With 66 central universities engaging in the National Testing Agency (NTA) CUET 2022 examination, the competition is immense. Many students aspire to complete their UG, integrated, and PG courses from the top central universities and make promising careers.
Also SEE: CUET 2022 Guidelines
The number of CUET application form submissions in 2022 is higher than the number of seats. It is essential to have strategic preparation to beat other students in the race.
The CUET NTA 2022 examination has four sections. The two segments of section 1 (1A and 1B) comprise the language test, section 2 deals with a domain-specific subject, and section 3 is the general test. While the first two sections are manageable, the general test can be a tricky segment to crack.
The general test section examines the student’s knowledge of current affairs and general awareness. Since questions can come from any newspaper report, unfamiliarity is higher. With proper strategy and planning, students can crack the CUET 2022 general test segment with good marks. Keep reading to learn the tips, tricks and strategies to excel in the CUET 2022 general test.
Quantitative Reasoning Preparation
As discussed earlier, the quantitative reasoning section analyses the student’s ability to derive a conclusion through appropriate reasoning. The mathematics level needed to solve the questions in this section is similar to that of school level mathematics. The following are some of the tips for adequate quantitative reasoning preparation.
- The best way to get good marks in the quantitative reasoning section is by practising. Practice makes a man perfect. Students must solve 40-50 questions each day from this section to develop their reasoning skills. After completing each topic, solving CUET mock test questions will help students understand where their preparation stands.
- Candidates must analyse the mistakes from the problems solved, determine their strengths and weaknesses, and work on them to clarify the concepts. Making a note of the errors and revising them will help students master the complex concepts.
- Since important questions appear from the cubes and squares of the numbers section, students must be well-versed with this sub-topic.
- Students must improve the calculation speed to answer more questions in less time.
- Studying the formulas and equations is essential to ace the quantitative reasoning section. To solve the questions based on these formulas, students must know the basic BODMAS, multiplication tables, percentages, and simplification formulas.
Logical and Analytical Preparation
In this section, the student’s logical and analytical skills are analysed. According to the CUET 2022 exam pattern, the maximum questions in the logical and analytical parts are concept-based. Below are the ways how a student can prepare for this section.
- Students must practice the logical and analytical questions from the classification, verbal reasoning, analogy, logical Venn diagrams, mathematical operations, sitting arrangements, letter and symbol series, alphabet test, time and ranking sequence test, number, and insert the missing character section.
- Solve 40-50 questions from the puzzles section and analyse the weak areas.
- Practise questions from difficult topics to analyse their preparation for the general test.
- Solve the newspaper and online portals puzzles to brace up their logical and analytical skills.
- Check the right solutions for each mistake and learn to master the weak areas.
- Study the inequalities and syllogisms topic as they are likely to come from logical and analytical topics.
- Solve the NCERT Solutions for Class 12 questions for adequate logical and analytical preparation.
- If finding the correct answer is difficult, students must determine the wrong answers. For instance: Students can find the wrong answers from the choices given and eliminate them to get a single correct answer.
- Appear for the mock tests and familiarise themselves with the logical and analytical questions that might appear in the general test.
- Revise the key concepts before sitting for the examination.
- Practise the Class 10 previous year’s question paper to understand the problems that can appear in the logical and analytical sections.
Watch our video on Last Minute Preparation Tips & Tricks for CUET 2022 | CUET Exam Taking Strategy | Aakash BYJU’S
General Knowledge Preparation
A significant portion of the CUET 2022 section 3 – general test comes from the general knowledge section. It is vital to have general awareness and knowledge outside the curriculum. Students must start preparing for this segment when the CUET application form 2022 is submitted. The following are ways to prepare for the general knowledge section and get excellent scores.
- The best way to get brilliant marks in the general knowledge segment of the CUET 2022 section 3 – general test is by reading. Students must read journals, books, newspapers, and magazines (online or offline) to enhance their general knowledge. Studying these documents every day is crucial to developing general awareness and knowledge.
- Another way to develop general awareness is through socialising. Discussing social topics with peers and acquaintances can help applicants understand the vital issues that are going on in and around the country.
- Making notes of everything can help candidates remember the key issues better and revise before the examination.
- Students must know Indian history, science and technology, important days, books and authors, countries and capitals, general polity, inventions and discoveries, awards and honours, sports, and Indian National Movement topics to efficiently cover the general knowledge topics.
Numerical Ability Preparation
The authorities conduct the numerical ability test to understand the student’s mathematical ability and competency level while solving numerical questions. They analyse the student’s ability to read number sequences and identify important data from multiple texts. Here are some tips students can follow to get good scores in the numerical ability section and prove their numerical skills to the authorities.
- The best way to effective CUET preparation is to make and study according to a timetable. Students must allocate a fixed time for solving questions from this section every day to keep up with the numerical ability preparation.
- Students must practice the common questions that appear in the CUET 2022 examination from the non-verbal series, analogies, analytical reasoning, mirror and water images, statement and argument, coding and decoding, direction test, judgement and reasoning, blood relations, statement and conclusion, analogies, and classification topics to cover the numerical ability syllabus.
- Students must incorporate the numerical ability concepts in practical or daily life situations to enhance their preparation.
- Applicants must solve mock tests and questions in the NCERT books to better prepare for the numerical ability section.
Current Affairs Preparation
Questions related to current affairs are common in the CUET 2022 section 3 – general test section. Students must stay up-to-date with the events happening nationwide to answer all the current-affair-related questions. The following are some essential ways to prepare effectively for current affairs questions.
- Students must watch the news every day to stay familiar with the incidents happening around the country. Students must familiarize themselves with national and international defence, art and culture, important events and science and technology-related current affairs.
- It is important to stay aware of all the news and events that occurred one year before the examination date.
- Applicants must participate in quiz contests to check their preparation. There are many online portals that host quizzes related to current affairs. Students can take the quiz sessions to see how well prepared they are.
- Students must Analyse the wrong answers and gain insights into the correct answer to upscale the current affairs preparation.
The CUET 2022 section 3 – general test syllabus is vast and complex. It is important to know every aspect of the CUET syllabus to ace this section with good marks. Although passing the general test section might seem challenging, it is not impossible.
FAQs on CUET 2022 Exam
1. I am planning to sit for the CUET 2022 Test. What books should I refer to for the CUET 2022 section 3 – general test?
You can refer to many books for the effective CUET 2022 general test preparation. The following is a list of some of the important ones you can study to crack the examination and get your name enlisted in the CUET 2022 Result qualified students list.
1. General knowledge 2022 by Manohar Pandey
2. A new approach to reasoning – verbal, non-verbal & analytical by BS Sijwali & Indu Sijwali
3. A modern approach to verbal & non-verbal reasoning by Dr RS Aggarwal
4. Fast track objective arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
5. Quantitative aptitude for competitive examinations by RS Aggarwal
2. How are the scores calculated in the CUET 2022 section 3 – general test?
Each question from the CUET 2022 section 3 – general test carries five marks. One mark is deducted for every wrong answer, and 0 marks are awarded for no answers. A total of 75 questions are asked, and 60 minutes are allotted to complete this segment. Students need to answer 60 questions out of 75. The final CUET result gets calculated out of 300. Students must aim to get 25 questions correct to qualify for the general test.
3. What is the nature of the questions asked in the CUET 2022 section 3 – general test?
The nature of the questions asked in the CUET 2022 section 3 – general test is objective-type questions. No subjective or descriptive-type questions are asked in the general test section. Students will get multiple answer choices for each question. Students need to find the correct answer for each question from the given options through proper reasoning. The applicant must answer each question in 60 seconds.
4. Is it possible to prepare for the CUET 2022 section 3 – general test section in one month?
Yes, it is possible to prepare for the CUET 2022 section 3 – general test one month before the CUET 2022 exam date through proper smart study and preparation. To do so, students must create a timetable and allot a specific time for each topic of the general test section. Students must give a minimum of 8 hours every day for a month for the CUET 2022 section 3 – general test preparation post-CUET registration 2022.
5. Can NCERT Solutions aid in effective CUET NTA 2022 section 3 – general test preparation?
Yes, NCERT Solutions cover all the essential topics for the CUET 2022 syllabus of section 3 – general test. Thus, students must study the NCERT books to clarify the important concepts required to answer the CUET 2022 section 3 – general test problems. Within the NCERT books, students will get logical, aptitude, general knowledge, reasoning, quantitative questions, and problem-solving questions vital for the CUET 2022 examination. Through NCERT preparation, students can get their names within the final CUET result list.
6. Is it mandatory to appear for the CUET section 3 2022 general test Section?
Yes, appearing for the CUET 2022 Section – general test is compulsory for all the candidates. The CUET examination has four segments – sections 1A and 1B (language test), Section 2 (domain-specific test), and section 3 (general test). All three sections are essential and compulsory to meet the CUET cutoff for the 2022 examination and enrol in one of the top central universities to complete UG, PG, and integrated courses.
So, these are the tips and tricks to solve the CUET 2022 section 3 – general test questions and achieve good marks from this section. Students can refer to the section-wise preparation strategies to ace the CUET 2022 examination with flying colors. After CUET registration, students can follow these tips to brace up their preparation for the CUET 2022 section 3 – general test. These pointers will assist students in strengthening their fundamental competencies to crack and outperform their opponents in the CUET 2022 general test section examination.