Central Board of Secondary Education has successfully conducted the CBSE Class 10 Social Science Exam on March 15, 2023. As per experts and student reactions, the CBSE 10th Social Science question paper was moderate. Experts have also suggested that the question paper was similar to the sample papers provided by CBSE. CBSE conducted the Class 10 Social Science exam from 10:30 AM to 1:30 PM, giving students a total of three hours to attempt the paper. Apart from this, candidates were given an additional 15 minutes to go through the question paper.
CBSE Class 10 Social Science 2023 – Expert and Teacher reactions
Experts and teachers have also agreed that the question paper was moderate. Teachers, however, stated that the language of the paper was tricky but overall, the exam question paper was a student-friendly one. The exam pattern and difficulty level were matching with the sample paper that was provided by CBSE. Set 1 and 2 were according to the sample paper but in Set 3, History was of 15 marks instead of 20. According to the students, they were able to complete the paper within the given time.
CBSE Class 10 Social Science 2023: Exam Highlights
- The language of the question paper was a bit tricky but proper reading of the question will make it accessible for the students.
- Overall the paper was easy to moderate and doable within given time.
- The questions were based on the pattern shared by CBSE in Sample Paper
- Equal weightage was given to History, Geography, Political Science, and Economics
- Section –A, MCQ Questions were easy to moderate
- Section-B, Very Short answer questions were factual
- Section –C, Short answer questions were understanding based
- Section- D, Long answer type questions were explanatory
- Section- E, Case based/ Source based questions required a thorough understanding of the chapter
- Section- F, Map-based questions were easy
- Overall, students were quite satisfied with Social Science Board Exams
- If students had revised their NCERT texts thoroughly, they would score well
CBSE Class 12 Social Science Section Wise Analysis
Section A of the question paper consisted of objective-type questions with a blend of direct and tricky questions. This Section focused on competency-based questions as well. This Section is a blend of Assertion reason, that match the following types of questions.
Section B of the question paper was easy and focused more on direct questions.
This section is a blend of both theoretical and application-based questions.
This section consisted of analytical questions.
This section consisted of 3 Case-based questions which were of moderate level.
This section consisted of two map works from History and three map work from Geography.
Overall, it was an easy paper with more competency-based questions.
Leave a Reply