Can you maintain a balance between your daily routine and your studies? Are you feeling a headache with the disturbing study timings? Do you find yourself dilly-dallying a lot when trying to study? Then you are lacking a study plan for yourself.
A study plan will help you with all these issues, and it even provides you with some free time that you can arrange in any way you want. You will be able to study, play, review, test preparations before time, and do other activities you like with the help of a study plan.
How to make one? No worries! Take a look at this article until the end for your queries related to the study plan.
What Is A Study Plan?
A study plan is a chart or schedule that permits you to lay out the time needed for each day for your various activities. It is very useful when maintaining a balance between your school life and daily life. With the help of a study plan, you can schedule your study timing and what subjects should be studied at a particular time.
You can also include your tests, exams, sports, or other daily routine activities in a study plan. Experts and toppers always refer to the students to prepare a study plan before starting their preparations.
How To Create An Effective Study Plan?
A study plan is not only limited to the study timings. But it helps you in designing your whole day’s activity. How much you should spend on one subject, on breaks, on physical activities, on revision, on homework, etc? It is also part of a study plan.
To create an effective study plan, you have to divide your time as per the activity and follow it regularly. An effective schedule chart must have
1) Schedule of balanced activities.
You have many activities in a day that you have to perform. From morning studies to sleeping at night, you perform numerous tasks. Break some time in your study plan for eating, sleeping, personal work, and other activities.
2) Enough time for studying each subject.
As a student, you have to study many subjects daily. So, divide your time in your study plan to have enough time to spend on each subject. It would be best to separate this time from the class study time.
3) Fixed schedule for study and a consistent place.
Knowing beforehand what you have to study and at what time saves you a lot of time. At home, too, treat yourself like you are in school and maintain your study similarly and consistently.
4) Review time after the class as soon as possible.
As the lecture gets over, review your notes. At this time, all the information is freshly stored in your mind, and reviewing it clears your doubts and lets it store for a long duration in your memory space.
5) Utilisation of odd hours of the day for study.
Every day, you waste a lot of hours being idle. Plan them out for your extra study. You can use your vacant lectures and perform recreational work or other activities.
6) Small break time between the studies.
Take small breaks every 2-3 hours of study. Continuous hours of study tired the mind rapidly, and as a result, it affects the concentration power. Taking small breaks lets you relax your brain and regain your lost abilities.
7) The proper time to review regular studies.
Reviewing the lectures is equally important as making notes or listening to lectures. Without review, you will never be able to know your understanding level. This saves you a lot of time during exam preparations.
8) Time for reciting and analyzing the notes.
Recite the daily work and then ask questions yourself. Make use of test papers or sample papers to analyze yourself timely. In this way, you will be able to memorize more content and use it in the long run.
9) Keep carefully and review the daily notes and assessments.
Notes not only help you understand the topics but also their review. Organize your notes properly and carefully at your study table. With the help of keywords, you can easily work out the lectures and assessments in your language.
10) Some time for flexibility, in case of any unexpected event.
Sometimes, you have to face unexpected events, like getting sick or welcoming a guest, which affects your study plan. In such cases, snatch equal time from your relaxing schedule and make a compromise.
What Is The Need To Create A Study Plan?
A study plan is a productive way to help you steer through your school education and hold you responsible for your learning outcomes. It is crucial for students because it teaches them self-discipline and determination to complete the tasks with constant cues.
A study plan allows you to analyze how you spent your whole day. It ensures that apart from school time, you have enough time to complete your homework, exam, and test preparations, and review the information you have collected. In this way, a study plan helps you learn time management skills.
What Is The Best Way To Use The Study Plan?
The best way to use the study plan is by including
1) Regular small breaks in between your studies.
During this break time, you can choose to perform walks, stretch, play games, take snacks, or do any other hobby you like. It helps you release the stress from your mind, and you will feel more energized.
2) Switching subjects or study techniques periodically.
Changing subjects or study activities helps you release weariness and lets you awaken some interest in other subjects. It will not let you feel bored with one subject or studying way.
3) Set some deadlines to complete the tasks.
This deadline activity helps you in completing your assignments or test preparations in a short time with full concentration. It will let you complete your work before the due dates.
4) Give your full attention to studying during study time.
Focus on this task and avoid all types of distractions during this period. Select a quiet, well-lit, and positive area free from any disturbances.
5) Identify the important section to study first.
It is the best way to complete the preparations with maximum profits and greatly impact your learning. It will help you in getting the most out of every study session.
6) Use every spare moment in your daily routine to study well.
You can use even five or ten minutes to study. Flashcards help you in the best way in your spare time. You can easily place them in your pocket or your bag and study them whenever you get time.
FAQs about The Ultimate Guide to Create Your Study Plan for 2022
What are the strategies to stick to a study plan?
Four strategies help you to stick to a study plan. These are as follows:
- Continuous multi-hour study sessions drain you mentally and physically. To keep your mind fresh, take short breaks in between your study.
- Studying without other activities makes you dull and less confident. In this way, you will easily get discouraged. So, schedule some time for other activities in between your study plan.
- Studying with peers helps you learn more and get an opportunity to socialize with your classmates. You will also get a chance to discuss your queries with them and collaborate. Hence, maintain some time in your study plan for this socializing.
- Do not discourage yourself if you find your study plan does not give you satisfactory results. You need to make changes to the required places and follow them again.
What are the tips for creating a study plan?
There is no perfect way to create a study plan. Everyone has unique ideas and study habits. You can use the following tips for creating a study plan:
- Think about your learning style and study timings, whether you are a morning bird or night owl, and analyze it.
- Make a list of your activities, either schooling, eating, sleeping, playing, or others. It will let you notice how much time you have for study and other activities.
- Check your syllabus and note down how much time you need to study daily.
- Now make a plan on the above analysis.
- Start this plan every week and test yourself with the exam preparations.
- If this plan is suitable for you, then follow it consistently. Otherwise, make a new one.
How to create a study plan for the NEET-UG exam and for the JEE Mains exam preparations?
To crack NEET-UG 2022 exam or JEE Mains 2022 exam is not an easy task. It would be best to create a well-planned study schedule to prepare it. Here is the best study plan for the NEET 2022 exam and JEE Mains 2022 exam that you can follow:
4:00 am - 4:10 am Wake up
4:10 am - 4:20 am Freshen up, brushing
4:20 am - 4:50 am Morning walk
4:50 am - 5:20 am Bath and take breakfast
5:20 am - 7:30 am Study Physics
7:30 am - 7:45 am Break time
7:45 am - 9:45 am Study Chemistry
9:45 am - 10:00 am Break time
10:00 am - 12:00 pm Study Biology/Mathematics
12:00 pm - 12:20 pm Take lunch
12:20 pm - 12:45 pm Take a walk
12:45 pm - 1:00 pm Go through flashcards
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Take a nap
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Revise important concepts
3:00 pm - 3:15 pm Break time
3:15 pm - 6:15 pm Solve a full-length question paper
6:15 pm - 6:30 pm Break time
6:30 pm - 6:45 pm Take dinner
6:45 pm - 7:15 pm Take a walk
7:15 pm - 9:00 pm Analyse your solved paper and list out your weaknesses and mistakes
9:00 pm - 10:00 pm Study your weak topics and solutions to mistakes
10:00 pm - 4:00 pm Sleep time
How to create a study plan for board exam preparations?
To create a perfect study plan for board exam preparations, you need to follow the given steps:
- Identify what time suits you to study, morning time or night hours.
- Set your goals and start to run after them. Also, set some deadlines to complete them.
- Check the syllabus and focus on high weightage topics first.
- Take small breaks in-between your study sessions to release stress and get re-energized.
- Solve practice papers and assessments in the fixed timings.
- Take a sound sleep daily. Do not compromise with sleep timing. Take 6-8 hours of sleep to refresh your mind and let it access the information you have collected.
- Do some yoga, morning walks, exercise, or any other physical exercises to maintain your health. And eat healthy food.
Everyone has their ideas about planning a study schedule. You can set the time duration according to your choice in this study plan and make a unique timetable for yourself. But, try to follow it strictly and regularly on the same pattern it design. Do not give excuses to yourself in case you skip the plan for one or two days.
Many students waste their time just by stressing out or thinking that there is enough time with them to prepare for exams. But, when the day reaches, they start to panic. Do not categorise yourself among them and draw a study plan.
We hope this article may help you plan an effective study schedule.