CBSE Class 9th Syllabus (2022-23): The Central Board of Secondary Education has issued the revised syllabus for Class 9. There are some changes in the revised CBSE syllabus in comparison to the previous years. There is no term-wise system of examination this year and CBSE has once again started following the one-time exam scheme. Students would now be required to prepare the whole syllabus for the annual examinations. Besides this, another major change that can be noticed this year is the content of the syllabus. The board has rationalised the syllabus of almost all subjects and has dropped some chapters/topics to reduce the burden on students. Students can visit the official website to check the complete syllabus for Class 9.
Why is it Important to Know the Class 9 CBSE Syllabus in Detail?
The first step of preparing for CBSE exams is to know the complete exam syllabus. As to why it is important, let’s have a look:
- It contains all the necessary information that one needs to know
- It gives you a rough draft of the topics and their weightage in the exam
- It explains the detailed course structure
- It gives you an account of the related study material and information about the exam
- It outlines your success in the exam
CBSE Class 9 Mathematics Syllabus for 2022-23
Given below is the detailed Class 9 Maths syllabus unit wise marks distribution:
|Statistics & Probability||06|
CBSE Class 9 Science Syllabus for 2022-23
Given below is the detailed CBSE class 9 science syllabus unit wise marks distribution:
|Matter – Its Nature & Behaviour||25|
|Organization in the Living World||22|
|Motion, Force and Work||27|
|Food; Food Production||06|
CBSE Class 9 Social Science Syllabus for 2022-23
Given below is the detailed CBSE class 9 Social science syllabus unit wise marks distribution:
|India and the Contemporary World – I||20|
|Contemporary India – I||20|
|Democratic Politics – I||20|
Benefits of CBSE Class 9 Syllabus
- It includes all the important information related to the particular subject. It gives an outline of the course structure.
- It works as a guide for the students as well as for the teachers.
- The syllabus also provides information about the assignments, projects, and practices that need to be covered for the respective academic year.
- CBSE Board Class 9 syllabus will help students to know the topics and sub-topics for that particular academic year.
- Studying according to the Class 9 syllabus will help the students to be confident while writing the final exam.
Some key points that can help you with your Class 9 exams are as follows:
- Be thorough with the NCERT Syllabus.
- Maintain legible handwriting on the answer sheet.
- Revise notes and all important topics repeatedly.
- Solve Class 9 Previous Year Question Papers for problem-solving skills
- Study the NCERT Solutions for a better understanding.
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 CBSE Syllabus
- NCERT Class 9 Solutions
- NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Maths
- NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science
- NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English
- NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Social Science
- NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Hindi
How to Download CBSE 9th Exam Syllabus 2023 from the Official Website?
- Visit the official website – cbseresults.nic.in
- Click on the CBSE 9th Blueprint 2023 list
- Enter the relevant information such as the exam syllabus, and then click the submit button
- The CBSE 9th Syllabus 2023 will begin to download and display on the screen
- Take a print of the CBSE 9th Syllabus for future reference
Frequently Asked Questions about CBSE Class 9 Syllabus
1. What is the new pattern of CBSE for Class 9 2022?
CBSE's new syllabus for the session 2022-2023 has been released for class 9. The board will not follow a term-wise pattern, instead, it will conduct a single exam.
2. Is there any change in the syllabus of Class 9 CBSE?
CBSE has reduced the syllabus for Class 9 for the current academic year. The revised CBSE class 9 syllabus 2023 PDF was released online mode at the official website cbseacademic.nic.in. Students can check and download the syllabus and start preparing for the CBSE exam.
3. Is Class 9 Maths tough?
Class 9 Maths is not difficult if students practise it regularly. Students should understand the basic concepts so that they can also understand the concepts of Class 10 & above maths later. Students need to work hard & with complete dedication to getting good marks in Class 9 maths.
4. From where can I check CBSE 9th Class Syllabus?
To get the detailed revised syllabus for CBSE class 9th syllabus from the official CBSE website https://www.cbse.gov.in/ as well as the above blog.
5. What is the importance of the CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 2022-2023?
Being thorough with the Syllabus is important not only for the board exams but also for practical exams.
Following are some of the benefits of studying the Class 9 syllabus:
Students can make a proper study plan
The syllabus gives an idea of exam pattern, weightage, distribution of marks
Students can get an overview of topics and subtopics within the curriculum
It helps in gaining confidence, and also makes it easy to follow up with the classes.
Students can make a mindmap of the syllabus for better navigation through the revised syllabus