NEET stands for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test. It is a national-level entrance examination that grants successful candidates admission to the most prestigious private and government medical colleges.
Biology is the subject that has the highest weightage in the NEET exam. The Biology part of the NEET exam comprises the following subjects— Botany and Zoology. The NEET 2022 Biology exam carries a weightage of 360 marks. The candidates with strong concepts and clarity get a chance to score the most out of the total marks in Biology.
Therefore, focusing more on Biology for NEET-UG 2022 can increase candidates’ chances of cracking NEET 2022 in the first attempt. The Biology syllabus of NEET 2022 contains parts of the syllabi of Classes 11 and 12. So, candidates need to go through the overall syllabus of NEET Biology very carefully. If you want quick access to the NEET Biology syllabus, please check NEET Biology Syllabus.
|Table of Contents|
|Tips to Prepare for NEET Biology Exam|
|Frequently Asked Questions|
Here are some interesting tips on how to prepare for NEET Biology exam:
NCERT is your friend:
The most important part of effective preparation is choosing the right academic resources. Your academic resources should be high-yield to expect maximum questions from what you have studied. As far as NEET Biology is concerned, almost all the questions in the paper are directly from NCERT or based on the concepts discussed therein. Therefore, it is indispensable for the candidates to study the NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology and NCERT solutions from Class 12 Biology by heart. After going through the Chapter, please solve multiple-choice type questions based on it. If you study all the Biology chapters from the NCERT textbooks thoroughly, you can expect to solve maximum questions in the paper. This is because Biology is mainly fact-based. There is not a lot of concept-based information like there is in Physics. So, you do not need to refer to different reference books for clarification. While reading, please remember to pay attention to minute details like exceptions, examples, names of scientists, etc. These points are very important from the NEET 2022 point of view and may come in the paper as one-liners.
Also See: NEET Biology Important Topics
How to Study better for NEET Exams – Lifestyle Tips | NEET 2022 Biology Strategy
Make your own notes:
Another resource you can trust is your class notes. Learning from class notes is very beneficial for you. They help you recall the whole lecture, and reading them strengthens the concepts you learnt in the class. Your teacher might mention some mnemonics or other hacks to memorise volatile information. All those points will act as a blessing for you while studying and will aid the learning process. Therefore, you must maintain an accurate, well-organized copy of your class notes. While making notes, write only the most important information to save time and skip the unnecessary details. Also, use different coloured pens for writing the headings, subheadings, questions, answers, and your doubts. This will help you understand them better, and you will be interested to read from them when you revisit them. Please draw diagrams wherever applicable. For example, instead of explaining the structure of the human heart in words, you can draw a diagram for the same, labelling the different chambers, vessels, etc. Research has shown that the human brain responds better to visual stimuli; also, you will better understand the concepts if you study them that way.
Follow a strict study schedule:
You know your resources; you have those ready. The next step is to start studying. The best way to ensure that you study every day and finish the NEET 2022 Syllabus on time is to construct a practical study schedule and follow it. If you watch toppers’ interviews, the one thing you will find common in their preparation strategy is that they plan. They set a goal and work hard towards achieving it. Analyse the parts of the NEET Biology syllabus that are left to study and calculate the average number of days left before the exam. Then distribute the syllabus over those days, leaving some days at last for revisions and giving mock tests. This will ensure that you complete all your syllabus on time and have enough time left for revisions. One feels more motivated to look forward to completing small targets than targeting the whole syllabus together. Having a study schedule also keeps you accountable. If you fail to complete your day’s target, you realise that you are lagging, making your work hard to complete that target in the subsequent days.
Solve NEET Previous Year Question Papers:
Please solve previous years’ NEET Biology question papers so that you get acquainted with the paper pattern. It will help you a lot as when you study after you go through the previous year’s papers, you know exactly what kind of questions come in the exam from that particular topic. So you study keeping in view the exam paper. Studying previous year’s question papers also helps you determine the most important topics of the syllabus for your exam to concentrate on those more. Also, solving many questions helps you strengthen your reflexes to mark the right option in the exam. Students who do not get the opportunity to solve the previous year’s question papers either due to laziness or time restraints will definitely miss out on some questions in the paper. This will lower their score and negatively affect their overall performance.
Attend NEET Mock Tests 2022:
Giving mock tests is very important for having a solid preparation for competitive exams. Your teachers, seniors, and mentors keep focusing on the importance of giving mock tests. This is because mock tests are great practice tools. They simulate the real exam conditions, forcing you to think and act in the way you would while sitting in the exam hall. They make you familiar with the NEET Exam Pattern and help you form strategies to handle the main exam question paper in the best possible way. If you do not have access to good-quality mock tests and are looking for a reliable source to provide you with the same, we are here to help you. Check out NEET Mock Tests and get access to our comprehensible NEET mock test series for free. You can also share these with your friends so that you all attend them together, discuss your mistakes afterward and brush up on the important parts of the syllabus. Mock tests prevent you from making silly mistakes in exams. Have you ever encountered a situation where you know the answer to a question, but you mark it wrong because of poor time management strategy or nervousness? Mock tests help prevent such situations in the exam by training your brain and enhancing your reflexes.
The best way to be confident to crack a competitive exam is by making adequate revisions. Please start with your NEET Biology Syllabus early, study every day, follow a set timetable and finish the syllabus well ahead of time. If it’s already too late, the best you can do is revise whatever you have studied first and then move on with the rest of the chapters. When you read a new topic, your brain stores it in an area called the neocortex as short-term memory. Revising the same topic multiple times converts the short-term memory to long-term memory and feeds it into another area of the brain called the hippocampus. Long-term memory is less susceptible to being forgotten and easier to recall.
NEET 2022: Study Plan and Preparation Strategy
NEET Preparation Tips & Tricks: How to prepare for the exam
NEET Preparation in 30 Days: How to prepare for NEET 2022 Exam in 1 Month?
After going through the whole discussion, you will be more confident in your NEET 2022 Biology preparation. Ensure to follow the points mentioned above to boost your preparation levels and keep working hard!
1. What are the study tips for the NEET 2022 Exam?
- You can wake up at your convenience but do not make it too late to be called afternoon.
- Have a filling and well-balanced breakfast.
- Study in small time slots
- Take a small 15-minute break after every slot
- Revise whatever you study
- Take a power nap after lunch if you want to
- Make a habit of doing a little physical exercise every day, as it enhances your blood circulation all over the body
- Eat snacks to refill yourself whenever you feel down on energy
- Meditate regularly for at least 15 minutes
- Try to sleep early. A good night’s sleep refreshes the mind
- Listen to some good soothing music before going to bed
2. What are the innovative methods of studying NEET Biology?
Students can check out these innovative ways of studying while preparing for Biology to crack the NEET 2022 Exam:
- Make use of online resources to fill the learning gap
- Draw the important diagrams on a chart and paste them around to keep a regular revision and also to give colour and character to your study space
- You can play calm motivational music in the background while studying at your convenience.
- Stay physically active during your preparation
- Do not read too many news articles or watch YouTube videos regarding the exam in excess. It will make you feel confused and anxious
3. What are the tips and tricks to keep in mind while preparing for NEET Biology?
- Revise all the important diagrams and tables from NCERT books thoroughly.
- Examples for the topics from the chapters on plant and animal kingdom, plant morphology and anatomy, and animal tissue should be read, and memories from NCERT
- Practice pedigree analysis to strengthen your reflexes while solving questions related to them
- As far as the topic of genetics is concerned, the process of central dogma should be specifically revised
- You should practise NCERT based questions as much as possible
4. What categories of questions are asked in the NEET Biology paper?
The questions asked in the NEET Biology paper can be divided into three categories:
- NCERT-based question: Almost 69-70 questions in the examination are asked directly from the NCERT books or the concepts discussed therein. They can be easily answered correctly by those students who have read the NCERT syllabus thoroughly.
- Direct questions from the previous years’ question papers: Another 7-8 questions in the examination can be attempted if you have solved the NEET Previous Year Question Papers. These questions are repeated with little or no modifications.
- Modified questions: At least 9-10 questions in the NEET 2022 paper will be advanced. These questions prove to be a game-changer for many students as they cannot be solved by merely cramming facts. Though they are also from the NCERT textbook, you need to apply the knowledge and fundamental concepts that you have about the subject to get them right.
5. What is the importance of preparing notes in Biology?
- Notes are very important for having good exam preparation. Because the syllabus in Biology is very vast, it is impossible to study and revise every topic from the books. Also, to prepare for NEET Biology, you need to refer to various books at the beginning of your preparation. But, during the revision phase of your preparation, consulting more than one book will consume a lot of your time. This is where the notes come to your help. Every student preparing for the NEET Biology section must make their own notes. It is imperative to make them on your own as it helps retain and recall the concepts better.
- When you start a new chapter, please read it first from the NCERT book. During the first reading, concentrate on understanding the fundamental concepts discussed in the book. There is no need to underline or highlight important points in the first reading.
- While reading the topic for the second time, you can highlight the important lines and points in the NCERT textbook. After reading a chapter for the second time, you will feel confident about what you have read. Now, refer to the supplementary material for NEET preparation. It can be a reference book, notes from your coaching institute, or class notes. This is when you start making your notes.
- For the Biology section of NEET, try making the notes on your NCERT book itself. Sticking an extra page after every Chapter or using stick-on slips can help serve the purpose. By doing this, you can ensure that all the information you require to read is there in the NCERT textbook, which will make the revision process easier for you. Also, reading every Chapter 3 to 4 times will ensure that you remember most of it until the next revision.
Top 10 Private Medical Colleges in India
Leave a Reply