The CUET Exam is an entrance test conducted to analyse the students’ capability to get admission to 45 well-reputed Central Universities in India.
CUET Application form has been issued in the first week of April 2022 and is extended till the last week of May 2022. Students are advised to refer to the CUET Application Form. The students are suggested to start CUET Preparation from class 12. Otherwise, they will not get much time for preparation after completing their board exam. The CUET 2022 Syllabus is not as difficult as JEE Mains 2022 and can be cracked if the students have the potential, willpower and the basic science concepts are clear. Interested students can refer to the CUET syllabus for more details. There is nothing to get nervous about as the syllabus is not very difficult to grasp.
CUET Colleges List 2022: Here’s a Glimpse of All Participating Universities
Are you one of those students looking forward to preparing for the CUET NTA 2022 Exam? You are recommended to Find Aakash Coaching Institute Near You if you are determined to score well in the CUET NTA 2022 Exam.
What is the CUET exam? Why is it important for Class 12 students?
Since the last few years, it has been observed that the cut-offs for getting admission to well-recognized central universities are very high. Due to the high cut-offs, many students cannot get admission to well-reputed universities, including Delhi University, to study UG Courses. According to research, it has been revealed that CBSE, ICSE, and WEST BENGAL Board follow different evaluation patterns.
As a result, all the students do not get equal opportunities to apply to these universities, as some have lower marks. A common entrance examination called CUET Exam has been decided to be conducted to overcome this problem. The National Testing Agency will prepare a common merit list after CUET 2022 results are out, and on this basis, students will get admission.
The main objective of this entrance exam is to create a platform providing equal opportunities to all the students across India irrespective of their class 12 board exam marks, religion, and gender. The students from the rural areas also will get opportunities to apply to central universities if they qualify for the entrance test. Students belonging to the general category must secure at least 50% in the class 12 board examination to fill the application. Refer to CUET Eligibility Criteria for more crucial details.
Watch our video on How to Prepare for CUET (UG) 2022? | Aakash BYJU’S
CUET Preparation 2022: 23 Clever Tips To Ace CUCET Entrance Test
The CUET exam is very important as it helps science students to enhance their career growth. Some points that highlight the importance of the CUET Exam are mentioned below.
- Equal and fair opportunities for every student- Students in the modern era dream about getting admission to well-reputed universities to pursue their desired courses. However, very few students succeed in studying in their preferred colleges out of a large number of students. Due to low marks secured in Class 12 boards, students do not get equal opportunity to choose their preferred university and degree course. They get demotivated due to the high priority on Class 12 board examination marks.
- The Ministry of Education has recently introduced the CUCET Entrance Exam to motivate the students. This type of entrance exam provides fair chances for all the students to perform well in the exam and then get admitted to the best universities. However, this does not mean that no weightage will be given to Class 12 Exams. The Ministry of Education has decided to give 50 % weightage to the Class 12 board examination and the rest to the CUET result.
- Subjective bias can be eliminated through CUCET Examination- A candidate who has secured low marks in some of the subjects in class 12 like Physics and Chemistry but still wants to study Physics or Chemistry honours faces many difficulties getting admission in reputed universities. So far, the Class 12 marks served as the only criteria for admission. Students with low marks have been denied admission to certain degree courses. Because of this reason, CUET Exams will be introduced in 2022 to combat subjective bias.
- The CUCET Exam aims to reduce subjective bias and protect the students’ interests. The CUCET entrance exam provides a second opportunity to the Class 12 students to prove themselves by qualifying for the entrance exam. The student can give the exam and secure good marks if the student has the desired potential. This will help the students pursue higher degree courses of their choice even if they have secured lower marks in the board examination.
- Clarity about ranks and position of the students- The exams conducted in the previous years did not reveal the ranks of the students. Major central universities like Delhi University and Jawaharlal Nehru University did not publish the rank of the students as admission to undergraduate courses was done based on class 12 board exam marks. Because of this, students were unaware of their ranks, which led to a lot of confusion and chaos. The students frequently shifted from one college to another as they did not know their exact rank from before.
- To combat the problem of unequal opportunities due to poor marks the CUCET Entrance Exam has been introduced. The CUCET Entrance exam will help the Class 12 students acquire proper knowledge about their ranks and eligibility for a certain degree course.
- The cut-off battle ends finally- The cut-off marks for admission in well-reputed universities are very high, resulting in students getting nervous. The marking system is different for CBSE students and ICSE students, resulting in their cut-offs being also different. Meeting the cut-off marks sometimes becomes difficult due to which their applications are rejected. However, in 2022 the cut-off criteria will be successfully replaced by the CUCET Exam score.
- The merit list for admission is based on Class 12 board exam marks and CUCET scores. This provides an immense opportunity for the students to prove themselves even if they have not scored well in Class 12.
- The same selection procedure to be followed- The well-recognized universities had their own rules and criteria for admission to undergraduate courses till the beginning of 2022. They did not follow any common selection procedure. As a result, it can be said that the selection procedures were biassed.
The individual criteria and processes followed by the Universities for taking admission for UG courses may or may not have been completely fair and bias-free. Because of this reason, universities with high cut-offs have gained importance, and those with low cut-offs have not gained much prominence. Thus the CUCET Entrance Exam has been introduced so that all the universities gain equal prominence and do not follow any individual criteria for admission. Students will get a wide range of choices if they qualify CUCET Entrance Examination.
CUCET Entrance Exam was introduced in 2022 to provide a second opportunity for students who have low marks in Class 12 students to prove themselves. The importance of qualifying for the CUCET Exam for a student has been discussed in depth in the above section. It is not easy for the students to prepare independently as they do not have enough knowledge and experience. Therefore they are suggested to join Aakash Coaching Institute, where they will be provided with the relevant study material and guidelines to crack the exam. The Aakash Coaching Centre will provide study materials where certain crucial concepts will be mentioned. These will help the students qualify for the CUCET NTA 2022 Exam. Students are advised to refer to NCERT Solutions for Class 11, NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Maths, NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics, and NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry for finding solved examples and relevant theories.
CUET Colleges and List of Participating Universities 2022 accepting the Entrance test score
What is the reason behind conducting the CUCET Exam?
CUCET Exam is conducted to provide equal opportunities to all the students to prove themselves by getting admission into their preferred colleges after class 12. The Education Minister has made it compulsory to conduct the CUCET Entrance test to reduce the weightage of class 12 examination marks. Because of this type of entrance exam, universities are forced to unfollow their process and criteria for admission. As a result, bias is reduced to a certain extent, and all the Universities follow a common process. Equal weightage is given to Class 12 board examination marks and the CUCET Score achieved for preparing the merit list.
Is cracking the CUCET Exam difficult?
CUCET Exams are not very difficult to crack. The questions are mainly multiple-choice based, and the students can easily qualify for the exam if the basic science concepts are clear. The questions' difficulty level is considered moderate, and the students do not have to study for long hours or drop out after class 12 to prepare for the CUCET Exam. To crack the CUCET Exam, the student needs to form a proper study timetable or plan and see that there is no deviation from the plan. The student does not have to be very brilliant. Hard work and determination are sufficient to crack the exam.
When should the student start preparing for the CUCET Exam?
The students should start preparing for the CUCET Exam from Class 12 itself. They can prepare a comprehensive timetable. The timetable should be constructed so that the students get sufficient time to prepare for their upcoming board exams and competitive exams like CUCET. The syllabus of the CUCET Exam is, to a certain extent, identical to the Class 12 curriculum, so the students do not need to study a lot of extra things to qualify for the exam.
How is the CUCET Exam beneficial for the students?
Qualifying for the CUCET Exam is crucial for students who have completed their Class 12 board exams with average or low marks. This type of entrance exam offers a platform for the students to show their talent and hidden potential. Students who have got low marks in Class 12 board exams generally become demoralised as, like their friends, they cannot get admission to well-reputed universities due to the high cut-offs. CUCET Entrance exam encourages students by providing them a chance to get admission to their preferred universities by qualifying the entrance test.
What are the steps and tricks to crack the CUCET Exam?
Students should first analyse the CUCET Syllabus properly and then divide it into separate sections. A study timetable is advised to be prepared and followed regularly. The study timetable will help the students keep track of the time required to complete each topic or section. If the students follow a proper schedule or timetable, then the student will never become casual or lazy. Following a timetable will help the student remain active and compete with others. Moreover, aspiring students are suggested to appear for mock tests to evaluate their position regularly. Self-evaluation will help the students in boosting their determination and willpower.
Can you suggest the subjects that need to be focussed upon to clear the CUCET exam?
Students need to possess good knowledge about science subjects like Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology. Good knowledge of these subjects will help students easily understand the content and pass the exam with good marks. Along with these subjects, students should also be aware of topics covered in English grammar classes, reasoning, and data interpretation problems. Moreover, the students are advised to increase their general knowledge by reading newspapers regularly and listening to radio programs. The students can also install GK Apps on their mobiles to enhance their knowledge.
Leave a Reply