Do you think just studying materials and knowing short tips and tricks can help you get AIR1 in the NEET exam? Or do you believe that giving online tests a few days before the exam will help you get AIIMS Delhi or any other top MBBS institution? If your answer is yes, you are already in a complicated situation.
|Table of Contents|
|List of Best Books for Biology to Prepare for NEET|
|Tips to Retain what you have read from NEET Biology Books|
|Which Biology books to read at the last moment for NEET?|
|FAQs on The Best Books for Biology to Prepare for NEET|
|Do you have a hard time choosing which books are the best for you? The struggle ends here! Continue reading to find which Biology books are the ultimate ones to help you qualify NEET this year.|
Without having the right, more importantly quality, books in hand, it gets challenging to crack NEET or stay ahead of the competitors. Biology must be prepared with a solid understanding of theories covered in both Botany and Zoology, which can only be obtained with the help of books. Biology carries the most weight in the NEET exam. And if you do not have the right books, you won’t be able to complete the vast syllabus before the NEET exam.
|So, which are the books that will help you clear the concepts? Which are the books that will assist you in solving tricky questions in a limited time frame? The list is right below!|
List of Best Books for Biology to Prepare for NEET
It’s quite a struggle to find the best books to ace NEET in one go. You might have seen toppers recommending one book while the faculties recommend another. So, which one to choose? That is a dilemma.
|It gets complicated when you have to let those long biological names stay in your mind for a long time. Do not strain yourself anymore. Check out the tips mentioned below to retain the concepts and topics longer till your NEET exam takes place!|
To study Biology, Botany and Zoology must be covered in a 9:11 ratio. That is because Botany covers topics based on plants and Zoology covers topics based on animals. It would be best to study both of these sections from standard books to level up your preparations.
Here are the best books for Biology to prepare for NEET 2022 and after that:
|Book Name||Author Name/Publication||Features|
|NCERT Biology of Class XI and XII||MTG Editorial||Covers NCERT portions in detail, Contains previous year questions, Includes a large number of questions for practice Detailed solutions to challenging questions|
|40 Days Biology for NEET||S. Chakravarty||Easy to read Best book for the last moment revision Contains only relevant topics that will surely come in NEET|
|Biology||GRB Bathla’s Publications||Consist of questions based on previous year’s ones It will help you to understand the pattern of NEET Talks only about those topics that are relevant|
|Biology||Pradeep Publications||Loaded with MCQsNo matter how much you read, if you practice questions from this book, it is more than sufficient Given a clear understanding of various topics that are asked in the NEET exam|
|Trueman’s Objective Biology for NEET||M.P Tyagi||Highly recommended by toppers and subject specialists Second-most recommended book after NCERTContains ample questions for practice Straightforward and easy-to-grasp solutions Includes explanations of difficult theoretical questions|
|Are you wondering which books to keep at the last hour amongst these? Or are there any other books that can be kept for last moment preparation? Continue reading further to learn more!|
Tips to Retain what you have read from NEET Biology Books
Are you having trouble memorizing long names of biological species and other parts while preparing for NEET? Well, the trouble ends up here! Since Biology deals with complex nomenclatures and plant and animal kingdoms, it is important for students to retain them in their minds till the last moment of their exam. The problem can be solved if you follow the tips given below:
- Learn complex names from the NCERT Biology book first. That will help you create a strong base to broaden your knowledge while learning other complicated names.
- It will help if you practise from NCERT daily. Keep this book with you every day and read from it every day.
- After you get a hold of this book, start preparing from the MTG Objective-type book. This book will boost your confidence side by side while you mug up the NCERT.
- Do not rush to cover each book every day. Start slowly and gradually pace up.
- Once you start getting a hold of MTG, move to another standard book, SC Verma. It will enhance your grasping power and create a firm concept of the topics you are preparing for NEET.
- At this stage, complete each chapter from all three books in one go.
- Cover those chapters first that are difficult from your point of view. If you leave the difficult chapters for the last moment, the concepts won’t be clear.
- You should begin with the tough chapters first and give them more time to retain them longer in your mind.
- After you finish all the chapters from these books, switch to those books containing various MCQs and revise by practising them on pen and paper.
- Following these strategies on preparing from the NEET Biology books, you can score great marks in Biology in the NEET exam.
|Do you have questions related to Biology books for NEET? Do not miss out on the FAQs because who knows; your query might have been addressed in those. So, read below to get the answers to your questions!|
Which Biology books to read at the last moment for NEET?
That is one of the most asked questions by students studying in class 12 or passed out. You can complete the entire syllabus of Biology in 100 days that will come in NEET with the help of the books mentioned above. From the books mentioned above, you must keep the following books at the last moment:
- NCERT Biology (both vol 1 and 2): NCERTs must be kept with you from day one till the last day. Once you have prepared your notes from the textbooks, you can read them. However, it would help to read from the NCERT once a month to revise the concepts in detail.
- NCERT at Fingertips by MTG: You must practise questions from MTG whenever you are free. Do not solve the questions in your brain. Put them on pen and paper. If the question is short enough, it can work if you do it in your mind. But for lengthy questions, solve them on pen and paper.
- Modern ABC of Biology (both vol 1 and 2): This book is very handy to build strong fundamentals and revise concepts at the last moment. If your notes contain points from this book, it’s excellent. If not, then start making them now!
- Objective Biology by Dinesh Publications (vol 1, 2 and 3): While you give online tests, practising the questions from this book at the last moment is equally fruitful. So, do not forget to keep this book with you at the last hour.
FAQs on The Best Books for Biology to Prepare for NEET
Q1. Which books are the best for NEET Biology MCQ practice?
It is necessary to practice from objective-type books while preparing for the NEET exam. A thorough revision from the MCQ book will help retain the concept for a longer period. The following books are the best for NEET Biology MCQ practice:
- Beat the NEET Biology Topic-Wise MCQs by SK Singh
- Objective NCERT at your Fingertips for NEET-AIIMS by MTG Editorial Board
- Objective Biology Chapter-Wise MCQs by Disha Experts
Q2. Which reference book is the best for Biology NEET?
Every student must prepare from the reference book before proceeding with the short notes or study material provided by coaching institutes. The following reference books can be availed to prepare for Biology NEET:
- NCERT Biology Class 11 Textbook
- NCERT Biology Class 12 Textbook
- Trueman’s Biology Vol 1 and 2
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- Objective Biology by Ansari
- Pradeep Publication’s Biology
- Biology by GR Bathla Publications
- SC Verma Biology
Q3. Is MTG good for NEET?
MTG has been one of the most preferred books by toppers to prepare for Biology for the NEET exam. It is helpful for quick revisions as it contains numerous questions based on the MCQ pattern. These MCQs are chapter-wise and consist of previous year questions that help make the preparation stronger. The questions from this book must be at your fingertips to nail NEET in the first attempt.
Q4. Is NCERT Biology enough to crack NEET?
NCERT Biology is not enough to crack NEET. However, it is a must-to-go source while preparing for the NEET exam. Every bright mind must study NCERT first and then switch to other reference books for detailed coverage of the chapters and concepts. NCERTs indeed cover the major syllabus of the NEET exam; however, they are not sufficient to crack it.
Q5. How can I score above 650 with NEET Biology books?
To score 650 in NEET, you must score above 350 in Biology. And to achieve this much, preparing from the right book is very important. You must study from standard textbooks and the NCERT to score more in the NEET exam. Do not stress to score more or focus on the marks. Instead, focus on increasing accuracy while solving the NEET questions with the help of NEET Biology books.
Q6. Can I memorize Biology concepts faster with NEET Biology books?
To remember the concepts more quickly from the NEET Biology books, you must write daily whatever you have learned. Revision is the key to unlocking the door to scoring more NEET marks. The more you will write and memorize, the longer the concepts will be retained in your mind. So, start writing as much as you can to climb the ladder in one go with the help of NEET Biology books.
Q7. What are the chances that I can crack NEET with the help of Biolog books only?
Books help to clear the fundamentals of various topics. By adopting short tricks to learn and memorize the concepts, you will build a not-so-strong foundation. Unlike other students who read from the Biology books at priority, your basics will not be strong enough to help you crack NEET. So, it is mandatory to study from the books first and later focus on short tricks to speed up your calculations.
Q8. Where can I buy these NEET Biology books for NEET?
Students can get NEET Biology books from both offline and online stores. Online stores, such as Amazon and Flipkart, sell quality books that anyone can avail. If you are looking for second-hand NEET Biology books, you can visit offline bookstores and get them at discounted prices. Make sure to get the latest editions of the books to practice per the latest Biology syllabus of NEET.
Q9. Are online Biology books more helpful than offline books while preparing for the NEET exam?
Online books are handy to read and carry. However, reading longer on PDFs can stress your eyes. It is suggested that you keep a balance of online and offline books. Get standard books offline and quick guides/reading material online. It will help you maintain a healthy lifestyle, which is equally important than reading books while preparing for the NEET exam.
Q10. Can I skip chapters while preparing Biology books for NEET?
You must not skip any chapter from NEET Biology books. Questions will come from all the chapters present in the Biology textbook. The weightage can differ from the chapters, but surely a single question will come from each of them. So, you must not skip any chapter/concept/topic while preparing for NEET from the Biology textbooks.
Leave a Reply