Thursday, April 28, 2016
The beginning of a new year at school is an exciting time with the smell of new books, covers for your notebooks, new teachers and the feeling of being more responsible. It also starts with the promise of excelling at your academics and extracurricular activities. Every new academic year comes with more pressure and you obviously need to put in extra efforts to do well. As a CBSE student, your exams and tests are well spread throughout the year and if you have a proper plan in place, you will definitely be able to succeed. Setting goals and targets makes it easier for you to plan your entire year including the breaks and extracurricular activities. Here are some tips on how you can plan your year:
- Look at the entire annual calendar: You usually get the entire calendar with holidays, weekly tests, exams and their tentative dates at the beginning of the annual year. This is the time when you should plan your preparation for exams and tests so you have time for yourself as well.
- Find the ways to compensate for the time that you’ll be losing: Your family might be planning a vacation or you might be going for a camp with your friends. Either way, you will be putting some time aside for a vacation or to visit your grandparents. Compensating for this lost time is possible if you make enough arrangements so you don’t fall behind schedule.
- Plan your exam schedule in advance: CBSE students should prepare their exam schedule in advance. Don’t wait for the date sheet to make a study schedule. Stay ahead of the class and keep revising the subjects on your own.
- Make sure your notes are updated: At the beginning of the session, get all your notes together from your seniors or bookstores. Stay prepared with study material like previous year’s question papers, mock tests and reference books so you don’t get stressed just before the exams.
- Give importance to your extracurricular activities: Students usually leave the activities which they are passionate about in these crucial academic years. This would not be necessary if you plan your studies in advance. You should pursue your hobbies as they enhance your personality and are a huge part of your school life. Participating in various exams like NTSE & Science or Maths Olympiads helps in the growth of your personality and you should definitely take part in them. For help or guidance to crack these Olympiads, enrol yourself here. Make sure you don’t let either your studies or your extracurricular activities suffer.
- Consider alternate mediums of studying: As you get older, taking coaching classes becomes important. You need that extra practice which you might not get from school alone. Choose your coaching institute at the beginning of the new academic year so you don’t miss out on anything. These classes are important as they form a strong foundation for your career. Don’t take coaching lightly and go for only the best! Enroll for Aakash Institute’s Foundation coaching now!
We hope these tips help you to plan your academic year in advance and stay ahead of the rest of your class!
Subscribe to our Youtube channel.