in class 11th English?
The entire book contains both prose and poetry and has a total of 13 chapters.
4. Is NCERT enough for class 11?
NCERT books are the best source for Class 11 exam preparation. It also helps as a stepping stone for the preparation for JEE/NEET and other competitive exams. NCERT course is excellent when it comes to clearing the basic concepts of a student.
5. Is the English elective hard?
English Elective is not difficult once you have the right approach and strategy to prepare for the exam
Leave a Reply