The CBSE Class 12th datesheet for Term 2 exams are out. Board exams are quickly approaching, so are you prepared for your finals? The CBSE class 12 Physics board exam will most likely be held first. During this time of year, students are primarily concerned with finishing up last-minute revisions and making the most of their study time. So brushing up on skills is essential. Are you familiar with the key topics frequently asked in previous years’ Physics class 12 board examinations? If not, don’t worry!
Check out these crucial topics and derivations covered in the CBSE class 12 Physics board exam in 2022. These important revision topics and simple tips will help students prepare for the exams smartly. Even if students have skipped a few chapters for last-minute preparations or revisions, these simple tips and tricks will help students get through them more quickly.
|TABLE OF CONTENTS|
|CBSE Class 12 Physics Important Topics Chapter Wise|
|Tips for Scoring in the CBSE Class 12 Physics Board Exam|
|General Tips for Class 12 Physics Final Exam Preparation|
|Frequently Asked Questions on Important Topics, and Tips for Class 12 Physics Preparation|
Is Physics A Scoring Subject? How To Prepare For It?
Physics is an exciting and interesting subject to study. It is due to its practical usefulness in real-world situations. Although students may pinpoint the theoretical and numerical sections more elaborative and time-consuming to study, they will enjoy learning physics once they understand the principles.
So, what are the important topics that need to be covered in the CBSE class 12 Physics syllabus?
CBSE Class 12 Physics Important Topics Chapter Wise
The following are the comprehensive details about important derivations and topics that may be asked in the CBSE Class 12 Physics board exam 2022. But before moving toward the important topics, let’s check the unit-wise marks distribution for better clarity.
UNIT 1: Electrostatics
This unit is divided into two chapters. Electric Charges and Fields and Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance. These chapters’ key topics and derivations are listed below:
Chapter 1 – Electronic Charges and Field
- Coulomb’s Law of Vector
- Forces between multiple charges electric field due to system of charges
- Electric dipole in the external electric field
- Electric dipole’s electric field on the axial and equatorial point
- Gauss’s law of applications
- Equipotential surfaces
- Potential due to electric dipole and system of charges
- Electric potential energy due to electric dipole and system of charges
- Effect of dielectric on capacitors
- Energy stored in capacitors
- Combinations of capacitors
UNIT 2: Electricity in Use
This unit contains only one chapter, Current Electricity. Important concepts and derivations from this chapter that is likely to be tested in the CBSE Class 12 Physics board exam 2022 are listed below:
Chapter 3: Current Electricity
- Ohm’s Law
- Limitations of ohm’s law
- Combination of resistors
- Combination of cells
- The resistivity of different materials
- Meter bridge
- Kirchhoff’s law (Definitions and Numericals)
- Potentiometer (Numericals are expected in 2022 board exams)
This unit of the CBSE Class 12 Physics NCERT textbook involves two chapters. These chapters are titled Moving Charges and Magnetism and Magnetism and Matter. These chapters’ key topics and derivations are listed below:
Also See: Physics Preparation Tips
Chapter 4: Moving Charges and Magnetism
- Motion in a magnetic field
- Magnetic force on current-carrying wire (Theory and Derivation)
- Magnetic-field on the axis of the circular current-carrying loop
- Cyclotron (Diagram, Theory and Derivation)
- Velocity selector
- The force between two parallel current-carrying wires
- Ampere’s circuital law
- Torque on current-carrying loop in a magnetic field
- Moving coil galvanometer
Chapter 5: Magnetism and Matter
- Electric dipole in a uniform magnetic field
- The axial magnetic field of a bar magnet as solenoid
- Hysteresis Loop
- Diamagnetic, Paramagnetic, Ferromagnetic Substances
UNIT 4 Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
This unit of the CBSE Class 12 Physics Syllabus includes 2 chapters. Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current are the titles of these chapters. These chapters’ key topics and derivations are listed below:
Chapter 6: Electromagnetic Induction
- Lens law
- Magnetic flux
- Motional EMF
- Faraday’s law of induction
- Self-inductance and mutual inductance
Chapter 7: Alternating Current
- RC, LC, LR and LCR Circuits (Numericals and Derivation)
- LC oscillations (Numericals and Derivation)
- Power factor
- Resonance and Sharpness
UNIT 5: Electromagnetic waves
This unit contains only one chapter, Electromagnetic waves. This chapter’s key topics and derivations are listed below:
Chapter 8 – Electromagnetic Waves
- EM waves
- Displacement Current
- Nature of em waves
UNIT 6: Optics
This unit is divided into two chapters. This chapter is titled Ray Optics and Optical Instruments & Wave Optics. These are some of the most important topics covered in this chapter:
Chapter 9 – Ray Optics and Optical Instruments
- Image formation by spherical mirrors
- Image formation by spherical lenses
- Power and combination of lenses
- Total internal reflection
- Natural phenomenon due to light (Definition and Numericals)
- Refraction through a Prism (Ray diagram, Numericals and Derivation)
Chapter 10 – Wave optics
- Incoherent and coherent waves addition
- Reflection and refraction of plane waves using Huygen principle
- Interference and Young’s double-slit experiment
- Diffraction of light
- Polarisation by scattering
- Resolving power of optical Instruments
UNIT 7: Radiation and Matter Have a Dual Nature
This unit contains only one chapter. The chapter is titled Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation. These are some of the most important topics covered in this chapter:
Chapter 11 – Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Photoelectric effect
- de Broglie hypothesis
- Davisson and Germer experiment
- Einstein photoelectric equation
UNIT 8: Atoms and Nuclei
This unit is divided into two chapters. Atoms and Nuclei are the titles of these chapters. This chapter’s key topics and derivations are listed below:
Chapter 12 – Atoms
- Atomic spectra
- Electron Orbits
- de-Broglie explanation of Bohr’s postulate
- Bohr Model of a Hydrogen atom
- Line spectra of a Hydrogen atom
Chapter 13: Nuclei
- Nuclear binding energy (Definition and Numericals)
- Radioactive decays
UNIT 9: Electronic Devices
This unit contains only one chapter. Semiconductor Electronics: Materials, Devices, and Simple Circuits is the title of this chapter. These are some of the most important topics covered in this chapter:
Chapter 14: Semiconductor Electronics: Materials, Devices and Simple Circuits
- Intrinsic semiconductors
- Extrinsic semiconductors
- p-n Junction diode
- p-n Junction in reverse bias and forward bias
- n-p-n and p-n-p transistor
- Junction diode as a rectifier
- Zener diode as a voltage regulator
- Transistor as an amplifier
- Logic gates
UNIT 10: Communication Systems
This unit contains only one chapter. The following are some of the most important topics covered in this chapter:
Chapter 15: Communication Systems
- Elements of communication system
- Propagation of em waves
- Basic terminologies of electronic communication system
- Amplitude modulation
Also See: CBSE Class 12 Exam Preparation Tips
Tips for Scoring in the CBSE Class 12 Physics Term 2 Board Exam 2022
Begin Preparation Early
Students should begin their board exam preparation as soon as the new academic year begins. It can aid in the development of their conceptual knowledge. Many students overlook their studies in the initial stages, which reduces their chances of developing in-depth theories of the subjects and makes it difficult to achieve good grades. The class 12th grade point average significantly impacts students’ futures. Every student must establish a daily routine for implementing practice and studying.
Get Ready for Numericals
Students should write down and memorize all chapter-wise formulas for better revision. Before looking at the solution, students need to understand the basics of each principle and learn to apply it with derivation. Once Students have fully comprehended the question, check the solved answers.
Practice more Questions
Although the sequence of the paper changes by a small amount each time, the considerable portion (2 marks, 3 marks, and 5 marks) stays the same. As a result, it is recommended to review sample papers and previous year papers to determine the questions’ level. Making notes alone will not suffice to pass this exam.
Examine the Distribution of Unit Marks and begin with Important Chapters
Beginning with the first unit, Electrostatics and Current Electricity is a popular preparation method. This unit covers many topics, but the marks aren’t particularly high. As a result, a better strategy would be to concentrate on important units that carry more weight to finish the syllabus as soon as possible. By completing important chapters first, this technique relieves students’ burden.
Other than this, here are some general guidelines and tips that every student should follow, particularly while preparing for the class 12 Physics final exam. Take a look!
Read the blog to know some of the best books for physics to prepare for JEE.
CBSE Class 12 Physics Preparation Tips
- Students should always note that they should only use NCERT books as a starting point. They should emphasize NCERT books and afterward refer to other reference books.
- In case of doubt, students should seek the advice of experts and lecturers.
- Practicing many numerical to help students memorize and apply the formulas correctly. Furthermore, numerical practice aids in conceptual understanding.
- Make a topic-by-topic list of formulae and revise it every day.
- Because mathematics is an essential component of physics, students must begin early and regularly practice problems.
- Revise concepts regularly to keep track of them and avoid forgetting them.
- The most useful advice is always to acknowledge the units of measurement wherever needed, especially when solving numerical problems.
- Make it a habit to write answers in a point-by-point format to cover all main aspects. The practice of writing point-by-point answers clarifies a student’s conceptual understanding and is also convenient for the examiner.
- Examine the question paper carefully and plan your responses before getting them done.
- Remember to study new topics and review old ones every day.
- Students must remember to rehearse the previous year’s exam questions. Time management is essential for achieving the highest possible score on any exam.
- Concentrate more on long-answer questions because they carry more weight. Concepts should be perfect for composing long explanations.
Frequently Asked Questions on Important Topics and Tips for Class 12 Physics Preparation
Question 1: What is the most important physics topic?
Newton’s Third Law Among the most important topics in physics. Newton’s Law of Motion is made up of three laws that can be used to explain everything about motion.
Question 2: How can I pass class 12 Physics in 2022 after studying important topics?
Here are some tricks that can help students to succeed in class 12 Physics board exam:
- Check the CBSE Physics blueprint.
- Divide the syllabus according to important topics.
- Choose topics with the most weight.
- Highlight the key points based on the chapter’s syllabus.
- Students should always keep a notebook for on-the-go revision.
Question 3: What are the important units in 12th Physics?
The following is a list of all important chapters:
Unit 1: Electrostatics
Unit 2: Current Electricity
Unit 3: Magnetic Effects of Magnetism and Current
Unit 4: Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
Unit 5: Electromagnetic Waves
Unit 6: Optics
Unit 7: Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
Unit 8: Atoms and Nuclei
Unit 9: Electronic Devices
Unit 10: Communication System
Question 4: How can I prepare for class 12 Physics board exams?
Tips to keep in mind while studying for Class 12 Physics
- Understand the importance of each unit in the Physics subject.
- Make a list of everything you want to remember for each chapter.
- Use a Topic-By-Topic Strategy
- Create a proper study plan.
- Practice numerical problems and diagrams.
Question 5: Which chapter in Physics 12 is the simplest?
These are some of the most simple chapters in class 12 Physics.
- Alternating Current
- Particle nature of light
- Dual Nature of light
- Current Electricity
- Logic gates
- Magnetic properties
- Communication System