Upcoming 17 July 2022, the NEET exam will proceed. Every year the responsibility for arranging the NEET exam goes to NTA. It is the most important exam among all the medical entrance exams in India. Every year, lakhs of students fight for 66,000 seats of MBBS and BDS from all over India.
NEET exam comprises three sections: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The Biology section is further divided into two parts: Botany and Zoology. So in total, there are four sections in the NEET 2022. Each of these four sections contains equal weightage. The Biology section contains the maximum weightage.
Years of observations of subject matter experts suggested to aspirants that there will be a hike in the difficulty level of Biology this year. So it is needed to learn some smart techniques for it.
If you are looking for these, you will have to go through this article until the end.
|Table of Contents|
|Smart Ways To Prepare Biology For NEET 2022 Exam|
The NEET-UG 2022 exam Syllabus is vast. It is necessary to learn some smart ways to prepare for it. Lakhs of aspirants dream of cracking it, but a few of them realise their dreams. It is only possible because they play a smart game with their hard work. Here are some smart techniques that assist you with the Biology preparations.
Also See: NEET 2022 Biology Syllabus
How to Prepare Biology for NEET 2022 Exam
Here are some smart techniques that will abetment you with the Biology preparations for the NEET-UG 2022 exam:
- Know about NEET Biology important topics and their weightage
Knowledge of important topics and their weightage reduce your workload and preparation pressure upto 50%. It gives you a clear idea about what you have to focus on more. The important topics and their expected weightage for the NEET 2022 exam are as follows:
|Important Topic||Expected Weightage|
|Genetics and Evolution||18%|
|Diversity in Living World||14%|
|Ecology and Environment||12%|
|Structural Organisation in Animal and Plant||9%|
|Cell Structure and Function||5%|
|Biology and Human Welfare||4%|
|Biotechnology and Its Applications||3%|
- Collect the best study materials
Without the best study material is like a bird without wings. Experts advise studying NCERT textbooks and NCERT Solutions deeply to prepare the fundamental basis for the NEET 2022 exam. After completing NCERT, move to other reference books for better results. Here is a list of the best Biology books for NEET 2022 preparation:
|Exploring Biology||Sanjay Sharma & Sudhakar Banerjee|
|Trueman’s Objective Biology for NEET||M.P. Tyagi|
|40 Days Biology for NEET||S. Chakravarty|
|Together with Biology||S. Venugopal|
|Medical Entrances Biology||Mamta R. Solanki & Lalita Ghotik|
|Objective Biology||K.N. Bhatia / K. Bhatia|
|Moderns ABC of Biology||B.B. Arora, A.K. Sabharwal|
- Prepare a schedule chart and draw out a strategy
A timetable helps you plan your schedule properly and lets you utilise the time best. Schedule your time to cover all the topics in the shortest duration. Remember to add small breaks in between your timetable.
Planning a strategy is equally important as a timetable. Aspirants must plan their studies beforehand and then move slowly. The best strategy to crack the NEET 2022 exam is to first concentrate on the important concepts and not leave any single text from NCERT textbooks.
Also See: NEET Biology Important Topics
- Divide and sway
The best way to prepare for Biology for the NEET 2022 exam is ‘divide and rule.’ Yes, you are right! First, divide the NEET Biology syllabus of Classes 11 and 12 into small modules and prepare for them. It is estimated that from the total number of questions in the Biology section, there will be 40-42 questions from the Class 11 Biology syllabus and the remaining 48-50 questions from the Class 12 Biology syllabus. Therefore, it is good to divide this vast syllabus into small parts to understand all the Biology concepts and then work on each part properly.
- Make use of presentation or teaching method
When you use the presentation method of teaching method, you make efforts to prepare that topic with the best efficiency so that you will be able to solve all the queries of your viewers. In this way, you prepare that topic with a deep understanding. This method also helps you know all those points or answers to different questions you have never noticed before.
- Watch video lectures or videos
It is an era of technology, and you have various ways to utilise them for your profits. You can check recorded video lectures for all the difficult topics to grasp them easily. Video lectures help you understand the concepts behind them with ease and short duration. You can easily search for videos on any Biology topic on the internet. They are created to let aspirants memorise the topics within a short span.
- Find questions from inside the topics
When you read any topic, try to form at least 20 questions from the respective topic. This method will sharpen your understanding of the topics. When you search for questions, you repeatedly study the topic 2-3 times. In this way, every time, you will be able to see concepts in a new light. That results in getting more information. As a result, it increases your chances of gaining more marks in the exam.
- Use flashcards and notes
Notes and flashcards help you revise the syllabus in the shortest duration. Notes let you memorise all the important topics most quickly. At the same time, flashcards help you break complex concepts into multiple questions. This way, it becomes simple to understand and prepare the topics. You can use mnemonics, puzzles, or quizzes in your notes to make them more effective. Flashcards and notes are also the best ways to analyse your preparations.
- Practice diagrams and flowcharts
Biology is a subject that can easily be explained based on diagrams. From the human body to plants, you can diagram to explain the functions of every body part. On the other hand, flowcharts let you memorise the concepts systematically with the help of keywords. It helps you define and analyse the topics by building a step-by-step structure. You can easily grasp the point you are unable to understand with the help of diagrams and flowcharts.
- Solve question banks
It is one of the best ways to prepare for examinations. You have to solve 180 questions in 3 hours. And it is without any doubt a tough task, as you can waste no more than 2 minutes on a question.
Try to solve sample papers, NEET previous years’ papers, and NEET 2022 mock papers as many times as possible. Solving papers helps you excel in problem-solving skills, time management skills, speed, and accuracy. Practising sample papers will also give you an idea of the question paper patterns, important topics, difficulty levels, and weightage of the topics.
It is not an easy task to crack a national-level exam. But nothing is impossible. With determination and dedication, you can achieve any task. You can use the smart techniques mentioned above to prepare for the NEET 2022 exam. Following these techniques, you will get an excellent outcome in the exam.
Aspirants should also take care of their health. Without a healthy body and mind, you can not achieve any target. So, with the exam preparations, take daily a sound sleep, some time for exercise, and eat healthy food items.
We hope this article benefits you in the future. We wish you good luck!
Here are some NEET 2022 related FAQs:
1. In what way do writing with visual representations will help me in preparing for Biology for NEET 2022 exam?
Writing with visual representations is the easiest way to represent the ideas of your mind and tackle all the information simply. It helps you create strong interlinks among the topics that let you remember what you are studying. It will help you in the following ways:
- It improves your memory through visual aids, diagrams, and codes.
- Let you build a relationship between different topics.
- Create a better understanding of the subject.
- Helps you in connecting your ideas and experiences with your study.
- With visual diagrams, you can explore the subject with deep knowledge.
- It let you organise your thoughts and plan a strategy to write an exam.
- It introduces new ideas to learn more about the topics.
2. What are the important topics and Biology books for the NEET-UG 2022 exam?
Although it is hard to suggest important topics for a national-level exam, years of experience let us gain this information for students. The important topics of Biology for the NEET-UG 2022 exam are as follows:
- Animal & Plants Physiology
- Genetics & Cell Biology
- Basics of Biotechnology
- Ecology & Environment
The best books for Biology preparations for the NEET 2022 exam are as follows:
- NCERT Textbooks of Biology for Class 11 & 12
- NCERT Exemplars of Biology for Class 11 & 12
- Trueman’s Objective Biology for NEET by M.P. Tyagi
- 40 Days Biology for NEET by S. Chakravarty
- Objective Biology by K.N. Bhatia / K. Bhatia
- NCERT Solutions of Biology for Class 11 & for Class 12
3. I’m a Class 12 student and have applied for the NEET 2022 exam. Due to board exams, I’m unable to concentrate much on NEET preparations. What tips should I use to prepare for the exam?
The important tips that can help you with the NEET 2022 exam preparations are given below:
- Take a good time to know the NEET 2022 syllabus.
- Mark the important topics for NEET-UG 2022 exam.
- Collect the best study material from the market, internet, or library.
- Practice NEET previous years’ papers and NEET mock test papers.
- Prepare notes for all the important topics.
- Identify your weak points and work on them.
- Eat healthy food and sleep soundly every day.
- Note down your mistakes and try to work on them.
4. What is the best way for NEET-UG 2022 preparations?
The best smart technique for NEET-UG 2022 preparations is to ‘find questions from inside the topics.’ You need to study the single topic 3-4 times for this method. That leads to mastering that topic and memorising it for a long time. In this way, you have your question bank to prepare for the NEET 2022 exam instead of other question banks.
You will learn a deep knowledge of the concepts with the question-finding method. Whenever you read the same topic to find questions, you will also be able to learn something new from it. Finding questions from inside the topics help you with creative and critical thinking during exam time. You can pursue your thinking through this method.
5. What are the modern and traditional ways to prepare for the Biology section of the NEET exam?
The traditional ways of preparing for Biology for the NEET 2022 exam are as follows:
- Strictly drawing a timetable and following it.
- Preparing notes and strategies.
- Solving question papers.
- Collecting study materials.
- Knowing important topics, exam patterns, and exam syllabus.
The modern ways of preparing for Biology for the NEET 2022 exam are as follows:
- Make use of visuals, flow charts, and diagrams in studies to prepare your notes.
- Use of live or recorded video lectures or videos.
- Explaining topics to others.
- Drawing flashcards.
- Making a mock paper and solving it.
- Find questions inside the topics and answer them.
Leave a Reply