CBSE Class 8th Syllabus (2022-23): The Central Board of Secondary Education has issued the revised syllabus for Class 8. There have been many changes in the revised CBSE syllabus in comparison to the previous years. There is no term-wise exam system this year and CBSE has once again started following the one-time exam scheme. Students would now be required to prepare the whole syllabus for the annual examinations. The board has revised the complete syllabus and has deleted some topics to reduce the burden on students. Students can now visit the official website and download the detailed syllabus for Class 8.
Why is it Important to Know the Class 8 CBSE Syllabus for all Subjects in Detail?
The first and foremost step while preparing for CBSE exams is to be familiar with the exam syllabus. Read further to know the importance of this syllabus:
- The syllabus contains all the necessary information that one needs to know
- It gives you a rough idea about the chapters/ topics and their weightage in the exam
- It explains the detailed course structure
- It gives you an account of the related study material and information about the exam
- It outlines your success in the exam
CBSE Class 8 Mathematics Syllabus for 2022-23
Here is the list of important mathematics topics:
|2.||Linear Equations in One Variable|
|6.||Squares and Square Roots|
|7.||Cubes and Cube Roots|
|9.||Algebraic Expressions and Identities|
|10.||Visualizing Solid Shapes|
|12.||Exponents and Powers|
|13.||Direct and Inverse Proportions|
|15.||Introduction to Graphs|
|16.||Playing with Numbers|
CBSE Class 8 Science Syllabus for 2022-23
Here are the important Class 8 Science Chapter Names:
|1.||Crop Production and Management|
|2.||Microorganisms: Friend and Foe|
|3.||Synthetic Fibre and Plastics|
|4.||Materials: Metals and Non-Metals|
|5.||Coal and Petroleum|
|6.||Combustion and Flame|
|7.||Conservation of Plants and Animals|
|8.||Cell – Structure and Functions|
|9.||Reproduction in Animals|
|10.||Reaching the Age of Adolescence|
|11.||Force and Pressure|
|14.||Chemical Effects of Electric Current|
|15.||Some Natural Phenomena|
|17.||Stars and the Solar System|
|18.||Pollution of Air and Water|
CBSE Class 8 Social Science Syllabus for 2022-23
The CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 Social Science is based on the following themes. Students can find the complete details of these topics by going through the detailed CBSE Syllabus PDF available on the website.
CBSE Class 8 History Syllabus
|1.||Where, When, How|
|2.||The Establishment of Company Power|
|3.||Rural Life and Society|
|4.||Colonialism and Tribal Societies|
|5.||Crafts and Industries|
|6.||The Revolt of 1857-58|
|7.||Education and British Rule|
|8.||Women and Reform|
|9.||Challenging the Caste System|
|10.||Colonialism and Urban Change|
|11.||Changes in the Arts: Painting, Literature, architecture|
|12.||The Nationalist Movement|
|13.||India after Independence|
CBSE Class 8 Social and Political Life Syllabus
|Unit 1||The Constitution|
|Unit 2||Parliamentary Government|
|Unit 3||The Judiciary|
|Unit 4||Social Justice and the Marginalised|
|Unit 5||Economic Presence of the Government|
CBSE Class 8 Geography Syllabus
Importance of CBSE Class 8 Syllabus
- The detailed syllabus contains all the important information related to the particular subject and provides an outline of the course structure.
- It works as a guide for the students as well as for the teachers.
- The syllabus also provides information about the assignments, projects, and practices that need to be covered for the respective academic year.
- CBSE Board Class 8 syllabus will help students to know the topics and sub-topics for that particular academic year.
- Studying according to the Class 8 syllabus will help the students to be confident while writing the final exam.
Some key points that can help you with your Class 8 exams are as follows:
- Be thorough with the CBSE Syllabus.
- Write the answers in neat and clean handwriting making it easy for the invigilator to check.
- Revise notes and all important topics regularly.
- Solve Class 8 Previous Year Question Papers for problem-solving skills
- Study the NCERT Solutions for a better understanding.
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 CBSE Syllabus
- NCERT Solutions for Class 8
- NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths
- NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science
- NCERT Solutions for Class 8 English
- NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Social Science
- NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Hindi
How to Download CBSE 8th Exam Syllabus 2023 from the Official Website?
- Visit the official website – cbseresults.nic.in
- Click on the CBSE 8th Blueprint 2023 list
- Enter the relevant information such as the exam syllabus, and then click the submit button
- The CBSE 8th Syllabus 2023 will begin to download and display on the screen
- Take a print of the CBSE 9th Syllabus for future reference
Leave a Reply