Students studying for the CBSE Class 10th board term 1 examination must promptly complete the full CBSE 10th syllabus. At the very least, one month should be set up for revision. Many students are apprehensive about board exams, which is understandable; nevertheless, preparing with the appropriate mindset will reduce the student’s stress. The importance of paper presentations cannot be overstated, and students must approach the exam so that the answers are effective and simple to read.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, CBSE holds Class 10 exams in two terms this year. The CBSE term 1 test for the academic year 2021-22 has already taken place, while the CBSE term 2 exams for the academic year 2022 will begin in the last week of April 2022. As the deadline for the examination approaches, students should consider putting the finishing touches on their exam preparation. Here are some CBSE Class 10 test preparation ideas that students can use to achieve good results in their exams.
Make sure you’re well prepared for your board exam by finding an Aakash coaching centre near you!
|Table of Contents|
|CBSE Class 10 Preparation Tips by Subject for Term I and Term II|
|General Tips for the CBSE Class 10th Board Exam Preparation|
|Frequently Asked Questions about CBSE Class 10th Preparation Tips|
CBSE Class 10 Preparation Tips by Subject for Term I and Term II
In the next section, you can get subject-specific study advice for CBSE Class 10. You should be aware that different subjects require different methods of preparation. So, we have included tips and strategies specific to each subject. This will help you prepare better for the exam.
Tips for CBSE Class X English Exam Preparation
- Vocabulary skills: Students can improve their English writing skills and vocabulary by reading the newspaper, philosophical issues, and even fiction novels.
- Unseen passages: This portion is high-scoring and requires good reading and comprehension skills.
- Writing skills: Follow the board’s format guidelines for the letter. The majority of the English questions are worth ten points. Understand the format of official letters and applications by practicing them.
- Grammar: Study the NCERT English grammar book and study the fundamentals to answer grammar questions easily. After you’ve made a mistake, revise that concept again.
- Literature: Since you will most likely be asked analytical and content questions, you should familiarise yourself with some of the details of different chapters.
Tips for CBSE Class X Maths Preparation
You can discover preparation strategies and suggestions for the Class 10 Mathematics examination given below:
- Exam papers from the previous year’s CBSE class 10 Maths board exam must be consulted. The type of questions in board exams will be clear to you.
- First, go over the complete syllabus in the NCERT books. The questions in NCERT books are the most crucial for the Class 10 Maths examination. Examiners also use the CBSE and NCERT texts to create board exam questions.
- Knowing the syllabus and the importance of various topics can aid you in calculating the amount of time to be spent on each.
- Adding figures and graphs to your answers can help you get better grades.
Check out the NCERT solutions for CBSE Class 10 Maths on Aakash to solve questions with ease.
CBSE Class 10 Science Preparation Tips
CBSE Class 10 Science is composed of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Some specific guidelines for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are:
Physics CBSE Class 10 Preparation Tips & Tricks
- The key to acing Physics is to practice numerical questions and review the concepts.
- Several questions in physics are based on theorems and direct formulas, which must be thoroughly revised.
- It’s also crucial to stick to the NCERT textbooks and cover all of the topics in the curriculum.
Is it your dream to clear the NEET UG 2022 examination? Brush up your CBSE Class 10th Biology concepts to score high!
Chemistry CBSE Class X Preparation Tips & Tricks
- Practice balancing reactions.
- Learn the common and IUPAC naming system for hydrocarbons, organic compounds, and salts.
- Inorganic chemistry should not be ignored. Students should know about the properties of d-block, p-block, and f-block elements.
- Write down the important name reactions and memorize them.
- Furthermore, it is important to adhere to the NCERT books and study all the topics in the syllabus.
CBSE Class X Preparation Tips & Tricks For Biology
- Because this subject requires many figures and illustrations, it’s important to give importance to drawings and their labelings.
- Biology is mainly a theoretical subject and students will have to pay close detail to basic concepts and definitions.
- It is a good idea to know the weightage of each chapter in Biology so students can be better prepared.
- Finally, since CBSE follows the NCERT syllabus, students should make it a point to give extra importance to the NCERT textbooks.
Tips for CBSE Class X Social Science Exam Preparation
- Create a calendar of important historical dates, go through it frequently, and make sure you remember the dates.
- When it comes to history, the names of liberation fighters, rulers, and others should be revised regularly along with important historical dates.
- When memorizing long answers, attempt to make a connection between the many events. For instance, attempt to connect the ideas by asking yourself questions like “what happened next?” and “why?”
- Instead of memorizing paragraphs, try memorizing answers in a point format and connecting them to real-life experiences.
- Always attempt the simple questions first. Then, in the end, the lengthy questions should be addressed.
- It’s also crucial to stick to the NCERT textbooks and cover all of the topics in the curriculum.
For NEET 2022 exam pattern, you can refer to the Aakash website! Find out everything about the NEET 2022 examination including dates, applications, and preparation tips!
General Tips on How to Prepare for the CBSE Class 10th Board Exam
The following are some general preparation recommendations for the CBSE board exam in Class 10:
- Familiarise yourself with the exam pattern and syllabus
Students must have a good understanding of the test format and material. The CBSE class 10 Exam Pattern covers information such as the type of questions, the number of questions, the exam duration, the marking scheme, and the topics covered, among other things.
The CBSE class 10th exam consists of a total of 100 marks, which are divided into the following categories:
- 80-point annual board exam (Passing marks is 33 percent in each subject)
- Internal Assessment: 20 Points (Periodic Tests* are worth 10 points each, Notebook submission is for 5 points, and Subject Activities are worth 5 points)
*Note: For the final weightage, the average of the top two marks from three periodic tests will be used.
- Make a study plan
It isn’t easy to achieve your goals without proper planning. To effectively prepare for CBSE board exams, students must first create a study schedule and then stick to it. Students will gain confidence by creating schedules and will be able to study at a consistent pace. They should also allot more time to tough subjects while sticking to the study timetable.
- Examine past year’s questions as well as example papers
Students should practice previous year’s CBSE class 10th question papers to assess their level of preparation. Students must keep an eye on the clock to maintain track of their problem-solving speed by completing the question paper within the time limit.
- Take breaks while studying
It is difficult for a pupil to learn if they sit in one spot, trying to stay concentrated. Students are advised to take short breaks while studying. Interrupting your studies with 10-15 minutes of exercise will help you stay fit, active, and intellectually prepared for future sciences.
- Try group studies
It’s always more enjoyable to study with friends. Listening and speaking skills are always beneficial to learning. Group learning allows students to grasp things more quickly. In addition, dull topics will become interesting in group study sessions, allowing students to extend their study time.
- Get plenty of rest
Stress, anxiety, and fear obstruct preparation and negatively impact performance on board exams. As a result, it is recommended that you begin preparing and relaxing your thoughts. Get a good night’s sleep, especially the night before the exam.
- Prepare relevant responses
After all of the exam preparation, the time has come for the answer sheet to show the hard work. To write the finest answers and complete the exam on time, students must use the appropriate technique and strategy. Make the most of the 15 minutes given for reading before beginning the exam.
Hopefully, the preparation tips will help you prepare for your board exams. Aside from these suggestions, make sure to eat healthily and get a full night’s sleep daily. Do not allow fear to take over your head. It will just increase your stress level, which will impact your board test results.
1. How should I prepare for my board exams?
You will be given an additional 15 minutes in each board exam. This period is set aside to study the exam questions. Make the most of your time and mark the questions that you find simple to answer. Begin by answering these questions, then move on to the harder ones.
2. How can I have a positive attitude during my board exams?
The following techniques can help you stay cheerful during board exams:
- Stop thinking about the negative.
- Allow your mind to unwind. Take a break in the middle of your preparations.
- Examine your syllabus and sample papers using your notes.
- Start the day with a good breakfast and a morning walk.
- ‘Nothing is impossible,’ tell yourself. ‘I’m sure I’ll be able to handle it.’
3. In one month, how can I cover the entire Class 10 syllabus?
The CBSE Class 10 syllabus is quite extensive. However, by utilizing smart preparation strategies, students may be able to complete it within a month.
- Choose your weak subjects and devote more time to them while devoting less time to your strong subjects.
- Make a detailed schedule and stick to it.
- Revise the topics and read theories in your spare time.
- Use the internet to help you with your studies, and you may also use YouTube to help you comprehend difficult topics.
- Practicing critical questions and sample papers is very crucial.
4. How can I improve my board test performance?
You can improve your board exam performance by solving full-length sample papers daily. It also aids you in gaining a speed edge while maintaining accuracy. As a result, there will be fewer chances of your exam sheet being marked down.
5. Is the CBSE 2022 syllabus going to be reduced?
The CBSE syllabus 2022 has been cut by 30% for the forthcoming session by the Board. Amid the coronavirus epidemic, it is completed for the academic year 2022.
Students can access the previous 14 years’ question papers on the Aakash website and detailed solutions.
6. Which books should you read to prepare for the CBSE Class 10th Board Exams?
Reference Books for CBSE Class 10: Maths
- Mathematics – R D Sharma (Class 10)
- Secondary School Mathematics – RS Aggarwal (Class 10)
Reference Books for Class 10 CBSE: Science
- Physics, by Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur
- Biology by Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur
- Chemistry by Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur
Reference Books Class 10 CBSE: Social Science
- All in One Social Science CBSE Class 10 – Arihant
- S Chand for Social Science – N.k Chowdhry
Reference Books for Class 10 CBSE: English
CBSE All In One English Language & Literature Class 10 by Arihant Experts
Xam Idea Complete Course English for CBSE Class 10 by VK Global
Are you worried about scoring well on your exam? Refer to important concepts on the Aakash website to gain more confidence!