The Second Term of CBSE Class 12th Exams comprises subjective-type questions that account for 50 percent of the total marks. Therefore, it is equally essential for students to develop an effective study plan and strategy to score high marks. Furthermore, the Second Term Physics, Science, and Maths exams cover most topics that may appear in many critical competitive exams like the NEET 2022, JEE 2022, CUCET 2022, and KVPY exam. Therefore, preparing for Class 12th Term 2 exams with a set plan gives an excellent start to students who want to sit for competitive exams.
|Table of Contents|
|Things To Do For Class 12th Term 2 Exams|
|Things To Avoid During Class 12th Term 2 Exam Preparation|
|Biggest Do – Go Through the Syllabus and Resources|
Things To Do For Class 12th Term 2 Exams
Several things can benefit students when preparing for the CBSE Class 12th Term 2 exams. Following these suggestions can help students score high marks in their Class 12th Term 2 examinations.
- Create a Study Timetable: Creating a timetable helps students balance their subjects while prioritising subjects they want to pursue in the future. For example, students aiming to sit for the NEET UG 2022 examination can allot additional time to Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. Students can easily cover all topics with spare time for revisions with a set timetable. Also, adding short breaks in-between can help students relax and increase concentration.
- Organise Your Materials: Preparing your study materials beforehand can save much time. Also, students should be decisive about which materials they want to use. Referring to multiple sources can take up more time and create confusion. Therefore, narrow down your references to those that provide a clear explanation for essential topics.
- Practice and Mock Exams: Students need to evaluate their understanding of the topics in addition to studying. They can solve NEET Previous Year Question Paper which covers Biology, Chemistry, and Physics topics. They can also challenge themselves with mock exams. Repeatedly practising and giving mock tests improves retention and strengthens the foundation.
- Set Goals: Setting study goals for each day can make your study plan productive. Students can set personal goals such as completing the previous year’s test papers and completing topics to keep themselves motivated. Through this method, they can track their progress and optimise their study plan.
- Plan What’s Next: All students need to decide their future goals in due course. Students aspiring to pursue medical or engineering studies need to prepare themselves according to the NEET 2022 Syllabus and the JEE Main 2022 Syllabus. However, since the Class 12th syllabus includes topics for these competitive exams, students can aim for simultaneous preparation. Simultaneous preparation makes students well-versed in easy and challenging topics.
- Coaching Centres: Joining coaching centres can help students prepare for the Term 2 exams in a competitive environment. The coaching centres provide the benefit of study materials, reference guides, mock tests, and self-assessment exams. Moreover, students can benefit from doubt-clearing sessions in coaching centres.
Biggest Do – Go Through the Syllabus and Resources
The preparatory stage and study planning are crucial to scoring high marks in Class 12th Term 2 exams. Simultaneously, the Class 12th curriculum prepares students to crack competitive exams as they cover all topics in Class 12th exams. Therefore, students must clearly understand their syllabus and all topics.
Students can obtain the Term 2 syllabus from the following NCERT website link.
https://www.ncert.nic.in/rightside/links/syllabus.html. With the syllabus in hand, students should gather their study materials covering the CBSE Class 12th Term 2 syllabus.
NCERT books comprise all necessary Class 12 topics, making them an essential part
of the study plan. NCERT books are available on the NCERT website. Students can download chapter-wise pdfs or the entire book for free following the given steps.
- Go to https://ncert.nic.in/textbook.php
- Select Class XII from the Select Class drop-down list.
- Select the Subject
- Select the book title from the Books drop-down list.
- Download the necessary chapters or the complete book.
NCERT Students can also refer to NCERT solutions that provide clear and concise explanations for all important concepts of Physics, Maths, and Biology. Students can also refer to other resources and solutions.
|Physics||HC Verma Solutions|
|Maths||RD Sharma Solutions|
Things To Avoid During Class 12th Term 2 Exam Preparation
There are several things that can hinder a student’s progress. Therefore, students should avoid the following things to boost their productivity and concentration.
- Avoid Leisure Activities: Adding short study breaks can improve your concentration. However, frequent long breaks can decrease your concentration. So, avoid taking naps or indulging yourself in video games. Productive activities like light exercises or stretching can refresh the mind to reduce mental fatigue. Students can even use their study breaks to practice drawing diagrams.
- Do Not Isolate Yourself: Although it is crucial to focus on studies, isolating yourself can be unhealthy. During your Class 12 Term 2 exam preparation, communicate with your peers and teachers for doubt-solving. A balance between studies and social life will keep students energised and motivated.
- Do Not Overexert Yourself: Overexertion is a common mistake many students make. Spending excessive time on studies without respite can hinder exam preparations. Adopting the good habit of setting a routine for sleep can help students concentrate better. In addition to preventing mental fatigue, it is essential to avoid physical strain. Therefore, avoid screen time unless necessary. Referring to sources with comprehensive NCERT solutions can minimise unnecessary website surfing, giving your eyes respite.
- Depending on Selective Study: Taking the chance of selective study is risky and inefficient. Students should give equal attention to all topics with extra consideration for important concepts. Students that cover all topics find JEE, NEET, KVPY, and CUCET preparation easier.
- Do Not Be Overwhelmed With Competitive Exams: Students should not overwhelm themselves with the vast syllabus of competitive exams. Students can familiarise themselves with JEE, NEET, KVPY, and CUCET syllabi to understand the common topics.
- Not Clearing Doubts: Leaving doubts unresolved can hinder students from scoring high marks in Class 12th Term 2 exams. Moreover, with the NEET 2022 Exam Dates approaching fast, students may find it challenging to cope with the vast syllabus with unresolved doubts.
- Not Revising Topics: Students should not stop revising topics at any point in time. Taking the time to revise every topic can help students understand it better and resolve all doubts. Multiple revisions can strengthen the core concept of students and make them confident.
- Last Minute Revision: Revising topics at the last minute can leave students feeling more confused and unsure. It is better to revise regularly rather than the week before exams.
Class 12th Term 2 exams are highly significant for students, and it plays a vital role in deciding the future course of education. Based on the Class 12th Term 2 exams, students can analyse their performance and determine their possible options. Students come across topics and concepts in Class 12th that are relevant for CUCET and KVPY exams. In addition, for students who wish to pursue medical or engineering studies, Term 2 exams serve as a preparatory phase for NEET and JEE exams. Therefore, adopting good habits and planning can significantly motivate students and improve their results in the Class 12th Term 2 exams and upcoming entrance exams.
1. Which books are suitable for Class 12th Term 2 exam preparation?
CBSE Class 12th Term 2 curriculum is based on NCERT books. Following NCERT books and using NCERT Solutions are sufficient for exam preparation. Students preparing for competitive exams and Class 12th exams can use solution books from
- RS Aggarwal
- RD Sharma
- HC Verma
The NCERT website: https://ncert.nic.in/textbook.php offers free copies of NCERT textbooks in a pdf format. In addition, solution books are available in physical copies and pdf format on the Aakash website. Aakash’s website offers comprehensive study material comprising all essential Physics, Maths, Biology, and Maths concepts relevant to Class 12th examinations and competitive exams. NCERT books are available in a pdf format on the NCERT website https://ncert.nic.in/textbook.php
2. When should you start preparing for Class 12th Term 2 exams?
Starting preparations from the beginning of the Class 12th session is sufficient. However, students who are simultaneously preparing for JEE, NEET, or CUCET exams should start their preparations early. Class 12th Term 2 exams cover several important topics that require practice and revision. So, create a study plan that allows for plenty of time for multiple revision sessions. Students who are unsure about making a study plan can opt for coaching classes. The coaching classes can help students follow a set routine to cover all important topics for Class 12th Term 2 exams.
3. Are coaching classes beneficial for Class 12th Term 2 exam preparation?
Coaching classes can be incredibly beneficial for CBSE Class 12 students. Students can obtain various study materials for Term 2 exams and entrance exams. Coaching classes offer the following benefits:
- Study Material: Aakash coaching classes provide students with physical copies of study materials and reference materials. Students can find free pdf of NCERT solutions and other solutions like HC Verma and RD Sharma on the Aakash website.
- Classes: Coaching classes offer online and offline courses. Both courses provide one-on-one doubt resolving sessions to help students understand complex topics. Coaching classes strictly follow NCERT guidelines, making them suitable for CBSE Class 12 students.
- Mock Exams: Timely mock exams and practice tests are integral to coaching classes. Students can sit for the mock exams to assess their level of understanding and preparation.
- Self-practice: Coaching classes provide practice question papers based on the previous year’s question patterns and important topics for self-practice.
4. What topics should students focus on for Class 12th Term 2 exams?
Students need to cover the Class 12th Term 2 exams. However, there are crucial topics that students should undoubtedly cover and be thoroughly familiar with. Students can check the Aakash website, which provides a list of important topics from Physics, Biology, Maths, and Chemistry with a concise explanation in simple language. Covering the listed topics on https://www.aakash.ac.in/important-concepts can help students cover topics that may carry high marks in the exams. These topics are relevant for Class 12th Term 2 exams and other crucial entrance exams like the NEET and JEE.
5. How frequently should students sit for mock exams?
Class 12th Term 2 mock exams and revisions can help students improve their understanding of core concepts. Therefore, students should revise topics as frequently as possible. Mock exams on the Term 2 syllabus can help students think quicker during exams. Giving mock exams frequently helps students form answers reflexively, allowing them to complete the question paper quickly, leaving spare time for review. Moreover, mock exams can help students understand the question pattern and pick out the crucial topics of Term 2 exams.
6. Can students prepare for entrance exams with Class 12 Term 2 exams?
Important entrance exams like NEET, JEE, and CUCET have an NCERT-based syllabus like the Class 12th Term 2 exams. Therefore, it is good to prepare for NEET, JEE, and CUCET while studying for Class 12th Term 2 exams. Students can use their NCERT books and solutions for Term 2 preparations and entrance exam preparations. The simplified explanation can help students obtain a clear idea of concepts. Moreover, many of the important topics appearing in Term 2 exams are likely to appear for NEET, JEE, and CUCET.