The INICET has announced its exam date as November 13th, 2022, which is just around the corner. And what do you need at this time when you have about a month left in hand with you? A Mantra for getting top marks in the exam. The word ‘mantra’ breaks down into ‘man’ (mind) & ‘tra’ (freeing) – therefore a mantra is something that “frees the mind”.
And that’s precisely what you need right now: a free, relaxed, unburdened mind – so you can focus on revision.
The major challenge for students appearing in the exam is the vast syllabus and increasing competition with every passing year. Here are a few tips you must follow when preparing for the INICET Exam and score above the cut-off for INICET Exam 2022.
Please revise all INICET previous years’ papers.
- Yes, it is possible! Do what you can & forget about what is not possible right now. It is unlikely that the paper will consist of all that you haven’t done! It is mathematically impossible – but our overworking mind can make us think otherwise.
- Objectively, if you can do 50 questions a day – or, 5 every hour – you will cover 1 PYP every 4 days.
- This translates into 12 PYPs, till 13.11.2022.
- It can look like too little, or it can look like too much, depending on where you are, with respect to your preparation so far – but the truth is this is what you have: 10 minutes per question.
- And we are assuming that your study efficiency is about 80%. That is when you have been studying for 60 minutes, you have really been studying for 50: in truth – you can time yourselves – it is much less!
Avoid reading materials that are new to you.
- As you can see from the calculation above, you barely have time for the PYPs.
- By all means, pick up Harrison’s – but only the chapter on pericardial disease, and then too, only the table with the summary of all important conditions – and again, have a look at JVP, Kussmaul’s sign, pulsus paradoxus, and respiratory variation on echo – for tamponade, constrictive pericarditis & RVMI.
- If you didn’t catch the drift, what we are saying is this: BE HIGHLY SELECTIVE; BLIND TO EVERYTHING ELSE except the PYP topic.
Accuracy in the simple questions is what decides your INICET rank – not knowing the tough & controversial questions.
- Accuracy is the key to a high percentile for you. Since the exam depends on the performance of other candidates as well, one must never shift his/her focus from answering questions correctly rather than attempting all the questions.
- Yes, maximum questions are straightforward with a straightforward answer. Do not try to find riddles in every question. You might end up wasting a lot of time or marking the incorrect answer.
- 95% accuracy in straightforward facts (e.g., branches of ICA, lateral medullary syndrome) = good rank.
- 50% chance you’ll get the controversial/tough question (e.g., movement disorders with hyperkinesia; modified Robson’s classification) right = better luck next time!
Stay away from any sort of negativity
- Avoid any situation that can demotivate you, any such colleague, any lecture or video containing cold hard facts etc. Keep your morale up for most of the day.
- Focus on your points of strength for the INICET Exam 2022 for the next 40 days; even the top-ranked can’t finish everything!
Follow the 50-10 Rule for your exam preparation
- The 50-10 rule says that if you study for 50 minutes in an hour, then you should strictly take a break for 10 minutes. As exams approach, there is a tendency to minimize breaks. However, for consolidation of long-term memory, the brain needs rest & recovery.
- Perhaps you can work in pomodoros: 25 + 5 minutes – 25 minutes study, followed by a 5-minute break, or any variation of this that works for you.
- Also, sleep well – the best consolidation of long-term memory happens during deep sleep.
Have faith in what you have prepared and slog it out in the time that is in hand with you. And, we are sure you will reach great heights.
If you feel the need to have further guidance for your exam, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +919289680055. At Aakash, we have curated a program for the students appearing for PG Exams like NEET-PG & INICET. Enroll yourself today with a 20% discount on our PG Plus App.
Download Aakash PG Plus app.
All the Best, students!
Also See: Visual Stories by Aakash