The CBSE class 10th exam is an important exam for any student. It is the turning point for a student’s career. Preparation for the class 10th exam is of sheer importance to ensure a great career ahead. The preparation for the exam involves many factors. Students should put in all their efforts for scoring well in this exam.
While studying the entire syllabus has tremendous benefits, assessing your preparation is also equally important. One of the ways to do this is by solving the sample question papers for the exam. The CBSE has released sample question papers a few weeks before the actual CBSE class 10th exam every year. Solving these question papers is beneficial for doing well in the actual exam. When it comes to solving these papers for Mathematics, the advantages are manifold.
What is Sample Question Papers
Students are expected to study the entire CBSE class 10 syllabus when preparing for the CBSE board exams. While learning the whole syllabus is necessary, assessing one’s knowledge is also important. To evaluate their progress, students can solve the sample question papers. Sample question papers are the question papers released by CBSE a few weeks before the exams.
Sample question papers are the papers set by experienced faculty similar to the question papers expected in the actual board exam. These papers are designed keeping in mind the current syllabus and pattern of the exam.
CBSE Class 10 Maths Sample Paper Format
|No. of questions
|No. of Sections
|3 Sections (A, B, C)
Section A comprises of 6 questions of 2 marks each
Section B comprises of 4 questions of 3 marks each
Section C comprises of 4 questions of 4 marks each (an internal choice is provided in one question)
Importance of solving the CBSE sample question papers for class 10th Maths Term 2
When students are done studying the entire syllabus, they must assess their knowledge. Solving sample question papers is one of the best ways to do this. Along with just assessment, solving sample question papers serves many other purposes, which are listed below:
- Knowing the pattern of possible questions: Sample question papers are set by experienced faculty from the CBSE, keeping in mind the current pattern and syllabus of subjects. Especially when the subject is Maths, knowing the pattern of possible questions is necessary for the students. When the students know the question pattern, they can be ready to tackle tough questions in the actual exam.
- Awareness of weak and strong points: When students solve sample question papers, they come to know the topics they have well prepared for and the topics they still need to work on.
- Students can then work on the topics that they are weak at. Also, they can rectify the mistakes they make while solving the sample question papers. This will lead to minimal mistakes in the actual exam.
- Gives an idea of the marking scheme: The sample question papers come with the current marking scheme from CBSE. The marking scheme will help students prioritise the topics to be worked on. It is always better to focus on topics that carry higher marks. Also, one can get to know what type of questions carry more marks.
- Improve time management skills: Maths exams can be tough for many students. One of the reasons for this is a lack of time management while solving the exam paper. When students practice the CBSE sample question papers for class 10 Maths term two exams within the stipulated time, they improve their time management skills. It will surely help the students solve their actual exams within the allowed time.
- Boosts confidence: Practising sample question papers and assessing their progress every time will make students confident about their knowledge. A confidence boost will relax students and make them have a positive approach to the exam.
How and where to find the CBSE class 10 Maths term 2 sample papers
Practising sample question papers has a wide range of benefits, as discussed. Sample question papers are a copy of the actual exam question papers concerning the pattern and syllabus of the exam.
The CBSE released sample question papers before the exams. Students should always solve the current sample papers to ensure the paper pattern. Students can find the CBSE class 10th Maths term 2 sample papers online. They can download these papers by signing up here. They can also buy these question papers from a good local bookstore.
Solving previous years’ question papers also has similar benefits to solving sample question papers. It also gives an idea of the frequently repeated questions.
Also See: CBSE Class 10 Maths Preparation Tips
How to solve Maths sample question papers
Sample question papers are a copy of the actual exam. Students should solve these papers with the same attitude they appear for their exams.
Students should make sure they have studied the entire syllabus. They should have learned all the important concepts of Maths. It will make them well prepared for the exam. In addition to this, it is advisable to study the NCERT solutions for Maths.
When students feel that they have revised all the topics for the exam and are ready to take the exam, they should start solving the sample question papers. Students must be confident about their learning and not be confused.
Ensure that you sit in a peaceful place to solve these sample papers. Have a proper table chair arrangement to take the test. There should not be any distractions around. Have a proper meal before starting as you would before appearing for your actual exam.
Set a stopwatch for the stipulated time or take the help of your family to keep a watch on the time of the test. Make sure you solve the paper within the set time.
Keep yourself composed and solve the questions that you are confident about first. The answer sheet must be neat and clean. Keep the rough work visible in a box on the right side of your answer sheet. Solve the questions in steps.
Even if you can’t solve the entire problem, solve whatever steps you can. This will earn you marks. Something is always better than nothing.
Preparing for the CBSE class 10th exam for Maths is tough to crack if not done with a good strategy. One of the main aspects that should be considered to ace the preparation is solving sample question papers.
Solving sample question papers for Maths is what can help you come across your weak and strong points. With continuous solving of these papers, students can assess their progress. They can rectify their mistakes and avoid them in the actual exam.
Students can download these sample question papers online or buy them from a good local bookstore. Students must practice these papers seriously to boost their confidence.