NEET Preparation Books: NEET, or National Entrance cum Eligibility Test (NEET), is the single entrance test that grants students admission into different medical courses across the country. Students wishing to pursue their careers in medicine work hard day and night to try to secure an MBBS seat in a government medical college. Lakhs of students attend the exam every year, of which only a few thousand are lucky enough to get a seat in their desired medical college under the medical course they want to pursue.
Because the competition is tough, students need to study really hard for the NEET exam. Besides studying hard, studying smart and using the right resources is equally important when it comes to preparing for competitive exams. One of the most important aspects of having solid preparation is looking for the best books to study for the exam. According to the interviews of toppers and suggestions of subject matter experts, NCERT Solutions are the most important study material for cracking the NEET exam. However, supplementary books need to be referred to understand the concepts better. This discussion aims to provide you with a list of important books you should refer to achieve high ranks in the NEET exam.
NEET Best Books for Physics
- Physics is considered the most challenging subject by most NEET aspirants. Because lots of conceptual topics are involved, students need to refer to the right study resources. Even experts and professionals recommend studying the right books for Physics to gain an understanding of the fundamental concepts.
- An extra effort needs to be put into scoring good marks in Physics. For NEET, it is believed that Biology is a seat deciding subject while Physics and Chemistry are rank deciding subjects.
- The Physics syllabus for the NEET exam includes topics for Class 11 and Class 12. Many questions in the paper are asked from Mechanics, Electrostatics, and Electronics units.
- As discussed earlier, the NCERT textbooks are NEET preparation’s most important study material.
NEET Physics Important Topics – Visual Story
However, students can refer to the following additional books to clear their doubts and concepts:
- Physics Concepts by H. C. Verma
- Physics Fundamentals by Halliday, Walker, and Resnick
- DC Pandey Physics for NEET
- General Physics Problems by IE Irodov
- Fundamental Physics by Pradeep
- NEET Physics Syllabus includes chapters from Class 11 and Class 12. The NEET Class 11 chapters include The world of Physics and measurement, Motion and its Laws, Motion of System of Particles, Energy and Power, Kinematics, Gravitation, Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Thermodynamics, Oscillations and Waves, and Properties of Bulk Matter.
- The NEET Class 12 chapters include Electronic Devices, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei, Optics, Electromagnetic Induction, and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electrostatics, and Current Electricity.
NEET Books for Biology
- Biology is the most important subject as far as NEET exam preparation is concerned. This is because half of the NEET paper contains questions from Biology. The maximum marks for NEET 2022 paper are 720, of which Biology carries 360 marks. Therefore, students must pay attention to every topic of the NEET 2022 Biology Syllabus and should not ignore any parts of the syllabus. NCERT textbooks are the most reliable source to study Biology for NEET.
- The NCERT textbooks are more important for Biology than Chemistry or Physics. This is because most of the information related to the Biology subject is pretty straightforward and fact-based. There are minimum complex concepts involved in the subject. Moreover, analysis of previous year’s NEET papers has shown that 90-95% of the questions in the NEET Biology section are from the NCERT textbooks.
NEET Biology Important Topics – Visual Story
Apart from the NCERT, the following are some good-quality exam-oriented books that you can refer to have a good preparation for NEET Biology:
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- Biology Vol 1 and Vol 2 by Trueman
- Pradeep Guide on Biology
- Objective Botany by Ansari
- GR Bathla Publications for Biology
NEET Biology Syllabus consists of the NCERT Biology syllabus for Class 11 and Class 12. The NEET Class 11 chapters include Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants, Diversity in Living World, Plant Physiology, Cell Structure and Function, and Human Physiology. The NEET Class 12 chapters include Genetics and Evolution, Biotechnology and Its Applications, Reproduction, Biology and Human Welfare, and Ecology and Environment.
NEET Best Books for Chemistry
- The third subject that forms a part of the NEET Syllabus (apart from Physics and Biology) is Chemistry. Equal importance needs to be given to the NEET Chemistry Syllabus if you want to crack the exam. Performing well in the Chemistry section of the NEET paper can increase your rank exponentially.
- The Chemistry section of the NEET paper contains 45 questions in total, which amount to a maximum of 180 marks. The section has three further parts— Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Inorganic Chemistry. According to the analysis of previous year’s NEET papers, the Physical Chemistry and Organic Chemistry parts of the Chemistry section carry higher marks.
- Like Biology and Physics, the NEET Chemistry syllabus includes both class 11 and class 12 chemistry. NCERT textbooks are the most important books to prepare for NEET Chemistry, as suggested by the toppers and subject matter experts. Apart from NCERT, the following books are also highly recommended:
- ABC of Chemistry for Classes 11 and 12 by Modern
- Physical Chemistry by OP Tandon
- Dinesh Chemistry Guide
- Inorganic Chemistry is written by JD Lee
- Books by VK Jaiswal for Inorganic Chemistry, MS Chauhan for Organic Chemistry, and N Awasthi for Physical Chemistry.
NEET Chemistry Important Topics – Visual Story
- NEET Chemistry Syllabus contains Class 11 and Class 12 Chemistry syllabi. Class 11 NEET Chemistry syllabus includes Some Fundamental Chemistry Concepts, States of Matter, Classification of Elements, Hydrogen, Some p-Block Elements, Hydrocarbons, Equilibrium, Structure of Atom, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Thermodynamics, Redox Reactions, s-Block Element of the Periodic Table, Organic Chemistry- Some Fundamental Principles, and Environmental Chemistry.
- Class 12 NEET Chemistry syllabus includes Solid State, Surface Chemistry, p-Block Elements of the Periodic Table, Ethers, Phenols, and Alcohols, Organic Compounds that contain nitrogen, Solutions, Chemical Kinetics, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements, d and f Block Elements, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids, and Biomolecules, Polymers and Chemistry in Everyday Life.
Start Your Preparation Early:
If you watch previous NEET toppers’ interviews, you will notice one thing in common. They all started preparing well before average students. Most of them started to prepare for NEET in classes 11 and 12 by studying the topics from the NEET point of view. When you start a competitive exam early, you ensure that you finish the syllabus in time and have enough time left for revisions.
Even if you have a lot of time for your NEET preparation, you will not achieve good results if you spend most of that time procrastinating. Procrastination is the biggest enemy of success. The earlier you learn how to avoid procrastination, the better it will be for your preparation.
Solve Sample Papers and Previous Year’s Papers:
NEET is a multiple-choice question-based exam. No matter how well you study the theory parts, if you do not learn how to apply that knowledge in solving multiple-choice questions, all your hard work will go to waste. This is why it is so important to practise exam pattern questions. Solving NEET previous year question papers gives you an idea about the most important parts of the syllabus and how to approach them. Moreover, 10-12 questions in the NEET paper every year come directly or indirectly from the previous year’s question papers.
Attend Mock Tests:
If you do not know what NEET mock tests are, you will still have heard everyone suggesting to attend those. Well, mock tests are simulation tests that copy the exact conditions of the real NEET exam. This means the exam duration, difficulty level of the paper, and overall paper pattern is exactly the same. Solving mock tests teaches you time management skills and acquaints you with your strengths and weaknesses in relation to the syllabus. In a way, they give direction to your preparation.
Do Not Forget to Revise:
You might have faced the situation plenty of times where you study a topic and forget it within the next few days. How much you study for the exam does not matter. What matters is how much of the things you study have you retained. The purpose of studying is to store information and successfully retrieve that information in the exam hall. The best way to ensure you retrieve information and reproduce it in the exam hall is by revising the course material multiple times.
Preparing for competitive exams is no less than preparing for a battle. You have to be motivated enough to pull yourself up every day and concentrate on your studies. If you are not confident in your preparation and do not believe in yourself, it will be harder for you to win the battle. Believe in yourself and your preparation. Remember that not even toppers feel completely prepared for the exam before it.
After going through the whole discussion, you will have an idea about the best books for each subject under the NEET syllabus. Choosing and buying the right books is challenging nowadays because so many options are available in the market. Students often feel overwhelmed and do not know what study material to choose. Hope this article helps you narrow down your choices and settle for only what is best for you.
FAQs about NEET Preparation Books
1. Why is choosing the right books important for competitive exams?
Most students study hard when it comes to studying for competitive exams but only those who study smart and refer to the right resources succeed. It is important to study from the books that will help you cover most parts of the paper rather than going with random books.
2. How to gain confidence to crack the NEET exam?
The difference between an average student and a topper is that of confidence. Know that you have the same number of hours to your day that a topper has. Avoid procrastinating and finish the syllabus as soon as possible. The most you study, the more confident you will be about cracking the exam.
3. Why is it important to attend NEET mock tests?
Mock tests are a great way of assessing your preparation and knowing the important parts of the syllabus. Moreover, they teach you time management skills which are crucial when it comes to competitive exams. The best way to use mock tests to your advantage is by going through the entire paper after you finish, noting down your mistakes, and revisiting the topics in which you answered the wrong questions.
Check Aakash Visual Stories