The NTA (National Testing Agency) has announced the CUET 2022 exam pattern, syllabus and subject-wise important topics on its official website. The exam board recently changed the title of CUCET to CUET. Students attempting the CUET 2022 examination can directly download the CUET 2022 Examination syllabus, exam pattern and important topics by visiting the official examination website. Students planning for the CUET 2022 Examination should be familiar with all the essential information to prepare for the exams effectively.
- The CUET is a one-stage examination with objective-type questions.
- According to the recent CUET 2022 exam pattern, the questions asked in the examination will be in the form of multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- Students must learn how to download the CUET 2022 answer key and calculate their anticipated exam score!
Students can check the detailed CUCET Exam Pattern 2022 – Marking Scheme, Questions, Total Marks | AESL here.
CUET 2022 Exam Pattern
The NTA is expected to hold the CUET 2022 Examination in the third week of May 2022. Students with a 10+2 certificate or an undergraduate degree are eligible to take the exam. The CUET 2022 application forms were available online in the third week of March 2022.
Understanding the exam pattern allows students to prepare for the exam more effectively. Students can plan for the exam by following the exam pattern. The detailed CUET 2022 exam pattern is provided below.
|Examination Mode||CBT (online mode)|
|Duration of Exam||
(Timings may change as per the choice of sections)
|Total Sections||4 Sections (Section IA, IB, II, and III)|
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer: 5
Incorrect Answer: -1
Un-attempted Answer: 0
|Examination Level||Class 12|
|Language Medium||13 Languages (Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Gujarati, Kannada, Odia, Malayalam, Marathi, Bengali, Assamese, Punjabi, and Urdu)|
|Maximum Tests||9 Tests
(2 Languages, 6 Domain-Specific Subjects, 1 General Test, or,
3 Languages, 5 Domain-Specific Subjects, 1 General Test)
CUET 2022 Section-Wise Exam Pattern
Total number of questions
Total number of questions to be attempted
|13 Languages||50 Questions
|20 Languages (Different from Section 1A)||50 Questions
|27 Domain- Individual Subjects||50 Questions||40 Questions||45 Minutes
|General Aptitude Test||75 Questions||65 Questions||60 Minutes|
Sections 1A and 1B: Both of these sections assess language efficiency. Students may select three languages from sections 1A and 1B combined. The third language selected must be in place of the student’s sixth domain particular subject.
Section 1A contains 13 different languages: Students can select any of these languages. Questions will be asked in various forms like reading comprehension (different types of passages – literary, factual, and narrative), literary aptitude, and vocabulary to assess students’ language skills. Section 1B, on the other hand, includes 20 languages. Students can select a language other than those listed in section 1A.
Section 2: This section includes 27 domain-specific subjects. A student can select up to six domains, as determined by the applicable college/universities.
Section 3: This section includes the general aptitude test for any undergraduate program/programs offered by universities that use an aptitude test for admission. This section tests general knowledge, general mental ability, current affairs, numerical ability, quantitative reasoning (simple application of basic mathematical principles arithmetic/algebra geometry/mensuration taught until Grade 8), and analytical and logical reasoning are also covered in this section. Check the detailed CUCET Exam Pattern 2022 – Marking Scheme, Questions, Total Marks | AESL.
CUET 2022 Important Topics
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has updated the CUET 2022 important topics for students to help them prepare for the entrance exam. All ambitious students should know the key CUET 2022 topics to devise an effective strategic plan and pass the examination with good scores. The CUET 2022 important topics include all important subjects and units from which students will get their exam questions.
Also see: CUET Syllabus
CUET 2022 Physics Important Topics
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Electromagnetic Induction and alternating Currents
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
CUET 2022 Chemistry Important Topics
|Atomic Structure||Chemical Bonding||Chemical Kinetics|
|Polymers||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen||Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids|
|Colloids||p-Block Elements||Chemical Equilibrium and Kinetics|
|Biomolecules||d and f Block Element||Surface Chemistry|
|Chemistry in Everyday Life||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements||Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers|
|Solid State||Electrochemistry||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
CUET 2022 Mathematics Important Topics
- Differential Equations
- Symmetric and Skew Symmetric Matrix
- Probability Distributions
- Integration and its Applications
CUET 2022 Biology/Biological Studies/Biotechnology/Biochemistry Important Topics
- Ecology and environment
- Biotechnology and Its Applications
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and HumanWelfare
Watch our video on What is CUET? | Know All About the Exam | Aakash BYJU’S
CUET 2022 Accountancy Important Topics
|Accounting Not-for-Profit Organisation||Accounting Using Database Management System (DBMS)|
|Analysis of Financial Statements||Reconstitution of Partnership|
|Accounting for Partnership||Using a Computerised Accounting System|
|Overview of Computerised Accounting System||Dissolution of Partnership Firm|
|Accounting for Share and Debenture Capital||Analysis of Financial Statements|
|Accounting Applications of Electronic Spreadsheet|
CUET 2022 Business Studies Important Topics
|Nature and Significance of Management||Principles of Management|
|Financial Markets||Consumer Protection|
CUET 2022 Computer Science Important Topics
|Computer Network||Database Concepts|
|Exception and File Handling in Python||Data Handling using Pandas – I|
|Structured Query Language||Data Handling using Pandas – 2|
|Societal Impacts||Introduction to Computer Networks|
CUET 2022 Legal Studies Important Topics
- Legal Profession in India
- Legal Services
- Human Rights in India
- Topics of Law
- Arbitration, Tribunal Adjudication, and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Legal Maxims
- International Context
CUET 2022 Economics Important Topics
CUET 2022 Engineering Graphics Important Topics
- Isometric Projection of Solids
- Free Hand Sketches
- Machine Drawing
- Rod Joint & Pipe Joint
CUET 2022 Entrepreneurship Important Topics
- Entrepreneurial Opportunity
- Resource Mobilisation
- Enterprise Marketing
- Business Arithmetic
- Enterprise Growth Strategies
- Entrepreneurial Planning
CUET 2022 Language Important Topics
These are some of the important topics to be covered in the Language section:
- Reading Comprehension: There will be three different types of passages(maximum 300-350 words):
- Verbal Ability
- Rearranging sentences
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Choosing the correct word
CUET 2022 History Important Topics
|The Story of the First Cities Harappan Archaeology||The Making of the Constitution|
|Colonialism and Rural Society: Evidence from Official Reports||Mahatma Gandhi through Contemporary Eyes|
|Political and Economic History: How Inscriptions tell a story||A History of Buddhism: Sanchi Stupa|
|Representations of 1857||Agrarian Relations|
|The Ain-i- Akbari Colonialism and Indian Towns: Town Plans and Municipal Reports||Partition through Oral Sources|
|The Mughal Court: Reconstructing Histories through Chronicles||Religious Histories: The Bhakti-Sufi Tradition|
|Mediaeval Society through Travellers’ Accounts||Social Histories using the Mahabharata|
|New Architecture: Hampi|
CUET 2022 Home Science Important Topics
- Human Development: Life Span Approach
- Community Development and Extension
- Nutrition for Self, Family, and Community
- Apparel: Designing, Selection, and Care
- Money Management and Consumer Education
- Career Options after Home Science Education
CUET 2022 Knowledge Tradition and Practices of India Important Topics
- Agriculture: A Survey
- Martial Arts Traditions: A Survey
- Dance: A Survey
- Other Technologies: A Survey
- Education Systems and Practices: A Survey
- Language and Grammar
- Ethics: Individual and Social
Top 5 Reasons to Join a Crash Course CUET 2022
What is the CUET exam? Why is it important for Class 12 students?
CUET Colleges List 2022: Here’s a Glimpse of All Participating Universities
CUET 2022 Entrance Exam Important Guidelines for Students
CUET Preparation 2022: 23 Clever Tips To Ace CUCET Entrance Test
CUET 2022 Environmental Science Important Topics
- Human Beings and Nature
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Monitoring Pollution
- Population and Conservation Ecology
CUET 2022 Geography Important Topics
- Human Geography: Nature and Scope
- India: People and Economy
- Human Settlements
- Human Activities
- Resources and Development
- Transport, Communication, and International Trade
- Geographical Perspective on Selected Issues and Problems
CUET 2022 Physical Education/ Yoga/ NCC Important Topics
- Sociological Aspects of Physical Education
- Training Methods
- Sports Injuries and First Aid
- Advantages of warming up, conditioning, and cooling/limbering.
- Test & Measurement in Sports
- Career Aspects in Physical Education
- Psychology & Sports
- Health Education & Health Problems
- Important institutions of Physical Education in India
- Career options in Physical Education
- Tournaments and types of tournaments
CUET 2022 Psychology Important Topics
- Psychology and Life
- Variations in Psychological Attributes
- Meeting Life Challenges
- Social Influence and Group Processes
- Psychological Disorders
- Self and Personality
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Developing Psychological Skills
- Attitude and Social Cognition
CUET 2022 Political Science Important Topics
- Politics in India since Independence
- Contemporary World Politics
CUET 2022 Sociology Important Topics
- Social Movements
- Structure of Indian Society
- Social Change and the Economy
- Social Institutions: Continuity and Change
- Social Change and the Polity
- Social Inequality and Exclusion
- Arenas of Social Change
- The Challenges of Unity in Diversity New Arenas of Social Change
CUET 2022 Teaching Aptitude Important Topics
- General Education
- Teaching of Mathematics
- Teaching of Languages
- Teaching of Sciences
- Teaching of Social Sciences
- The teaching of Physical Education & Yoga
- The teaching of Performing Arts
- The teaching of Fine Arts
CUET 2022 Mass Communication/ Mass Media Important Topics
- New Media
- Social Media
CUET 2022 Anthropology Important Topics
- Physical Anthropology
- Prehistoric Archaeology
- Material culture and economic anthropology
CUET 2022 Fine Arts/Commercial Arts/ Visual Arts (Sculpture/ Painting) Important Topics
- The Modern trends In Indian Art
- The Bengal School and Cultural Nationalism
- The Mughal and Deccan schools of miniature painting
- The Rajasthani and Pahari Schools of Miniature Painting
CUET 2022 Agriculture Important Topics
- Agrometeorology, Genetics and Plant Breeding, Biochemistry and Microbiology
- Crop Production
- Livestock Production
1. Name the languages included in the CUET 2022 language section.
The list of languages included in the CUET 2022 language section is as follows.
Section 1A of CUET 2022 offers Hindi, Tamil, English, Telugu, Punjabi, Kannada, Malayalam, Gujarati, Marathi, Odia, Assamese, Bengali, and Urdu as languages.
Section 1B includes French, German, Spanish, Nepali, Italian, Persian, Arabic, Sindhi, Konkani, Kashmiri, Bodo, Maithili, Dogri, Manipuri, Santhali, Tibetan, Russian, Japanese, and Chinese as languages.
2. Recommend some of the best supplement books for CUET 2022 Exam preparation.
A list of books that can help students prepare for the CUET 2022 exam is provided below. Students are also advised to create their revision notes based on their level of content understanding.
1. CUCET 2022 by Career Launcher
2. CUCET/CUET UI 2022 Guide by Disha Experts
3. CUCET Biology Book by Target Publications
4. CU-CET UI Guide by RPH Editorial Board
5. CUCET Mathematics Book by Target Publications
6. CUCET 2022 – 35 Practice Sets by Career Launcher
3. Suggest some preparation tips for the CUET 2022 Examination.
Students must follow these preparation tips:
1. NTA revised the CUET 2022 exam pattern; therefore, understanding the new pattern should be the priority for applicants during their preparation process.
2. Practising previous year’s question papers, mock tests, and practice papers will also help students understand the types of questions to expect and the topics with the most weightage. Solving these papers will give students a feel for the actual CUET 2022 Examination.
3. Time is the most significant factor for applicants attempting the CUET 2022 Examination. Practising questions will help students increase their speed and allow them to attempt the highest number of questions with comfort.
Students must refer to CUCET 2022 Preparation | AESL tips for better results.
4. How many sections are in the CUET 2022 question paper?
There will be four sections according to the updated CUET 2022 exam pattern. Sections 1A and 1B will cover languages, while Section 2 will cover domains. Section 3 will consist of a general aptitude test. Sections 1A and 1B consist of 13 and 20 languages, respectively. Section 2 contains 27 domain-specific topics.
5. How many total questions will there be in Section 3?
Section 3 of the CUET 2022 exam pattern includes the General test. There will be 75 questions, although applicants will only be expected to attempt 60 of the 75 questions. Numerical Ability, General Knowledge, General Mental Ability, Current Affairs, Quantitative Reasoning (Basic application based mathematical questions from geometry/ arithmetic/ algebra/ mensuration/s taught until Class 8), Logical and Analytical Reasoning are defined in this section. Refer to the CUCET Exam Pattern 2022 – Marking Scheme, Questions, Total Marks | AESL for detailed information.
NTA has announced the revised CUET 2022 exam pattern for 2022. The CUET 2022 exam pattern contains all the information about the exam’s structure, marking scheme, and important subject-wise topics list. According to the latest CUET 2022 exam pattern, the exam will be administered online as a computer-based test. The exam length varies depending on the course chosen by the student. Thus, before beginning CUET 2022 preparation, students must thoroughly review the most recent exam pattern and important topics to simplify their preparation and help them achieve high grades!
Leave a Reply