CBSE Class 11 Maths Syllabus 2023: Maths is one of the most scoring subjects if you practice it with complete dedication and hard work. Therefore, students must go through the full syllabus and study Maths as per the content mentioned in it. CBSE has announced the class 11 Mathematics syllabus 2023 on its official website. In order to score excellent marks in Mathematics, students must plan a strategy to complete CBSE Class 11 Mathematics Syllabus. Once the syllabus is complete, students must practice the previous year’s question papers and NCERT Solutions for Class 11. This article talks about the detailed CBSE Class 11 Mathematics syllabus for the academic session 2022-23, the marking scheme, question paper pattern, and reference books.
CBSE Class 11 Mathematics Syllabus 2022-23
|Unit 1: Sets and Functions||23|
|Unit 2: Algebra||25|
|Unit 3: Coordinate Geometry||12|
|Unit 4: Calculus||08|
|Unit 5: Statistics and Probability||12|
CBSE Class 11 Maths Detailed Syllabus 2023: Unitwise
Unit-I: Sets and Functions
Sets and their representations, Empty sets, Finite and Infinite sets, Equal sets, Subsets, Subsets of a set of real numbers especially intervals (with notations). Universal set. Venn diagrams. Union and Intersection of sets. Difference of sets. Complement of a set. Properties of Complement.
Ordered pairs. Cartesian product of sets. Number of elements in the Cartesian product of two finite sets. Cartesian product of the set of reals with itself (upto R x R x R). Definition of relation, pictorial diagrams, domain, co-domain and range of a relation. Function as a special type of relation. Pictorial representation of a function, domain, co-domain, and range of a function. Real valued functions, domain and range of these functions, constant, identity, polynomial, rational, modulus, signum, exponential, logarithmic and greatest integer functions, with their graphs. Sum, difference, product, and quotients of functions.
Positive and negative angles. Measuring angles in radians and in degrees and conversion from one measure to another. Definition of trigonometric functions with the help of unit circle. Truth of the identity sin2x + cos2x = 1, for all x. Signs of trigonometric functions. Domain and range of trigonometric functions and their graphs. Expressing sin (x±y) and cos (x±y) in terms of sinx, siny, cosx & cosy and their simple applications.
1. Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
Need for complex numbers, especially √−1, to be motivated by inability to solve some of the quadratic equations. Algebraic properties of complex numbers. Argand plane
2. Linear Inequalities
Linear inequalities. Algebraic solutions of linear inequalities in one variable and their representation on the number line.
3. Permutations and Combinations
Fundamental principle of counting. Factorial n. (n!) Permutations and combinations, derivation of Formulae for nPr and nCr and their connections, simple applications.
Historical perspective, statement and proof of the binomial theorem for positive integral indices. Pascal’s triangle, simple applications.
Sequence and Series. Arithmetic Mean (A.M.) Geometric Progression (G.P.), general term of a G.P., sum of n terms of a G.P., infinite G.P. and its sum, geometric mean (G.M.), relation between A.M. and G.M.
Unit-III: Coordinate Geometry
1. Straight Lines
Brief recall of two dimensional geometry from earlier classes. The slope of a line and angle between two lines. Various forms of equations of a line: parallel to axis, point-slope form, slope-intercept form, two-point form, intercept form, and Distance of a point from a line.
2. Conic Sections
Sections of a cone: circles, ellipse, parabola, hyperbola, a point, a straight line and a pair of intersecting lines as a degenerated case of a conic section. Standard equations and simple properties of parabola, ellipse and hyperbola. Standard equation of a circle.
3. Introduction to Three-dimensional Geometry
Coordinate axes and coordinate planes in three dimensions. Coordinates of a point. Distance between two points.
Derivative introduced as rate of change both as that of distance function and geometrically. Intuitive idea of limit. Limits of polynomials and rational functions trigonometric, exponential and logarithmic functions. Definition of derivative relate it to scope of tangent of the curve, derivative of sum, difference, product and quotient of functions. Derivatives of polynomial and trigonometric functions.
Unit-V Statistics and Probability
Measures of Dispersion: Range, Mean deviation, variance and standard deviation of ungrouped/grouped data.
Events; occurrence of events, ‘not’, ‘and’ and ‘or’ events, exhaustive events, mutually exclusive events, Axiomatic (set theoretic) probability, connections with other theories of earlier classes. Probability of an event, probability of ‘not’, ‘and’ and ‘or’ events.
Class 11 CBSE Maths Syllabus 2022-23 Question Paper Design Based On NCERT
Check out the question paper design given below:
|Typology of Questions||Marks||Weightage(%)|
|Remembering: Exhibit memory of previously learned material by recalling facts, terms, basic concepts, and answers.
Understanding: Demonstrate understanding of facts and ideas by organizing, comparing, translating, interpreting, giving descriptions, and stating main ideas
|Applying: Solve problems to new situations by applying acquired knowledge, facts, techniques and rules in a different way.||20||25|
|Analysing: Examine and break information into parts by identifying motives or causes. Make inferences and find evidence to support generalizations
Evaluating: Present and defend opinions by making judgments about information, validity of ideas, or quality of work based on a set of criteria.
Creating: Compile information together in a different way by combining elements in a new pattern or proposing alternative solutions
CBSE 11th Maths Syllabus 2023: Internal Assessment
Check below the internal assessment marks for various sections:
|Periodic Tests ( Best 2 out of 3 tests conducted)||10|
Class 11 Maths CBSE Syllabus 2022-23: NCERT Prescribed Books
Check the reference books listed below to improve your CBSE Class 11 Maths preparation:
- Mathematics Textbook for Class XI, NCERT Publications
- Mathematics Exemplar Problem for Class XI, Published by NCERT
- Mathematics Lab Manual class XI, published by NCERT
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 CBSE Maths Chapters List
- NCERT Solutions
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 1- Sets
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 2- Relations and Functions
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 3 – Trigonometric Functions
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 4 – Principle of Mathematical Induction
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 5 – Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 6 – Linear Inequalities
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 7 – Permutations and Combinations
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 8 – Binomial Theorem
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 9 – Sequences and Series
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 10 – Straight Lines
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 11 – Conic Sections
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 12 – Introduction to the Three Dimensional Geometry
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 13 – Limits and Derivatives
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 14 – Mathematical Reasoning
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 15 – Statistics
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 16 – Probability
FAQs on CBSE Class 11 Maths Syllabus 2023
1. Will CBSE conduct CBSE Class 11 Exam 2023 annually?
Yes, CBSE will be conducting class 11 exams annually this year.
2. Where I can get CBSE Class 11 Mathematics Syllabus 2023?
You can get CBSE Class 11 Mathematics Syllabus 2023 from this page. To get the syllabus of other subjects the students can visit the official CBSE website or Aakash blog section.
3. How many units are there in CBSE Class 11 Mathematics Syllabus 2023?
CBSE Class 11 Mathematics Syllabus 2023 consists of 5 units. The units of CBSE Class 11 Mathematics Syllabus 2023 are Sets and Functions, Algebra, Coordinate Geometry, Calculus, and Statistics and Probability.
4. What are the benefits of knowing the CBSE Class 11 Maths syllabus?
Students are advised to create a study plan and organise their learning by providing an outline of topics and chapters in the NCERT 11th Class Maths syllabus.
5. Why are NCERT solutions for class 11th maths essential?
The sudden change in the level of mathematics from class 10th to class 11th is huge and cannot be joined by just the tutorial sessions. Students need to be thorough with the basic concepts Aakash NCERT solutions for class 11th, on the other hand, not only consolidate the concept by applying those in the questions but also save time.
Leave a Reply