CBSE Class 11th Syllabus (2022-23): The Central Board of Secondary Education has issued the revised syllabus for Class 11. The revised syllabus has witnessed some changes from the previous years. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has done away with the term-wise system of examination that was adopted as a one-time scheme in the 2021-2022 session. Thus, now students would be required to prepare the whole syllabus for the annual examinations. Besides this, one major change can be noticed in the content of the syllabus. The board has rationalised the syllabus of almost all subjects and has dropped some chapters/topics to reduce the burden of a huge syllabus on students. Students can visit the official website to check the complete syllabus for Class 11. CBSE Class 11th students of Arts, Commerce, and Science streams can get here the syllabus of the subjects they have opted for.
Why is it Important to Know the Class 11 CBSE Syllabus in Detail?
The first step of preparing for exams is to know the complete syllabus. As to why it is important, let’s look:
- It contains all the vital information that one needs to know
- It gives you a rough draft of the topics and their weightage in the exam
- It explains the course structure to you
- It gives you an account of the related study material and information about the exam
- It outlines your success in the exam
CBSE Class 11 Physics Syllabus 2022-23
The CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Physics 2022-23 is released by the board authorities on the official website.
|Unit No.||Name of Unit||No. of Periods||Marks|
|Unit–I||Physical World and Measurement||08||23|
|Chapter–2: Units and Measurements|
|Chapter–3: Motion in a Straight Line|
|Chapter–4: Motion in a Plane|
|Unit–III||Laws of Motion||14|
|Chapter–5: Laws of Motion|
|Unit–IV||Work, Energy, and Power||14||17|
|Chapter–6: Work, Energy, and Power|
|Unit–V||The motion of the System of Particles and Rigid Body||18|
|Chapter–7: System of Particles and Rotational Motion|
|Unit–VII||Properties of Bulk Matter||24||20|
|Chapter–9: Mechanical Properties of Solids|
|Chapter–10: Mechanical Properties of Fluids|
|Chapter–11: Thermal Properties of Matter|
|Unit–IX||Behaviour of Perfect Gases and Kinetic Theory of Gases||08|
|Chapter–13: Kinetic Theory|
|Unit–X||Oscillations and Waves||26||10|
Best Study Materials and Books for the CBSE Class 11 Physics Exam Preparations
Here is a list of some best books for the Class 11 Physics preparations:
- Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday
- Fundamentals of Physics by Resnick
- Fundamentals of Physics by Walker
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Physics
CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Syllabus 2022-23
For chemistry subjects, the board has released the CBSE Syllabus for Class 11. Students can download the syllabus available on the official website and go through it to plan their studies.
Chemistry Class 11 CBSE Syllabus 2022-23
The table below shows the marks distribution and number of periods allocated for the Chemistry subject.
|Unit No.||Unit Name||No. of Periods||Marks|
|Unit I||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||18||7|
|Unit II||Structure of Atom||20||9|
|Unit III||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||12||6|
|Unit IV||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||20||7|
|Unit V||Chemical Thermodynamics||23||9|
|Unit VII||Redox Reactions||9||4|
|Unit VIII||Organic Chemistry: Some Basic Principles and Techniques||20||11|
CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Practical Syllabus 2022-23
The table below shows the evaluation scheme for practical exams.
|Class record and viva||04|
Best Study Materials and Books for the CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Exam Preparations
Here is a list of some best books for the Class 11 Chemistry preparations:
- ABC of Chemistry
- NCERT Solutions for Class XI Chemistry
- New Course Chemistry- Class XI both Volume 1 and 2
- NCERT Exemplar Class XI Chemistry
- NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class XI Chemistry
Also See: NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry
CBSE Class 11 Biology Syllabus 2022-23
The CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Biology 2022-23 is released by the board. Students can download the same from the official board website.
|I||Diversity of Living Organisms||15|
|II||Structural Organisation in Plants and Animals||10|
|III||Cell: Structure and Function||15|
CBSE Class 11 Biology Practical Syllabus
|One Major Experiment Part A (Experiment No – 1, 3, 7, 8)||5|
|One Minor Experiment Part A (Experiment No – 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)||4|
|Slide Preparation Part A (Experiment No – 2, 4, 5)||5|
|Spotting Part B||7|
|Practical Record + Viva Voce||4|
|Project Record + Viva Voce||5|
Best Study Materials and Books for the Class 11 CBSE Biology Exam Preparations
- Here is a list of some best books for the Class 11 Biology preparations:
- Modern ABC of Biology Class-XI Part I and Part II
- NCERT Solutions for Class XI Biology
- NCERT Exemplar Class XI Biology
- NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class XI Biology
- ABC of Biology
Also See: NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology
CBSE Class 11 Maths Syllabus 2022-23
The CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Maths 2022-23 is released by the board. Students can download the syllabus from the official website.
|I.||Sets and Functions||23|
|V.||Statistics and Probability||12|
Best Study Materials and Books for the Class 11 CBSE Maths Exam preparations
Here is a list of some best books for the Class 11 Maths preparations:
- NCERT Exemplar for Class XI Mathematics
- NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class XI Mathematics
- Senior Secondary School Mathematics- Class XI
- NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class XI Mathematics
Also See: NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths
CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Hindi 2022-2023
The CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Hindi 2022-23 is released by the board. The board has restored the original syllabus and has also returned back to year-end examination instead of term wise exam. Students can download the CBSE Syllabus pdf and go through it to plan their studies from the link below.
Hindi Class 11 Core & Elective Syllabus
|पररयोजना कायय||कु ल अिंक|
|हवषय वस||5 अींक|
|भाषा एवीं प्रस्तुहत||3 अींक|
|िोध एवीं मौहलकता||2 अींक|
|िोध एवीं मौहलकता||2 अींक|
Best Study Materials and Books for the Class 11 CBSE Hindi Exam Preparations
Here is a list of some best books for the Class 11 Hindi preparations:
- CBSE All in one Hindi
- Bhugol in Hindi
- NCERT Abhivyakti Aur Madhyam
CBSE Class 11 English Syllabus 2022-2023
The CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 English 2022-23 is released by the board. Students can download the syllabus and go through it to plan their studies.
CBSE Class 11 Syllabus for English Core 2022-23
Section A: Reading Skills
Reading Comprehension through Unseen Passage: 18 Marks
- One unseen passage to assess comprehension, interpretation inference, and vocabulary. The passage may be factual, descriptive, or literary.
- One unseen case-based passage with verbal/visual inputs like statistical data, charts, etc.
Multiple Choice Questions / Objective Type Questions will be asked. (10+8 = 18 Marks)
III. Note Making and Summarization based on a passage of approximately 200-250 words.
- Grammar: 7 Marks
i. Questions on Gap filling (Tenses, Clauses)
ii. Questions on re-ordering/transformation of sentences
- Creative Writing Skills and Grammar (16 Marks)
Short Writing Tasks
Classified Advertisements up to 50 words. One out of the two given questions to be answered (3 Marks: Format: 1 / Content: 1 / Expression: 1)
Writing a Speech
Speech in 120-150 words based on verbal/visual cues related to some contemporary / age-appropriate topic.
Writing a Debate
Debate based on visual/verbal inputs in 120-150 words. The theme should be contemporary topical issues. One out of the two given questions is to be answered. (5 Marks: Format: 1 / Content: 2 / Expression: 2)
This section will have variety of assessment items including Multiple Choice Questions, Objective Type Questions, Short Answer Type Questions, and Long Answer Type Questions to assess comprehension, analysis, interpretation, and extrapolation beyond the text.
- Reference to the Context
- One Poetry extracts out of two from the book Hornbill to assess comprehension, interpretation, analysis, and appreciation. (3×1=3 Marks)
ii. One Prose extract out of two from the book Hornbill to assess comprehension, interpretation, analysis, and appreciation. (3×1=3 Marks)
iii. One prose extracts out of two from the book Snapshots to assess comprehension, interpretation, and analysis. (4×1=4 Marks)
VII. Two Short answer type questions (one from Prose and one from Poetry from the book Hornbill) (3×2=6 Marks)
VIII. One Short answer type question, from the book Snapshots. Any 1 out of 2 questions to be done. (3×1=3 Marks)
- One Long answer type question, from Prose/Poetry Hornbill, to be answered in 120-150 words. Questions can be based on incident / theme / passage / extract / event as reference points. Any 1 out of 2 questions to be done. (1×6=6 Marks)
- One Long answer type question, based on the chapters from the book Snapshots to be answered in 120-150 words to assess global comprehension. Any 1 out of 2 questions to be done. (1×6=6 Marks)
Internal Assessment for CBSE Class 11 English Core 2022-23
- Assessment of Listening Skills – 05 marks
- Assessment of Speaking Skills – 05 Marks
- Project Work – 10 Marks
Best Study Materials and Books for the Class 11 English Exam Preparations
Here is a list of some best books for the Class 11 English preparations:
- Woven Words by NCERT
- The Old Man and the Sea by Earnest Hemingway
- Arms and the Man by George Bernard Shaw
Also See: NCERT Class 11 English Solutions
CBSE Class 11 Economics Syllabus 2022-23
The CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Economics 2022-23 is released by the board. Students can download the syllabus and go through it to plan their studies.
|Part A||Statistics for Economics|
|Collection, Organisation and Presentation of Data|
|Statistical Tools and Interpretation||25|
|Part B||Introductory Microeconomics|
|Consumer’s Equilibrium and Demand||13|
|Producer Behaviour and Supply||13|
|Forms of Market and Price Determination under perfect competition with simple applications||10|
|Part C||Project Work||20|
Best Study Materials and Books for the Class 11 Economics Exam Preparations
Here is a list of some best books for the Class 11 economics preparations:
- Statistics for Economics Class 11 by VK Ohri and TR Jain
- Introductory Microeconomics Class 11 by Introductory Microeconomics Sachdeva by Sandeep Garg
CBSE Class 11 Accountancy Syllabus 2022-23
Students can access the CBSE Accountancy Syllabus for Class 11 for the academic year 2022-23 by visiting the official website.
|Part A: Financial Accounting-I|
|Part B: Financial Accounting-II|
|Unit-3||Financial Statements of Sole Proprietorship||24|
|Part C: Project Work||20|
Best Study Materials and Books for the Class 11 Accountancy Exam Preparations
Here is a list of some best books for the Class 11 Accountancy preparations:
- Financial Accounting Part 1 by NCERT
- Financial Accounting Part 2 by NCERT
- Accountancy by TS Grewal
CBSE Class 11 Business Studies Syllabus 2022-23
The CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Business Studies 2022-23 is released by the board authorities. Students can download the complete Class 11 Business Studies syllabus and go through it to plan their studies.
|Part A||Foundations of Business|
|1||Nature and Purpose of Business||18||16|
|2||Forms of Business Organisations||24|
|3||Public, Private and Global Enterprises||18||14|
|5||Emerging Modes of Business||10||10|
|6||Social Responsibility of Business and Business Ethics||12|
|Part B||Finance and Trade|
|7||Sources of Business Finance||30||20|
|Project Work (One)||30||20|
Best Study Materials and Books for the Class 11 Business Studies Exam Preparations
Here is a list of some best books for the Class 11 Business Studies preparations:
- Business Studies for Class 11 by Poonam Gandhi
- All in one business studies for Class 11
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Business Studies
CBSE Class 11 Computer Science Syllabus 2022-23
The CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Computer Science 2022-23 is released by the board. Students can download the syllabus and go through it to plan their studies.
CBSE Class 11 Computer Science Syllabus and Marking Scheme
|Unit No.||Unit Name||Marks||Periods|
|1.||Computer Systems and Organisation||10||10||10|
|2.||Computational Thinking and Programming – 1||45||80||60|
|3.||Society, Law and Ethics||15||20||—|
CBSE Class 11 Physical Education Syllabus for 2022-23
Students can access the CBSE Syllabus of Class 11 Physical Education for theory and practical exams for the academic year 2022-23. The theory paper for Class 11 Physical Education subject is 70 marks. Students can download the syllabus pdf and go through it to plan their studies.
Unit I Changing Trends & Career in Physical Education
Unit II Olympism
Unit III Yoga
Unit IV Physical Education & Sports for CWSN (Children with Special Needs – Divyang)
Unit V Physical Fitness, Health and Wellness
Unit VI Test, Measurement & Evaluation
Unit VII Fundamentals of Anatomy, Physiology in Sports
Unit VIII Fundamentals of Kinesiology and Biomechanics in Sports
Unit IX Psychology & Sports
Unit X Training and Doping in Sports
Physical Education Practical Syllabus
|Physical Fitness Test: SAI Khelo India Test, Brockport Physical Fitness Test (BPFT)||6 Marks|
|Proficiency in Games and Sports (Skill of any one IOA recognised Sport/Game of Choice)||7 Marks|
|Yogic Practices||7 Marks|
|Record Files||5 Marks|
|Viva Voce (Health/Games & Sports/ Yoga)||5 Marks|
Benefits of CBSE Class 11 Syllabus
- It includes all the important information related to the particular subject. It gives an outline of the course structure.
- It works as a guide for the students as well as for the teachers.
- The syllabus also provides information about the assignments, projects, and practices that need to be covered for the respective academic year.
- CBSE Board Class 11 syllabus will help students to know the topics and sub-topics for that particular academic year.
- Studying according to the Class 11 syllabus will help the students to be confident while writing the final exam.
Some key points that can help you with your Class 11 Term 2 exams are as follows:
- Be thorough with the NCERT Syllabus.
- Maintain legible handwriting on the answer sheet.
- Revise notes and all important topics repeatedly.
- Solve Class 11 Previous Year Question Papers for problem-solving skills
- Study the NCERT Solutions for a better understanding.
How to Download CBSE 11th Exam Syllabus 2023 from the Official Website?
- Visit the official website – cbseresults.nic.in
- Click on the CBSE 11th Blueprint 2023 list
- Enter the relevant information such as the exam syllabus, and then click the submit button
- The CBSE 11th Syllabus 2023 will begin to download and display on the screen
- Take a print of the CBSE 11th Syllabus for future reference
Interesting Tips on How to Prepare for the CBSE Class 11th Board Exam?
The following are some general preparation tips for the CBSE board exam in Class 11:
Be Clear with the CBSE 2023 Exam Pattern
Students must be clear about the pattern of the exam and the syllabus. The CBSE class 11 Exam syllabus pdf covers information such as the complete exam syllabus, type of questions, the number of questions, the exam duration, the marking scheme, and the topics covered.
Make a Detailed Study Plan
Proper planning is required if you want to achieve your goals. To get good marks in your CBSE Board exams, it is a must for students to create a proper study schedule and follow it regularly. Following a proper plan will help students to study at a consistent pace. Give more time to tough subjects.
Practice Previous Year’s Sample Papers
Students should practice previous year’s CBSE class 10th question papers to test their level of preparation. Practising CBSE Class 10 Previous year papers give them an idea about the important topics along with the types of questions that might be asked in class 10 board exams.
Take Regular Breaks In Between
Students are advised to take short breaks while studying. Students should go for a little walk, watch tv, sit and talk with the family to stay fit and active.
Study in Big Groups
It’s always more fun to study with friends. Group learning helps students to grasp things more quickly. In addition, boring topics will become interesting in group studies allowing students to extend their study time.
Take Plenty of Rest
Stress, anxiety, and fear obstruct preparation and negatively impact your board exam performance. Take proper rest, especially the night before the exam.
We hope that this article may prove useful for you. The syllabus, exam pattern, weightage, and topics mentioned are updated. We have mentioned some useful tips for preparing for the major subjects of Class 11.
We wish you luck with your exams!!
Frequently Asked Questions About CBSE 11th Syllabus 2022-23
1. Where can students find CBSE class 11 sample papers?
Students can find the CBSE Class 11 sample papers on the official website as well as at Aakash BYJU’S. Keep checking for the latest information.
2. How many hours should I study in Class 11?
Students must study at least 8 hours in the day to crack the exam with a good score. However, even if you study for only about three to four hours with full dedication, you are definite to get good scores.
3. Is there any change in CBSE 11th syllabus 2022-23?
CBSE class 11 syllabus is reduced for the session 2022-23. The board has given the list of topics that are deleted in the CBSE syllabus for class 11 Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Accountancy, Business Studies, History, Geography, and other subjects.
4. Is the CBSE Class 11 syllabus 2022-23 divided into Term 1 and Term 2?
No, there will be a single annual exam for the CBSE Class 11 session 2022-23. There will be no bifurcation of the syllabus into Term 1 and Term 2.
5. What are the 3 secret study tips to prepare for CBSE Class 11 exams?
Here are some smart study tips to prepare for Class 11 exams:
- Know what your lecturers want. Before you start studying a topic, write down your lecturer’s learning objectives for that particular topic.
- Make a proper study plan.
- Use effective study techniques.
Also See: CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2022-23
Check Aakash Visual Stories