CBSE Class 12th Syllabus (2022-23): The Central Board of Secondary Education has issued the revised syllabus for Class 12. There are some changes in the revised CBSE syllabus in comparison to the previous years. There is no term-wise system of examination this year and CBSE has once again started following the one-time exam scheme. Students would now be required to prepare the whole syllabus for the annual examinations. Besides this, another major change that can be noticed this year is the content of the syllabus. The board has rationalised the syllabus of almost all subjects and has dropped some chapters/topics to reduce the burden of students. Students can visit the official website to check the complete syllabus for Class 12. CBSE Class 12th students of Arts, Commerce, and Science streams can get here the syllabus PDF.
Why is it Important to Know the Class 12 CBSE Syllabus in Detail?
The first step of preparing for CBSE exams is to know the complete exam syllabus. As to why it is important, let’s have a look:
- It contains all the necessary information that one needs to know
- It gives you a rough draft of the topics and their weightage in the exam
- It explains the detailed course structure
- It gives you an account of the related study material and information about the exam
- It outlines your success in the exam
CBSE Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus for 2022-23
|Units||No. of Periods||Marks|
|Relations and Functions||30||08|
|Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry||30||14|
- A concrete introduction to higher algebra
- A Course in Arithmetic
- A First Course in Abstract Algebra
- A friendly introduction to number theory
- A most elegant equation: Euler’s formula and the beauty of mathematics
CBSE Class 12 Physics Syllabus for 2022-23
|Unit||Topic||No. of Periods||Marks|
|Unit – I||Electrostatics Chapter–1: Electric Charges and Fields Chapter–2: : Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance||26||16|
|Unit – II||Current Electricity Chapter–3: Current Electricity||18|
|Unit – III||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism Chapter–4: Moving Charges and Magnetism Chapter–5: Magnetism and Matter||25||17|
|Unit – IV||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents Chapter–6: Electromagnetic Induction Chapter–7: Alternating Current||24|
|Unit – V||Electromagnetic Waves Chapter–8: Electromagnetic Waves||4||18|
|Unit – VI||Optics Chapter–9: Ray Optics and Optical Instruments Chapter–10: Wave Optics||30|
|Unit – VII||Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter Chapter–11: Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter||8||12|
|Unit – VIII||Atoms and Nuclei 1Chapter–12: Atoms Chapter–13: Nuclei||15|
|Unit – IX||Electronic Devices Chapter–14: Semiconductor Electronics: Materials, Devices and Simple Circuits||10||7|
- Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma.
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker.
- Problems in General Physics by I. E. Irodov.
- University Physics by Freedman and Young.
CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Syllabus for 2022-23
|Title||No. of Periods||Marks|
|D and F Block Elements||18||7|
|Haloalkanes and Haloarenes||15||6|
|Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers||14||6|
|Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids||15||8|
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics: 97th ed. …
- McGraw-Hill Concise Encyclopedia of Chemistry by McGraw-Hill Education Staff. …
- A Dictionary of Chemistry by Jonathan Law (Editor); Richard Rennie (Editor) …
- The Merck Index: 15th ed. …
- Encyclopedia of Chemistry by Don Rittner; Ronald A.
CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus for 2022-23
|Genetics and Evolution||20|
|Biology and Human Welfare||12|
|Biotechnology and its Applications||12|
|Ecology and Environment||10|
Recommended Books for CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus
- Biology, Class-XII, Published by NCERT
- Other related books and manuals brought out by NCERT
- Biology Supplementary Material
Benefits of CBSE Class 12 Syllabus
- It includes all the important information related to the particular subject. It gives an outline of the course structure.
- It works as a guide for the students as well as for the teachers.
- The syllabus also provides information about the assignments, projects, and practices that need to be covered for the respective academic year.
- CBSE Board Class 12 syllabus will help students to know the topics and sub-topics for that particular academic year.
- Studying according to the Class 12 syllabus will help the students to be confident while writing the final exam.
Some key points that can help you with your Class 12 exams are as follows:
- Be thorough with the NCERT Syllabus.
- Maintain legible handwriting on the answer sheet.
- Revise notes and all important topics repeatedly.
- Solve Class 12 Previous Year Question Papers for problem-solving skills
- Study the NCERT Solutions for a better understanding.
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 CBSE Syllabus
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Maths
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 English
How to Download CBSE 12th Exam Syllabus 2023 from the Official Website?
- Visit the official website – cbseresults.nic.in
- Click on the CBSE 12th Blueprint 2023 list
- Enter the relevant information such as the exam syllabus, and then click the submit button
- The CBSE 12th Syllabus 2023 will begin to download and display on the screen
- Take a print of the CBSE 12th Syllabus for future reference