Completing the syllabus on time is essential to pass the test with good scores. Be it NEET 2022, JEE 2022, or other competitive test preparation; students must start studying on time to avoid the last-minute hassle. It reduces examination stress, and candidates get enough time to go over the topics and become familiar with the syllabus.
Effective time management is essential to meet the study’s objectives and gain confidence while writing the paper. Students studying in Class 10, 11, 12, or 12 pass-outs must make it a habit to complete the curriculum on time to achieve good scores in NEET, JEE, and other competitive examinations.
If you have been struggling with time management, read the tips below and implement the strategies to cover the NEET 2022, JEE Main 2022, and JEE Advanced 2022 syllabus and sit for the test with complete preparation.
Revise The Concepts Taught In Class
One effective way to complete the JEE and NEET syllabus on time is by studying from day one. Students must take notes and revise the important concepts after being covered in school. This method helps to retain the concepts better and for a long time. It helps outline the syllabus and prepare a timetable based on the topics covered in class.
Check our visual story on Exam Preparation: Ten Study Tips
Make A Study Schedule
Students should make a study schedule and follow it regularly based on the JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2022, and NEET 2022 important chapters covered in class. A study schedule helps appropriately keep up with the examination syllabus. There are many organising tools available online. Candidates can use those applications and make a study table covering the priority topics first. Whether it is the preparation for NEET UG 2022, JEE Main 2022, or JEE Advanced 2022, it is essential to make a study schedule to follow and keep track of all the topics covered. Here are some tips for planning an effective study schedule.
- Students must make a schedule balancing study with sleeping, recreating, eating and other daily life activities.
- It is crucial to allot a specific time for each subject. Every subject must be assigned equal hours for study in a week. But students can modify the study hours if some topics require more study time than others. For instance, if a student is weak in Biology, more time can be provided to study this subject. Similarly, students can allot less time for easy topics.
- Candidates should not make the timetable during the odd hours, and the timings should not clash with other work.
- The schedule should include separate times for revision and solving the JEE or NEET previous year question papers.
Watch our video on How to Study better for NEET Exams – Lifestyle Tips | NEET 2022 Biology Strategy
Implement Smart-Study Techniques
There are several techniques for better memorisation of Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Math concepts. Students must improve their study patterns and implement smart-study strategies to boost their cognitive ability, grasp concepts faster and complete the syllabus even under time constraints. The following are some effective smart-study techniques for ideal NEET and JEE Main and Advanced preparation.
Pomodoro is an effective time management technique that delivers increased productivity. In this method, students need to break the study schedule into 25 minutes of study and 5 minutes of break time. This method eliminates the burnt-out feeling and helps students concentrate during work hours without distractions. Taking breaks can help the student stay motivated during the study and retain vital information for a long time.
It is another effective technique for converting complex topics into visual representations. Graphical representations of ideas and concepts help to remember topics better. This method ensures quality studying and reduces the revision time, allowing students to complete the JEE and NEET syllabus within a given time frame.
In this learning method, students must study a topic and write it down as if to explain it to a child. The student must write in a simple language and reflect on the subject after writing the topic. The chances are that some topics will require more clarity and understanding. This process will eliminate loopholes in learning and lead to complete preparation.
Reading the topic and making points can help students learn quickly. It is easy to revise if the essential information is written in point form.
Learn to highlight
Studying the entire book for exam preparation can be tedious and time-taking. Thus, highlighting the important concepts can help in time management. Students can mark the facts and figures with different highlighters and go through the points during the JEE or NEET preparation to avoid reading the entire book.
Solve Previous Years’ Question Papers
A great way to complete the syllabus on time is by solving NEET or JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2022 previous years’ question papers. This method helps make the most of your time. With this process, classes 11, 12, and 12 pass out students don’t have to spare separate time to solve the question paper and study the topics. It is a two-in-one process and can be conducted simultaneously for strategic syllabus completion. To do this, the students must follow the below steps.
- Students must refer to NEET or JEE previous year questions of the last 5-10 years.
- Solve the questions that have repeatedly appeared in the test as they are essential from the examination perspective.
- Revise the difficult-to-grasp and important topics to score brilliant marks in the examination.
Study From The NCERTs
NCERT solutions are available for all JEE and NEET subjects and have every concept explained in detail. So, students must not skip studying from the NCERT for the JEE and NEET examinations. They not only cover the curriculum but contain essential questions likely to come from the syllabus. Learning from NCERT can save time as additional supplementary books are not mandatory for complete preparation. It helps reduce the study time and aids in thorough preparation before the examination date.
Learn And Practise The Formulas And Equations In Problems
For subjects like Maths, Physics, and Chemistry, students must focus on memorising the formulas and equations and practise them in problems for better clarity. Instead of solving all the questions in the previous year’s question papers, knowing the formulas and equations and using them in a Maths problem can save time than solving hundreds of questions. For instance: Students can solve five questions with the same formula and understand how to solve the similar types.
A significant challenge students face during exam preparation is a distraction. Students must keep their mobile phones, laptops, and other physical objects away, affecting their concentration. Students must follow the study plan strictly and finish preparation within the allotted time.
Study Different Subjects Together
Instead of keeping an entire day for studying a specific subject, keeping multiple topics for study during the day can keep students motivated and interested for a long time. For instance: A student might feel bored after studying Science for 3 hours, but if a student studies Science, English and Biology for one hour each, the chances of demotivation reduce. This technique helps the students cover all the subjects within time without getting uninterested in a specific subject.
1. I will be appearing for NEET 2022 examination. How can I study fast and complete the syllabus?
If you want to study fast and complete the syllabus for NEET 2022 examination, here are the tips you should follow.
1. Highlight the essential topics in the book or class notes for fast learning.
2. Start studying from NCERT books for complete and strategic NEET 2022 preparation.
3. Make pointers on the crucial facts and figures for quick revision.
4. Solve previous year’s question papers to check your preparation and cover all the essential topics.
5. Understand the NEET 2022 exam pattern and study accordingly.
2. Will taking breaks in between studies help me complete my syllabus on time?
Yes, taking breaks between studies increases the student’s concentration power and helps better retain the information. While not taking breaks during the study is common for most students to complete the syllabus on time, it is not the right approach for adequate preparation. It causes fatigue, and students might lose interest during the preparation. So, taking breaks is vital as it acts as a stress buster, refreshes the mind, and improves the focus ability.
3. How many hours should I study every day to complete the JEE 2022 syllabus on time?
There is no hard and fast rule when it comes to hours of studying. Depending on the time you need to prepare a topic, you can study for eight or two hours. But the ideal time is four or five hours. You should try to study every day and complete each topic in four or five hours. If you are not regular in your studies, you might need to give six or more on the days you plan to cover the JEE 2022 syllabus.
4. How can I relieve examination stress and complete the syllabus on time?
There are many ways to relieve the examination stress and complete the syllabus on time. The following are some effective ones:
1. Go for short walks to de-clog and de-stress your mind. Walking prevents anxiety and stress and rejuvenates the brain.
2. Take power naps to improve cognitive ability and the mind’s capability to retain information.
3. Try breathing exercises to eliminate stress and improve productivity.
4. Believe and keep yourself motivated to relieve examination stress.
5. Set small and realistic goals every day to achieve them quickly and prevent stress.
5. How can I concentrate on my studies for a long time without distractions?
Keeping the focus intact for a long time during the studies can be challenging. But with the correct techniques, you can solve this problem. Follow the tips below to learn effective ways to concentrate on your studies for a long time without distractions.
1. Study in a quiet place, such as a library or a private room.
2. Gather and keep all the study materials within arm’s reach to avoid getting distracted from retrieving your things.
3. Keep all the gadgets away that cause distraction.
4. Make a habit of sticking to the routine every time you study.
5. Set small study goals and try to accomplish them every day.
6. How can I memorise Mathematics formulas quickly?
Mathematics formulas are essential to remember to bring accurate solutions to a problem in the examination. But they come in a vast number and can be challenging to memorise. The following tips will help you remember the Mathematics formula efficiently.
1. Understand the logic behind the formula to remember it better.
2. Keep writing the formulas unless you retain them. The more you write, the better you will remember.
3. Solve questions based on the formulas for better clarity.
To summarise, class 11, 12, and 12 pass out candidates can complete the examination syllabus on time and get rid of the concerns related to incomplete preparation with the NEET, JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2022 preparation tips mentioned above. These recommendations will help increase students’ productivity and prevent stress before the JEE or NEET examinations. It will help a student effectively manage time and prepare for all the subjects without deprioritising any topic.