Have you ever heard of someone who cracked the NEET exam after only a month of preparation? If you have, you probably assumed that they just got lucky. But how about you think about that again! Isn’t it possible that the student worked hard for the month before the exam and applied efficient, time-saving strategies to help him crack the exam? Hard work and determination make the hardest things possible and easy to achieve. Such rare cases inspire many students and keep them motivated even if they haven’t been able to study seriously even up to a few months before the exam.
NEET stands for National Eligibility cum-entrance examination. It is a national-level examination that grants successful students entry to the most prestigious private and government medical colleges across the country. It is one of India’s most coveted entrance exams, as the aspirants who crack it get a chance to enter the noble medical profession. Students work hard and study day and night to have solid preparation for the exam. There is one month left before the NEET UG 2022 exam. If you are someone who has still not started preparing seriously for the NEET 2022 exam, please don’t worry. We have a plan for you!
Visual Story: 5 Benefits of Solving NEET 2022 Mock Tests
Tips to Prepare for NEET 2022 in One Month
Get your confidence level up:
If you haven’t started preparing for NEET 2022 by now, you probably are feeling hopeless and low on confidence. The first and foremost thing to do is believe in yourself and have confidence that you are competent enough to crack the exam even if you start now. You might not have started your preparation yet, but that doesn’t mean you have zero knowledge about the syllabus. You have attended the classes in your school and coaching centre, appeared in a few school tests here and there and prepared for those, so you will have some retained information related to most of the topics in the NEET 2022 Syllabus. You must believe that if you give your 100% effort into working hard to finish the syllabus and solve NEET Previous Year Questions Papers in this one month, you still can crack the NEET UG 2022 exam.
Also, watch our video on Is NCERT Enough to Crack NEET 2022? | NEET Exam Preparation Strategy
You must promise yourself that you will utilise this last month to its full capacity and give your best to crack the exam, and then you should stay committed to this promise. You might have wasted a lot of time till now, but you have to stay committed to your preparation and your goal at this last moment. You can’t waste time procrastinating and falling prey to distractions. Only then can you expect to run through the syllabus and have a decent preparation for the exam
Prepare yourself for studying for 13-14 hours per day:
Taking breaks while studying is good; investing some time in extracurricular activities is also fine, but not when you have one month left to crack a competitive exam. At this point, you need to study for 13-14 hours per day with dedication if you want to crack the exam. Keep on reminding yourself that this one month of hard work will change your life for good.
If you want to prepare for NEET 2022 in one month, you will need to study for at least 13-14 hours per day. Studying for such long hours every day of this last month, avoiding all the distractions and getting adjusted to the monotony of the schedule is a challenge. In such a situation, staying motivated to head towards your goal is the only way to go.
Check our Visual Story on Must Read NEET Preparation Tips for Introvert Students
Form a study plan and distribute it across a well-organised timetable:
Analyse your whole syllabus and segregate it into the easy and the harder parts. Start with the easy chapters and make those your strength.
- Set a target for every day. No matter what happens or how will feel, you have to hit the day’s academic target
- Start with the high-weightage chapters, that is, the chapters from which the maximum number of questions have been asked in the previous NEET exams and then move on to the low-weightage ones. When the time is short, studying smart is more important than studying hard.
- Once you finish a chapter, solve a few multiple-choice questions based on it. NEET is an MCQ-based exam. Solving the exam pattern questions will strengthen your reflexes. After solving a certain number of questions, you will automatically mark the right answer even if you don’t know the whole concept behind the question.
- Solve previous year’s exam papers. There are many parts of the syllabus left to finish and the time is limited. Still, you must solve NEET Previous Year Question Papers on one day of each week. You can’t expect to have a solid preparation without solving the previous year’s question papers.
- Study interlinked or similar chapters together to save time.
- Solve at least 100 multiple choice questions from all three subjects every day.
- Attend 2-3 mock tests every week of this month. Mock tests simulate the exact conditions of the main exam and are extremely beneficial to cracking any competitive exam. They teach you time management skills and make you feel confident to face the real exam. If you do not know where to find them, you can find the high-yielding NEET Mock Test 2022 here NEET Mock Tests.
Wake up early:
Even if you are not a morning person, please wake up and start studying early in the morning. Morning is the best time to study because your brain is refreshed from the night’s sleep. If you go out of your comfort zone and give your best efforts in this one month, you will thank yourself for the rest of your life. The sacrifices will be momentary, but their NEET results will be long-lasting.
Also, watch our video on What Should be Your Preparation Strategy for NEET 2021? | NEET Tips and Tricks | Aakash NEET
Concentrate on strengthening your Biology Concepts:
Biology is a subject that does not have complex, hard-to-understand concepts. Most of the information is straightforward, fact-based, and can be memorised very fast. Moreover, Biology carries the maximum weightage in the NEET exam. So, if you manage to achieve high marks in Biology, it will increase your overall score to a great extent. Therefore, it would be best to utilise this last month efficiently and study all the NEET Biology concepts thoroughly. As far as Physics and Chemistry are concerned, please do not waste your time trying to understand hard concepts. Start with the easy, ready to memorise chapters and move on to the difficult ones once you are done with those.
Also See: Most Important Topics for NEET 2022 Exam
Stick to NCERT textbooks for all subjects:
Completing three vast subjects in one month is very challenging. To make it possible, you need to stick to one reliable, high-yielding source, which is your NCERT. Now is not the time to grab different reference books and try to build on your concepts. Moreover, most of the questions in the NEET exam directly come from NCERT solutions or the concepts discussed therein. So, if you study those thoroughly, you will be able to attempt most of the questions in the exam and increase your overall score.
For Physics, memorise the formulas well. Those are the keys to solving most of the Physics-based multiple-choice questions.
Check our web story on NEET Preparation/ Study for long Hours without Feeling Bored and Sleepy
Even though there is only one month left for the exam, starting the preparation can be very demotivating. But you need to realise that if you work hard and stay dedicated, you still have a chance to score high marks in the exam and get a medical seat. It is never too late to start new things. Please start studying; your time starts now!
1. Will the NEET 2022 Cut-off be high?
Due to the new medical colleges’ inauguration and an increase in the number of seats in the existing medical colleges, the NEET UG 2022 exam cut-off marks are expected to go down. The cut-off rank for the general category is expected to be around 22,000 this year. However, the cut-off for the reserved categories is not expected to change much. If you want more information on the topic, please check NEET Cut-off.
2. What is the NEET 2022 Exam Pattern?
- The NEET 2022 exam will be held in offline mode. There will be around 200 questions in the paper. Of these, only 180 questions are compulsory. These 180 questions contain 45 questions each from Physics and Chemistry, and the remaining 90 questions will be from Biology (Botany and zoology combined). The total marks awarded for these 180 questions will be 720.
- All the questions will be multiple-choice options based, except for Physics questions which can be asked so that the answer will be a numerical value.
- The total exam duration is around 3 hours.
- The question paper will be made in thirteen different languages, including Bengali, English, Marathi, Hindi, Punjabi, Malayalam, Kannada, Urdu, Telugu, Assamese, and Gujarati. If you want to have more information regarding the NEET 2022 exam, like NEET 2022 Exam Dates and NEET 2022 Exam Pattern, please check NEET Exam Dates and NEET Exam Pattern .
3. Can I prepare for the NEET exam in one month?
Preparing for a competitive exam is a very challenging task; however, no one can stop you from getting to your dream if you follow the proper strategies and resources. There is only one month left till the NEET UG 2022 Exam. You can still achieve your dream score and secure a medical seat if you work hard towards achieving it. Even if you didn’t start serious preparation, you will definitely have some idea about the syllabus, having passed the 11th and 12th class exams. Follow your NCERT textbooks and class notes, make a timetable, stay away from distractions and stop procrastinating. Please remember that Biology has the maximum weightage in the NEET question paper, and it is a very scoring subject from the NEET Exam point of view. So, focus on it more than the other two subjects. You can check NEET 2022 Syllabus here and start studying from now on!
4. Where can I find NEET-related information?
All the relevant information related to the NEET exam is uploaded on the official NTA website. NTA is the competent authority for taking the NEET Exam. However, if you want to have all the information related to the NEET Exam, like NEET 2022 Application Form, NEET 2022 Eligibility Criteria, and NEET 2022 Exam Pattern, at the click of a finger, you can check NEET Application Form, NEET Eligibility Criteria, and NEET Exam Pattern. Our website is filled with updated and informative blogs about the NEET Exam. Please check the blog section, too, if you don’t want to miss a thing.
5. Why is giving mock tests important?
Mock tests simulate the conditions and pattern of the main exam. They help you to have a taste of the real exam and make you face your mistakes. This makes you acquainted with your weak points, and you get a chance to strengthen those before the exam. Attending mock tests makes you realise your position and progress in the preparation. Also, mock tests help you to discover the right strategies to tackle an exam. Everyone works hard to study for competitive exams, but only those who work smart and hard at the same time and apply the right strategies succeed. Keep on giving mock tests and moving on towards your goal!
6. What is the best time to give mock tests for the NEET exam?
Please do not give full-length mock tests until you haven’t finished 70-75% of the NEET Syllabus. If you start giving mock tests before that, you will encounter many questions that you haven’t even touched. It will lead to unnecessary anxiety and self-doubt. You will feel discouraged and unmotivated to move on forward in your preparation. You can still give mock tests for practice if you have only finished 20-25% of the syllabus but don’t take them too seriously or let their results affect your motivation.