It is an industrial revolution era, and technology has played a key role. An engineer is the one who rides this horse of technology. Today, engineering has become a diverse area to study with a wide range of specialisations that lead to the advancement in technology.
This field is not only able to provide you with a reputed degree but also a dignified job with a prosperous salary provided to the engineers. There is a wide demand for an engineer at the national level and on the international platform.
If you also dream of becoming an engineer and want to know more about this field, then go on with this article.
Also see: Engineering Courses at Aakash
Watch Our video on Master Tips and Tricks for cracking JEE with Aakash Experts | JEEnius Series
What is a B.Tech course?
Bachelor in Technology (B.Tech) is an undergraduate course for getting a professional degree in engineering. Science stream students have a high craze toward this course. Highlights of this course are given below:
|Name of the Degree/Course||B.Tech|
|Course Duration||Four years|
|Annual Course Fee||INR 2-5 lakhs|
|Admission Process||Entrance followed by counselling|
|Top Institutes/Colleges||IITs, NITs, IIITs, VIT, BITS, etc.|
|Top Recruiters||Google, Apple, TATA, ISRO, etc.|
|Specialisations||CE, CS, ME, EE, Marine Engineering, etc.|
What are the Career Prospects and Job Scope for B.Tech in India?
Because of the increasing population and development of technology, the value of engineers has risen a lot. As a result, engineering has become one of the most demanding professions that gets respect from every corner of the world.
B.Tech is a diverse course. Many programs are running under its name in India. Because of so many specialisations, engineers are progressing in almost every field and even created space for some new developments.
If you want to study more after this course, there are many opportunities for higher education. You can choose MBA, M.Tech, PhD, MCA, etc., courses after B.Tech. You can also go to the research field or teaching field if you find interest there. Also, if you are capable enough to start your work, you can choose to become a businessman or businesswoman.
Check our visual story on 10 Preparation Tips and Tools that Will Help You in All Your Exams
Here is the list of various job roles available for B.Tech engineers after completing their course:
|Aeronautical Engineer||Aerospace Engineer|
|Automobile Engineer||Ceramic Engineer|
|Chemical Engineer||Civil Engineer|
|Computer Science Engineer||Construction Engineer|
|Electrical Engineer||Electronic & Communication Engineer|
|Marine Engineer||Mechanical Engineer|
|Mining Engineer||Production Engineer|
|Robotics Engineer||Software Developer|
|Product Manager||Telecommunication Engineer|
|Biotech Engineer||Data Analyst|
What are the Areas of Recruitment Offered to B.Tech Aspirants?
Engineers have contributed a lot to the betterment of society. It provides them with high regard and a prestigious reputation in the world. There are numerous opportunities for engineers with various specialisations and their technical skills. You can also choose to be an entrepreneur and carve your way out. If you are looking for a public sector (PSUs) job, you can also apply through GATE.
Some top organisation that provides an opportunity for B.Tech. candidates are as follows:
- ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation)
- DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation)
- BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited)
- ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation)
- Indian Railways
- Indian Army
- Indian Navy
- Scientific Research Centres
- Educational Institutes
- Robotics Engineering Company
- Information Technology Company
- Research and Development Organisation
- Software Company
- EIL (Engineers India Limited)
- HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited), and many more.
Many private companies can always be very eager to hire engineers for their teams every year. Some of the top companies that provide a better living opportunity for candidates are given below:
- HCL Technologies
- Microsoft Corp.
- IBM Global Services
- TATA Consultancy
- Infosys Technologies
- Ernst and Young
- Renault Nissan Automotive India Pvt. Ltd., and many more.
What are the Salary Expectations for B.Tech Aspirants?
Engineering is one of the famous professional fields whose demand can never decrease. Not today, not in the future! It will be the same forever, either on national or international levels.
The salary of the B.Tech engineers depends on their work experience and qualifications. If you are capable enough, hard-working, dedicated, and loyal to your work, no one can stop you from getting higher pay than others.
According to PayScale, the average salary of B.Tech candidates in India is INR 2 lakhs to INR 6 lakhs per annum. Although the starting salary of an engineer will be INR 20,000-30,000 per month, with the experience, they can get a handsome salary too. However, it also depends upon the organisation you are connected with to get a fair salary.
Given below table shows the average salary of different designations in India:
|Job Role||Average Salary (in India)|
|Software Engineer||INR 3.5 LPA|
|Aeronautical Engineer||INR 3.52 LPA|
|Mechanical Engineer||INR 2.38 LPA|
|Automation Engineer||INR 6.9 LPA|
|Robotics Engineer||INR 2.05 LPA|
|Data Analyst||INR 2.98 LPA|
Given below table shows the average salary of B.Tech Candidates in PSUs:
|PSU||Average Salary (in India)|
|IOCL||INR 7.20 LPA|
|BARC||INR 6.73 LPA|
|ONGC||INR 21.6 LPA|
|BHEL||INR 5.9 LPA|
|EIL||INR 2.5 LPA|
|HAL||INR 4.1 LPA|
Given below table shows the average salary of the same B.Tech course in top private companies (for 1-4 experience):
|Company-wise B.Tech. Designation||Average Salary|
|Software Engineer in Google||INR 33.1 LPA|
|Software Engineer in Microsoft Corporation||INR 23.7 LPA|
|Software Engineer in Goldman Sachs||INR 22.7 LPA|
|Software Engineer in Amazon||INR 20.6 LPA|
|Software Engineer in Flipkart||INR 20.4 LPA|
|Software Engineer in Arista Networks||INR 24.7 LPA|
What are the Benefits of Doing B.Tech?
With a handsome salary and a reputable job, B.Tech provides many benefits. Given below are some benefits of doing B.Tech. course:
- Being an engineer in an organisation is itself a satisfaction point. Apart from this, your outstanding performance organisation will also award you with acceptable incentives and other benefits.
- B.Tech provides you with many occasions to select for your future career. You can opt for anyone according to your desire. It also allows you to become a well-known celebrity in your institute.
- As most engineers remain in contact with the world’s brilliant minds, it helps their intellectual development. And someday, they can also become someone’s ideal.
- Because it is not easy to handle an engineer’s job, you can polish your skills under great pressure and challenges.
- Engineers are well respected in society. They help in making the life of everyone simpler through their designs. Dams, airports, hospital equipment, buildings, scientific breakthroughs, etc., are so many things engineers created for people.
- Engineering is a highly demanding course with handsome salary packages. Hence, it lets you be financially stable and secure.
- Due to their achievements, engineers are known worldwide and get a chance to lead a bright future life, and no one underestimates them.
- Engineers help get a lot of scientific breakthroughs, whether in the engineering field, medical, or any other field.
1. What are the unique programs available in B.Tech courses in India?
There is a wide range of specialisations in B.Tech in India available for aspirants. But the course curriculum is different for every program. A few courses are: mechanical, civil, electronics, automation, biomedical, biotechnology, aerospace, chemical, mining, and many others.
2. What are the eligibility standards for getting admission in a B.Tech course?
The basic eligibility criteria for B.Tech aspirants are given below:
- Aspirants must have 10+2 passed certificates with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects.
- Aspirants must secure minimum aggregate marks of 50% in each main subject (mentioned above).
- Most institutes ask for an entrance test; aspirants must clear it.
It is to be remembered that these eligibility criteria can be changed from institute to institute.
3. Help me with some top recruiters for B.Tech graduates.
The demand for an engineer is very high in every domain. Whether it is governmental or private, every company looks for engineers. The list of some top recruiters for B.Tech graduates is given below:
|TATA Consultancy Services||Accenture Services|
|Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.||Microsoft Corp.|
|Triveni Turbine Limited|
|ICICI Bank||Morgan Stanley|
|Hindustan Unilever Ltd.||JP Morgan|
|InfoEdge India Ltd.||Flipkart|
|Infosys Technology||EXL Services|
|IBM Global Service||Mckinsey Knowledge Centre|
|HCL Technology||Ernst & Young|
4. How to get admission in any B.Tech program?
To get admission in any B.Tech program, you need to follow the given requirements:
- Aspirants need to appear and qualify for the entrance exam for the desired institute.
- To get admission to IITs, NITs, or any centrally funded university, aspirants must crack JEE Mains & Advanced exam.
- There are many state-level and university-level exams to get admission to the B.Tech program. Aspirants can attempt them.
- After the result, what follows will be counselling and seat allotment procedure. Later on, aspirants need to complete all the admission formalities in the allotted institute.
5. Which is the best B.Tech course with a secured career and excellent salary?
As per the demand for engineers in the technology world, there are top five courses in B.Tech with a secured career and excellent salary. These are as follows:
|B.Tech. Program||Average Base Salary (USD)|
|Computer Science Engineering||$75,293|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||$78,206|
You can also get an increment in the salary based on your experience in this field.
6. What is the difference between B.E. and B.Tech courses?
B.E. is Bachelor in Engineering while B.Tech is Bachelor in Technology. But both are somehow similar to each other. B.E. also offered a degree at the end of the course as B.Tech provides. The main difference between B.E. and B.Tech are given below:
|B.E. course||B.Tech course|
|B.E. focuses more on theoretical and knowledge aspects.||B.Tech focuses on skills and data only.|
|It is a study-based course.||It is an application-based course.|
|It helps in dealing with engineering aspects of Science.||It helps in dealing with technical aspects of Science.|
|This course will help you learn innovative equipment and make good use of Science and Technology.||This course works on the principle of engineering and technology.|
Not everybody dreams of becoming an engineer after B.Tech. If you are one of them, you have many other roles. You can pursue higher studies or be an entrepreneur and start your own company. Although the risk is higher initially, you can’t reach the mountain peak without risk.
Like other courses, B.Tech also demands hard work and dedication. Give your best during your studies and then reap the fruit of achievement and success with an excellent job and salary.
To get the title of ‘engineer’ in front of your name, you must complete your academic education. Earn your B.Tech degree from a reputed institute, and it will ensure you a promising future.