The term 2 exams for the CBSE class are 10th & 12th are just around the corner. Since the exams are about to start, students are expected to start their revision now. It is expected that they have covered the entire syllabus for the exam.
While the preparations for the exam are in the last stage, students must consider some other things to avoid last-minute panic situations. The CBSE prescribes rules for students when they appear for the exam. These rules include instructions that guide the students on how they should appear for the exam. These instructions monitor what things the students can carry with them during the exam, what all things are banned at the examination centre, and
the dress code that the students should follow while appearing for the exam.
Things not allowed on the exam day
The CBSE has issued a list of items that can not be carried to the exam hall. These items are barred to avoid any unethical activity. In recent times, it has been observed that a few students have tried to use technology for attempting to cheat in exams. It had led to some restrictions imposed by the CBSE. It will ensure unbiased exam results. Take a look at the barred items from the CBSE class 10th exam hall.
- All the communication devices like mobile phones, Bluetooth devices, headphones, pagers, fitness bands, cameras, etc., are barred from carrying in the examination hall.
- Accessories like wallets, goggles, handbags, and purses are not to be carried.
- Any kind of eatables, either packed or unpacked, is not allowed except for diabetic patients.
- Stationery items like bits of paper, calculator, pen drive, electronic pen, and logbooks are not allowed at the exam centre. Students will be provided with the log tables by the exam conducting authorities when needed.
- Any printed or written material is strictly prohibited from being carried to the exam hall.
Acceptable stationery items
- A pen/pencil pouch that is transparent can be taken with you to the exam hall.
- Water bottles that are transparent and have nothing written on them
- Stationery items that are essential for writing the exam like pen, pencil, eraser, scale, and writing pad are allowed to be carried.
- An analogue watch is allowed to have an idea of the time.
Do prepare for the exam using reliable material like:
Dress code to be followed
The CBSE has prescribed a dress code for candidates to minimise the chances of using unfair means while writing the exam. Candidates wearing heavy clothes and accessories make it difficult for the invigilator to ensure that they are not hiding any piece of paper or any electronic device.
Candidates must follow the dress code decided by the CBSE and cooperate with the authorities. Candidates should wear their school uniforms, although there are some instructions that the CBSE has formulated for the dress code of both male and female candidates.
Dress code for male candidates
All the male students appearing for the CBSE class 10th exam should dress following the below points.
- Shirts or T-shirts with full sleeves are not allowed for the exam. Students should wear shirts or T-shirts with half sleeves.
- Students should wear light clothes that do not have any zip pockets, big buttons or any kind of embroidery.
- Male candidates are allowed to wear pants or trousers. White kurta and pyjamas are strictly not allowed.
- Students are expected to wear sandals or slippers as shoes are not permitted.
Dress code for female candidates
Female candidates appearing for the CBSE class 10th & 12th exam are expected to follow the below instructions regarding dress code:
- Heavy clothes and jewellery are strictly prohibited for the CBSE class 10th & 12th exam.
- Clothes having any kind of embroidery are not allowed.
- Full sleeved clothes or clothes with big buttons, flowers or brooches should not be worn.
- Wearing a saree is not allowed for the exam.
- Any kind of jewellery like earrings, nose pins, anklets, bracelets, rings, and necklaces must be strictly avoided in the exam hall.
- Slippers or chappals, preferably without heels, are to be worn while appearing for the exam.
If you want to revise for the CBSE Class 10 exam, then start preparing for the exam using Class 10 Previous Year Question Papers
If you want to revise for the CBSE Class 12 exam, then start preparing for the exam using Class 12 Previous Year Question Papers
Set of rules for the exam day
Students must abide by the set of rules given by the CBSE for the exam day of class 10th & 12th exam. Here is a brief of these rules.
- Candidates are supposed to be present at the examination centre at least 20 minutes before the reporting time.
- Students should carry their admit cards without fail. No student will be permitted into the exam hall without furnishing the admit card.
- Students also need to carry their ID cards issued by their respective schools.
- Invigilators will let the students in only when they show their admit cards and ID cards.
- Seats will be allocated to each student based on their roll number.
- Students are expected to follow the dress code prescribed by the CBSE.
- They must not carry any object from the list of barred items mentioned by the CBSE. Possession of any such object will lead to the disqualification of the candidate from the exam.
- Students will be allotted three hours for the completion of their exams.
- 15 minutes will be provided separately to go through the question paper.
- If the invigilator comes across any unfair means of the behaviour of students will result in strict action against the student.
- 30 minutes extra will be provided for physically handicapped students for completing the exam.
Students willing to appear for the CBSE class 10th exam should make sure that they follow the dress code. This dress code will help the CBSE to conduct the exam with minimum chances of any malpractices.
The CBSE conducts class 10th board exams everywhere. Lakhs of students appear for this exam. With a huge number of students appearing for this exam, the board needs enormous manpower to conduct this exam smoothly. Ensuring that there is no malpractice during the exam is a very difficult thing.
It has been observed that some students come up with numerous ways to cheat in the exam. These ways many times include the use of clothes they are wearing. Frisking all the students minutely gets tough for the authorities to manage.
The CBSE has thus formulated a dress code for male and female candidates appearing for the exam. The prescribed dress code has been created to make it easy for the invigilators to frisk all the students. This will ensure that there are minimum malpractices observed during the exam. This will not only be a copy free exam but also help the board to have an unbiased result for the exam.
FAQs about Dress Code for CBSE Board Exams 2022
Why has the CBSE formulated a dress code for the CBSE class 10th exam?
It is needless to mention the importance of the CBSE 10th exam in a student's life. The CBSE, therefore, makes every possible effort to conduct these exams and ensure maximum benefits for the students. One of the most important tasks for the authorities is to conduct the exams with minimum unfair practices by the students. It has been observed that students cheat by taking the help of the clothes or accessories they are wearing. Formulating a dress code will help the authorities easily frisk the students of whatever unfair things they could be carrying.
What are the things barred from carrying to the exam hall?
The CBSE has released a list of things that the students should not carry to the exam hall. All this is done to minimise the chances of any unfair means. Following are a few items that are not allowed to carry to the exam hall.
Non-essential stationery items like electronic pens or any textual paper written or printed are not allowed to be carried.
Communication devices like mobile phones, pagers, Bluetooth devices, headphones, and fitness bands are strictly prohibited.
Any kind of eatables, either open or closed, is not permitted.
Accessories like wallets, handbags, and goggles are not permitted in the exam hall.
What are the rules that the candidates need to follow on exam day?
The CBSE has listed out a certain set of rules for the students to follow on the exam day. Students must go through them and try to abide by them.
It is compulsory for the students to carry their admit cards and ID cards issued by the school. Failing to furnish them when asked by the invigilator will lead to not allowing the students into the exam hall.
Candidates must reach the exam centre at least 20 minutes before the reporting time.
They must not carry any objects from the list of barred objects. Failing to do so will stand the students disqualified from the exam.
Students are supposed to follow the dress code.
What is the dress code for male candidates appearing for the CBSE class 10th exam?
Male candidates who are appearing for the CBSE class 10th exam must follow the below dress code:
Shirts or T-shirts with full sleeves are not allowed for the exam. Students should wear shirts or T-shirts with half sleeves.
Students should wear light clothes that do not have any zip pockets, big buttons or any kind of embroidery.
Male candidates are allowed to wear pants or trousers; white kurta and pyjamas are strictly not allowed.
Students are expected to wear sandals or slippers as shoes are not permitted.