JEE Main is an all-India engineering entrance examination for students who wish to pursue in any of the nation’s top-notch universities such as the IITs, NITs and much more. Securing a decent score in JEE 2022 will help the students pursue their engineering dream by getting admission into any of those institutions.
There are three sections (aka subjects) in JEE Mains: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. It is essential to give equal importance and focus on all those subjects to score maximum marks.
In this article, let us discuss specifically the Physics section while having a good look at the important topics and how to prepare for them
|Table of contents|
|Things to know about JEE Main Physics section|
|Weightage of Chapters|
|Important topics for JEE Physics
|Why study these topics?|
|Preparation strategy for JEE Main Physics|
Things to know about JEE Main Physics section
The level of the Physics section in JEE Main is moderate. In Physics, mostly numerical and concept-based questions are asked. Many questions are easy to answer and can be done in no time. However, it needs utmost concentration and well-planned preparation to accomplish desired scores.
Due to the presence of conceptual and formula-based numerical questions, scoring marks is easy. So, usually, Physics is the easy-scoring section in the JEE examination. The students are advised to know the important topics for JEE Physics syllabus to secure higher marks.
Moreover, same as in other sections, Physics also has 25 questions to answer. In that, 5 questions will be numerical-based. So, one can expect mostly numerical questions rather than fact-based ones. Most questions are usually from the important chapters from the NCERT textbook.
The JEE aspirants can start preparing from the most basic topics. Having good knowledge of the basics can help them understand intermediate and difficult topics better. Furthermore, there are only a couple of theory-based topics, such as semiconductors, communication systems, etc.
Weightage of Chapters
The JEE 2022 Physics students should understand the syllabus and how the marks are distributed. It will provide them with an overall idea of the subject. Therefore, it is essential to know the topic weightage before starting their preparation for the JEE 2022 examination. The following is the tabulation for the same:
|Simple Harmonic Motion||1||3.3%|
|Error in Measurement||1||3.3%|
|Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism||2||6.6%|
|Kinetic Theory of Gases & Thermodynamics||2||6.6%|
|Work, Energy, and Power||2||6.6%|
|Laws of Motion||2||6.6%|
|Centre Of Mass||2||6.6%|
Check our visual story on These Tips will Make your JEE Main Preparation Easier
Important topics for JEE Main Physics
Below mentioned are the most important topics in JEE Main Physics. It will help the aspirants score the maximum possible marks. We have organised the topics from the NCERT textbook based on the difficulty levels so that it will be beneficial for the students at the time of preparation. The information was gathered from previous years’ question papers. Let us see them below:
The level of questions asked on these topics is easy and simple to answer. So, these are considered easy-scoring topics. Usually, the given questions involve simple mathematics and calculation, so it will not take more time to answer them. Therefore, the Physics aspirants are advised to cover the below-mentioned topics as much as possible.
- Electrostatics: Electrostatics is a big topic, but it is very simple to understand the concepts given in it. The questions asked in this section are mostly laws and formulae, so scoring good marks will not be a problem for the aspirants. Approximately 3 or 4 questions will be asked on this topic each year. So, one can expect to score well if they have prepared appropriately.
- Current Electricity: In this chapter, both theory-based and numerical-based questions can be asked. Past students say that questions on this topic are not very difficult, and one could simply score well with minimal preparation. It is not necessary to have an in-depth understanding of the concepts. NCERT books are of great use while preparing for this chapter. Some of the questions covered in this chapter are ohm’s law, colour code and a few simple voltages or current finding questions. Usually, these are simple to answer. One can expect 2 or 3 questions from this chapter.
- Semiconductor, Communication Systems and Unit Dimensions: The questions asked from these topics are theory-based, so they will not require more time for the students to prepare. The JEE aspirants can utilise NCERT books to prepare for these chapters. The questions asked are very basic and straightforward, so answering them will not be that big of an issue. Usually, there will be at least three questions asked from these chapters.
JEE Main 2022 Session 2 Exam: Learnings from Session 1 Chemistry Paper
JEE Main 2022 Session 1 Concluded, What’s Next
Although the Physics part of JEE Main 2022 will have many easy sections, there are still some difficult chapters that one should cover in order to obtain maximum marks. Therefore, it requires good practice and preparation to achieve success. The questions asked are mostly numerical-based. The following are the topics mentioned below:
- Waves and Oscillations: Usually, many students do not emphasise these topics. So, there are higher chances that they will lose marks. Therefore, it is essential to show equal importance since questions are asked about these topics inevitably. This topic is huge and contains various concepts, namely Doppler Effect and Simple Harmonic Motion, etc.
- Thermodynamics: Usually, 1 or 2 questions will be asked about this topic. We all know that thermodynamics is difficult and lengthy. There are many minor and major concepts one needs to know in order to obtain marks. However, suppose the JEE aspirants are aware of how difficult this chapter can be and prepare accordingly. In that case, they will be able to secure maximum marks. Therefore, thorough preparation is necessary. Generally, the questions asked from this concept can be both numerical and conceptual.
- Magnetism: From this topic, one can expect 2-3 questions for the JEE Main. This chapter acts as a foundation for many other topics, namely EMI, etc. Therefore, the students are recommended to have a thorough understanding of it.
- Optics: Optics is an essential topic in Physics, and it should be marked important. Since there are not many concepts involved, it will not take a lot of time to finish learning this topic. There is a considerable number of formulas present in this topic. However, the level of questions asked from it is difficult and tricky to answer. The students should prepare well to get good scores in this chapter. Usually, the questions asked about this topic are a combination of numerous topics such as refraction, reflection, etc. Hence, a decent amount of time is required to solve these problems.
- Modern Physics: Each year, at least 3 or 4 questions are asked from this chapter. The students should take it seriously and prepare accordingly. Some of the most important concepts asked from this topic are X-Ray, Photoelectric Effect, Spectrum, Atomic Structure and Dual Nature of matter.
Watch: JEE Main 2022: Best Preparation Strategy & Study Plan for JEE 2022 July Attempt Exam | JEE Strategy
Why study these topics?
The following are some of the main reasons why these topics are considered as most important:
- These chapters and topics are considered most important because many questions have been asked in the last few years.
- In addition, they also have a high weightage of marks compared to other topics and will play a vital role in helping the aspirants secure the most percentage of marks.
- Almost all of these topics are highly useful in our day-to-day lives in various sectors. So, having a good amount of knowledge about them will deliberately assist the candidates to succeed in their engineering careers.
Preparation strategy for JEE Main Physics
To prepare for the most important topics of the JEE Main 2022 Physics exam, the students need proper guidance and strategies. Let us see them one by one:
- The aspirants should make a list of topics based on the difficulty level and create a timetable. Along with that, they can also mention the time limit for each chapter.
- After doing so, they can start preparing according to the timeline and highlight keywords.
- They should take notes which will be helpful in the future while at the time of revision.
- The students can attempt online mock tests for each topic, which will provide them with an understanding of their performance and help identify their mistakes and errors so that they can rectify them.
- The students should maintain a separate notebook, write down the important formulae, and practice them while solving analytical problems.
- Furthermore, the students can solve past years’ question papers to enhance their time-management and problem-solving abilities.
- On the other hand, having a good diet plan is a must because it will play a major role in enhancing students’ health. They should avoid the intake of fast foods and oily foods, as it will only cause problems to their health.
- In addition, the students should sleep at least 7 to 8 hours a day to enhance their productivity. Insufficient sleep will cause major health problems and make it hard for the students to focus well on their learning.
- Meditation and Yoga help students sustain themselves in their preparation phase by making them concentrate well. Meditation keeps them calm and collected, while Yoga makes them keep their bodies fit.
To score well in the JEE 2022 Physics section, the students should study the above-mentioned concepts and chapters. Apart from that, they should also practice the problems and formulae so that they can remember the concepts better. Hence, it will help them score decently in the main exam.
This article has provided a comprehensive list of important topics and chapters that the students should study in order to score their dream marks.
1. What are the hardest topics in JEE Main Physics?
According to many candidates, the below-mentioned chapters are considered as difficult:
- Current Electricity
- Modern Physics
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Electrostatics and Magnetism
2. How can a candidate crack the JEE Main exam?
To secure maximum marks in the JEE Main examination, the students would require a well-defined preparation strategy. It should be realistic as well. Given below are some of the tips for preparation that one should follow to obtain good scores in the JEE Main examination:
- Go through the syllabus first
- Prepare a study plan compiling the most important topics
- Practice formulae and problems
- Do mock tests and solve previous years’ question papers
- Analyse the tests and understand where you made errors
- Rectify the mistakes and make appropriate changes in your preparation
- Eat healthily and stay fit
Leave a Reply