The CBSE Term 1 exam has already taken place, and Term 2 exams have started today. As you may be aware, the requirements for board examinations have changed, and CBSE will now conduct term-by-term tests in which the syllabus will be divided 50-50 for each term. However, the good news is that the final examination scores will be determined by adding the results of each term.
The Term 2 examinations have started today, i.e. on 26 April 2022. The examination will be 2 hours long and will consist of open-ended, situation-based, and case-based questions.
Ensure you’re well prepared for the class 10 board exam by finding an Aakash coaching centre near you!
|Table of Contents|
|CBSE Class 10 Term 2 English Board Exam Tips|
|CBSE Class 10 English Prescribed Books|
|CBSE Class 10 English Reference Books|
|CBSE Class 10 English Marking Scheme|
|How to prepare for CBSE 10th English Exam?|
|Frequently Asked Questions About CBSE 12th Grade Term 2 Examination|
CBSE Class 10 Term 2 English Board Exam Tips
The CBSE Class 10 Term 2 board exams are rapidly approaching, and pupils are anxiously studying to excel in their examinations. According to the official schedule, the CBSE Class 10 term 2 English board test is planned for April 27, 2022. As a result, it is critical to take a well-considered and balanced approach to Board exam preparation to improve marks.
Here’s a brief rundown of feasible and beneficial strategies to strategically prepare for the forthcoming CBSE Class 10 Board exams.
Students’ writing speed and attention span have both been affected by COVID-19. There is a lot of writing practice that has to be done. Students must keep track of their time for each question and try to finish the question paper fifteen minutes ahead of schedule.
Good handwriting aids in the comprehension of communicated thoughts. Work should be tidy, with lines left between paragraphs and keywords underlined. The answers should be in the same order as the questions to keep the examiner’s flow and attention. Reading time should be well utilised. It is necessary to analyse the paper before attempting it critically.
Specific Tips About Each Section:
SECTION A – READING
- Read the questions and make a note of the essential terms. While reading the paragraph, look for the same terms. Locate answers and elaborate on them using keywords.
Previous Years’ Papers
- Unseen passages from past years’ question papers should be solved and practised.
Identify your assets
- To solve a passage, the conservative way is to read the paragraph first, then proceed to the questions and answer them. However, this strategy does not sit well with certain kids. They are unsure which terms to keep in mind as they go through the understanding.
- Solution: You can go with a “bottom-up” strategy. Read the questions first to know what to look for in the comprehension section.
SECTION B – WRITING AND GRAMMAR
- Formats – Long letters or articles are present in the writing section. While writing portions can be stressful due to a shortage of time and the fact that there are other questions to be addressed, they are scoring. The format is the most critical aspect of every letter, article, mail, or even notice you write. Yes, the difference in structure between a formal and casual letter is little, but it is still significant in achieving the grades you want.
- Simple yet useful vocabulary includes colloquial terms, popular quotations, etc.
- Keep an eye out for grammatical mistakes.
- When speaking with friends, instructors, and others regularly, use proper language.
- Recheck what you’ve written.
SECTION C – LITERATURE
- Allow ample time to read, comprehend, and, most importantly, reflect on each story or poem’s meaning. Knowing the tale or the characters isn’t enough to get good grades. It is necessary to conduct a thorough analysis of the chapter.
- The never-ending confusion between character names is one of the students’ most common concerns when studying for an English exam. To better comprehend the characters, you must first grasp the plot and the part that each character performs in it. If you must, write down names and try to correlate the story with the characters.
- Open-ended questions must be well practised.
- The word limit must be followed. One of the most typical issues that every student has while writing an English paper is a lack of time to complete answers in accordance with the question paper design. To avoid this, answer the long answer questions first so that you may be relaxed as you progress through the paper’s creative writing portions.
- Instead of jumping right into writing the response, the question’s need should be comprehended.
- Avoid repeating thoughts and ideas while writing answers.
Students must remember that the following suggestions will only be effective if the mind is kept calm and focused. To avoid anxiety, enough time should be spent in preparation. Pupils must understand both their strengths and shortcomings in the topic.
CBSE Class 10 English Prescribed Books
CBSE recommends the NCERT Books. It will help if you study these books first to understand the principles and then additional CBSE class 10 English reference books. CBSE recommended the following NCERT books:
- First Flight – Text for Class X
- Footprints Without Feet – Supplementary Reader for Class X
- Words and Expressions – 2
CBSE Class 10 English Reference Books
There are several CBSE 10th class English reference books accessible, however we’ve compiled a selection of the finest below. These are the books that experts and toppers recommend.
|English Language and Literature||Together With|
|All In One English Language & Literature CBSE class 10||Arihant|
|Xam Idea Complete Course English for CBSE Class 10||VK Global|
|High School English Grammar and Composition Book||Wren and Martin|
The first and most important stage in test preparation is to select the ideal book. So, when selecting the finest reference books for CBSE class 10 English, keep the following aspects in mind:
- The book you purchase should correspond to the CBSE class 10 syllabus 2022. Because all of the questions come from the syllabus.
- The key reason for getting the greatest reference books for CBSE class 10 English is simple to grasp. As a result, ensure that the book’s language includes appropriate examples and challenges to help readers comprehend the topics.
- The best books define topics clearly and straightforwardly.
CBSE Class 10 English Marking Scheme
The marking structure for English is shown in the table below based on the CBSE 10th Exam pattern. In terms 1 and 2, the same marking method is used. Candidates can review the information and begin studying for the exam.
|Section||Weightage (in Marks)|
|Writing and Grammar||10|
How to prepare for CBSE 10th English Exam?
- To better understand the ideas, go over the curriculum and study the NCERT Class 10 English books.
- Choose the best reference books for CBSE class 10 English after finishing the NCERT book and begin reading them to learn more about the themes.
- Solve previous year’s CBSE 10th question papers to understand better the sorts and quantity of questions that will be asked in the test.
- Make a list of key topics/chapters and read them to review the full syllabus quickly. After that, complete CBSE English sample papers for Class 10 students.
Brush up on your CBSE Class 10 important concepts before your board examination!
English is widely regarded as an essential subject that students must master. If you want to stand out from the crowd, you must be able to communicate effectively in English. Students in CBSE Class 10 often overlook grammar, but they must remember that it is the most scoring portion of the board exam. These tips and tricks, along with hard effort and determination, will certainly result in good scores in the CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Board Exams. The majority of the CBSE Board Exams questions are taken directly or indirectly from the NCERT textbooks. As a result, students must use the NCERT Class 10 Solutions. These solutions will assist students in resolving their problems and ensuring that they pass their exams with flying colours!
1. Is it important to solve CBSE Class 10 English sample papers?
Sample papers help students learn how the questions in the CBSE term 2 examinations will be arranged. The board gives subject-by-subject sample papers and grading methodologies for CBSE Class 10. Students will acquire knowledge of the paper’s layout, type, and amount of time. This helps them prepare enough and practise the right kind of test questions so they may comfortably write their board exam. Check out the marking system so the right framework in which objective type replies must be provided in the written test,
2. Is NCERT adequate for CBSE Class 10 English Exam preparation?
Yes! In the CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Board Exams, many questions will be based on NCERT textbooks and their subjects. So don’t worry! NCERT textbooks and NCERT solutions are all you need. Download Free PDFs of NCERT Solutions for Class 10 – All Subjects. On the other hand, reference books may be quite useful in aiding students in understanding subjects.
3. How should you prepare for critical questions or revise them before the exam?
There will be subjective questions worth 2, 3, and 4 marks in the CBSE Class 10th Term 2 Exam, so reading and understanding chapters will only be effective if you practise numerous questions. Students should practise writing correct and concise replies to score high on these exams. Practising the important concepts for each topic is critical in the period before the examination.
4. How can I score more than 90% in CBSE Class 10 Term 2 English Exams?
Students must do the following to do well in the CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Exams:
- Efficiently manage their time.
- Completely understand the themes included in the NCERT textbook.
- Solve as many old question papers as possible and the most recent CBSE sample papers and mock examinations.
- Get at least eight hours of sleep to improve their memory.
- On the night before the exam and the day of the exam, do not study any new material.
5. How can I see my CBSE Term 2 English exam results in 2022?
- To verify your test results, go to cbse.gov.in, the CBSE’s official website.
- Click the CBSE Quarter 2 Results 2022 link on the home page.
- Complete the login form and press the “Submit” button.
- Your result will be displayed on the screen.
- Review the results and save the page.
- Keep a hard copy of the document in case you need it later.
6. Are there any external examinations a student can take to develop English language skills?
One of the examinations to develop vocabulary abilities is the English Olympiad exam. This exam is open to students in grades one through ten. The English Olympiad Syllabus follows the CBSE, ICSE, and State boards’ guidelines. The questions in the study materials give a wide range of questions for students to solve along with developing their command of the language.