CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2023: The CBSE class 12 board exams act as a decider for students preparing to get admission to the college of their dreams. So students must utilize their time in the best possible way to prepare for the class 12 board exams effectively. The hard work and dedication put in by these students today will surely pay off in the future. Every year, we come across numerous toppers, so don’t students wonder how they got there? The main reason behind this is the efforts and commitment that are put in by these students.
Now the question arises, how do students tend to accomplish all of this? The simple answer to this question is a well-examined syllabus and planning future preparations accordingly with full concentration. For detailed answers use NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology.
CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2022-23: Exam Scheme & Revised Course
Check the complete syllabus below along with the new exam scheme.
|VII||Genetics and Evolution||20|
|VIII||Biology and Human Welfare||12|
|IX||Biotechnology and its Applications||12|
|X||Ecology and Environment||10|
Chapterwise Syllabus for CBSE CLass 12 Biology
Chapter- 2: Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
Flower structure; development of male and female gametophytes; pollination – types, outbreeding devices; pollen-pistil interaction; double fertilization; post-fertilization events – development of endosperm and embryo, development of seed and formation of fruit; special modes- apomixis, parthenocarpy, polyembryony; Significance of seed dispersal and fruit formation
Chapter- 3: Human Reproduction
Male and female reproductive systems; microscopic anatomy of testis and ovary; gametogenesis-spermatogenesis and oogenesis; menstrual cycle; fertilisation, embryo development up to blastocyst formation, implantation; pregnancy and placenta formation (Elementary idea); parturition (elementary idea); lactation
Chapter- 4: Reproductive Health
Need for reproductive health and prevention of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs); birth control – need and methods, contraception and medical termination of pregnancy (MTP); amniocentesis; infertility and assisted reproductive technologies – IVF, ZIFT, GIFT (Elementary idea for general awareness)
Unit-VII Genetics and Evolution
Chapter 5: Principles of Inheritance and Variation
Heredity and variation: Mendelian inheritance; deviations from Mentalism – incomplete dominance, co-dominance, multiple alleles and inheritance of blood groups, pleiotropy; elementary idea of polygenic inheritance; chromosome theory of inheritance; chromosomes and genes; Sex determination – in humans, birds and honey bees; linkage and crossing over; sex-linked inheritance – haemophilia, colour blindness; Mendelian disorders in humans – thalassemia; chromosomal disorders in humans; Down’s syndrome, Turner’s and Klinefelter’s syndromes
Chapter 6: Molecular Basis of Inheritance
Search for genetic material and DNA as genetic material; Structure of DNA and RNA; DNA packaging; DNA replication; Central Dogma; transcription, genetic code, translation; gene expression and regulation – lac operon; Genome, Human and rice genome projects; DNA fingerprinting
Origin of life; biological evolution and evidence for biological evolution (palaeontology, comparative anatomy, embryology and molecular evidence); Darwin’s contribution, modern synthetic theory of evolution; mechanism of evolution – variation (mutation and recombination) and natural selection with examples, types of natural selection; Gene flow and genetic drift; Hardy – Weinberg’s principle; adaptive radiation; human evolution
Unit-VIII Biology and Human Welfare
Chapter 8: Human Health and Diseases
Pathogens; parasites causing human diseases (malaria, dengue, chikungunya, filariasis, ascariasis, typhoid, pneumonia, common cold, amoebiasis, ring worm) and their control; Basic concepts of immunology – vaccines; cancer, HIV and AIDS; Adolescence – drug and alcohol abuse
Chapter 10: Microbes in Human Welfare
Microbes in food processing, industrial production, sewage treatment, energy generation, and microbes as bio-control agents and bio-fertilizers. Antibiotics; production and judicious use
Unit-IX Biotechnology and its Applications
Chapter-11: Biotechnology – Principles and Processes
Genetic Engineering (Recombinant DNA Technology)
Chapter 12: Biotechnology and its Applications
Application of biotechnology in health and agriculture: Human insulin and vaccine production, stem cell technology, gene therapy; genetically modified organisms – Bt crops; transgenic animals; biosafety issues, biopiracy, and patents
Unit-X Ecology and Environment
Chapter 13: Organisms and Populations
Population interactions – mutualism, competition, predation, parasitism; population attributes – growth, birth rate and death rate, age distribution. (Topics excluded: Organism and its Environment, Major Abiotic Factors, Responses to Abiotic Factors, Adaptations)
Patterns, components; productivity and decomposition; energy flow; pyramids of number, biomass, energy (Topics excluded: Ecological Succession and Nutrient Cycles)
Chapter 15: Biodiversity and its Conservation
Biodiversity-Concept, patterns, importance; loss of biodiversity; biodiversity conservation; hotspots, endangered organisms, extinction, Red Data Book, Sacred Groves, biosphere reserves, national parks, wildlife, sanctuaries and Ramsar sites
NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 12 Biology
- NCERT Solutions
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 1- Reproduction in Organisms
- Class 12 Biology Chapter 2- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants NCERT Solutions
- Human Reproduction Class 12 Biology Chapter 3 NCERT Solutions
- Reproductive Health NCERT Solutions – Class 12 Biology Chapter 4
- Chapter 5 NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology- Principles of Inheritance and Variation
- NCERT Solutions for Molecular Basis of Inheritance – Class 12 Biology Chapter 6
- Evolution NCERT Solutions – Class 12 Biology Chapter 7
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 8- Human Health and Disease
- Class 12 Biology Chapter 9 NCERT Solutions – Strategies for Enhancement in Food Reproduction
- Microbes in Human Welfare Solutions Class 12 NCERT Solutions – Chapter 10 Biology
- NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 11 Biotechnology: Principles and Processes Solutions
- Biotechnology and its Applications Class 12 Biology Chapter 12 NCERT Solutions
- Class 12 Biology Chapter 13 – Organisms and Populations NCERT Solutions
- Ecosystems Solutions NCERT Solutions – Class 12 Biology Chapter 14
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 15- Biodiversity and Conservation
- Environmental Issues Class 12 Biology Chapter 16 NCERT Solutions
FAQs on CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus
1. When is CBSE Class 12 Biology Exam 2022-23 going to be conducted?
The CBSE board has not yet released the dates for the upcoming CBSE class 12 board exams 2022-23.
2. Are Aakash's biology study materials beneficial?
Yes. Aakash study material is beneficial. It provides the best study material by using easy languages which will make any average student a topper. At Aakash, you will find the best quality of teachers. All you need to do is to join Aakash Byju's and bring out the best studies.
3. What is the importance of the CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus?
The CBSE class 12 Biology syllabus 2022-23 provides thorough information on the major sections and topics of each subject.
1. The Biology syllabus outlines the full course structure, including the chapter weightage for each unit.
2. The CBSE curriculum defines the question paper format, allowing students to become familiar with the types of questions
3. The Biology syllabus assists students in effectively preparing for class 12 board
4. Will there be 2 terms in 2023?
The CBSE will no longer hold term 1 and term 2 exams in 2023, instead of conducting Class 10 and 12 exams only once, as in prior years. According to the CBSE's official announcement, the decision to return to the annual board test format was made after a thorough review of the new system and input from different authorities.
5. Is Class 12 Bio hard?
It is difficult for some students to prepare for the Class 12 Biology Board exam. If they want to top in the Class 12 Biology exam then they have to study with complete hard work and dedication.
Check Aakash Visual Stories:
Leave a Reply