About CBSE Class 10th
After the Class 10 Term-1 results were declared many students were really disappointed. Students were unhappy with the lower than expected marks and this had made the stakeholders ask the schools to lower Class 10 Term-1 weightage. As per the current Class 10 Result calculation pattern decided by CBSE, both Term 1 and Term 2 exams hold 50% weightage each.
When we conducted a survey on a group of 50 students, we found out that most of the students were in favor of a 30:70 weightage of Term-1 and Term-2 respectively. Students also stated that the biggest challenge in the Term-1 exams was the language papers, where MCQs were even tougher than a subject like Maths.
Unhappy with their scores, students had even taken to social media soliciting CBSE to lower the weightage of the Term 1 test papers. The notification claims that for the final results, 30% of weightage will be from term 1 exams and the remaining 70% will be from term 2 exams. However, the board has denied it.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has issued a warning about a fake notification being circulated on Twitter regarding weightage to term 1 and term 2 board exams in the final results. The notification claims that for the final results, 30% of weightage will be from term 1 exams and the remaining 70% will be from term 2 exams. However, the board has denied it.
The fake notification also claims that the weightage of internal assessments will remain unchanged and students who could not appear for term 1 exams due to COVID-19 or participation in Olympiads will be assessed on the basis of their performance in term 2 exams.
CBSE Term 2 Exam Dates Announced: CBSE Class 10 & 12 term 2 exams to begin from 26th April
CBSE Class 10 Term 2 exams 2022 – Study Plan & Preparation Strategy
How to prepare for CBSE Class 10th Term 2 Board Exams? – 6 Best tips to follow
FAQs about CBSE Class 10th
1. Is Term 2 weightage more?
The CBSE Board has given 30% weightage to CBSE 12th term 1 exam and 70% to term 2. Recommended: Check the top 100 careers after class 12th. Download Free! Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the CBSE Board had conducted the CBSE Class 12 board exams in two terms.
2. Is CBSE doing 30-70?
While 30 percent weightage has been given to term 1 CBSE results, 70 percent has been given to term 2 exams. For practical, equal weightage has been allotted to both the terms while preparing the CBSE 10th, and 12th results 2022.
3. Does Term 1 has less weightage?
It was decided to accept the recommendations of the committee and the weightage of Term I was fixed at 30 percent and Term II at 70 percent for theory papers. However, for practical (exam), equal weightage was decided to be given for both terms for preparing final results for Class X and XII,” said the press release.
4. How do you calculate 30/70 weightage?
30×Marks obtained / total marks. Then apply the same thing in term 2, just replace 30 with 70 to get 70 percent.
5. How is CBSE result calculated?
To determine the percentage, add all of the marks earned in all subjects and divide the total number of subjects (5) by 100. (or total marks of 5 subjects). Divide this value by 100 to get your CBSE percentage marks. Assume you get 50 in English, 50 in Maths, 70 in Physics, 80 in Chemistry, and 50 in Biology.
Leave a Reply