The CBSE Exams 2023 for Classes 10 and 12 started on 27th February. The students who want to improve their overall percentage in the CBSE Class 10 Board Exams 2023 should focus on scoring high marks in English. Students who have thoroughly read each chapter of their NCERT Class 10 English textbook, and practiced the writing, and grammar parts are sure to score well in the CBSE Class 10 English Exam.
CBSE Class 10 English Exam 2023 Key Highlights
|Board||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Subject||English (Language & Literature)|
|Date||February 27, 2023|
|Time||10.30 AM to 01.30 PM|
|Difficulty level||Easy but Lengthy|
The difficulty level of the paper was considered to be easy. Most of the questions were based on logical & conceptual understanding, especially for the literature and writing part. Reading comprehension 1 and 2 were seen to be moderately difficult.
Type of Questions asked in CBSE Class 10 English (Language & Literature) Exam 2023
The CBSE Class 10 English Exam 2023 was for 80 marks and had to be attempted within 3 hours.
The paper was divided into three sections:
- Section A: Reading Skills (20 marks)
- Section B: Grammar and Writing Skills (20 marks)
- Section C: Literature (40 marks)
Highlights of the Exam:
- Overall the paper was quite easy and doable within 3 hours.
- The questions were as per the pattern shared by CBSE in Sample Paper.
- The first section of Reading Comprehension carried two passages with mostly direct information based VSAs & MCQs, a few inference based questions and 3-4 vocabulary based questions, including questions based on analogy.
- The writing section comprised a pie-chart based analytical paragraph, an argumentative paragraph based on clues, a letter of complaint and a letter to the Editor. Grammar section comprised questions based on reported speech, editing and gap-filling questions based on modals and tenses. The students found the grammar section quite simple and easy to attempt.
- In the literature section, the short answers were quite direct in nature, mostly similar to previous years’ board exam papers. The two long answers were based on thematic learnings from chapters ‘Nelson Mandela – Long Walk to Freedom’, ‘The Thief’s Story’, ‘The Sermon at Benares’, and ‘The Necklace’.
- Overall, students were quite satisfied with English Board Exam as it didn’t have any ambiguity or confusing questions.
- If students had revised their NCERT texts thoroughly, they would be able to easily score above 95%, keeping a check on their expression and accuracy while writing answers.
Overall, the students were quite satisfied with the Class 10 English paper. All those students who had revised their NCERT texts thoroughly would be able to easily score above 90%, keeping a check on their expression and accuracy while writing the answers.
What is the passing marks in English Class 10?
As Per The CBSE Board, a student must score a minimum of 33 per cent marks to pass in CBSE Class 10th English Examination.
Was Class 10 English exam tough?
As per students and teachers, the Class 10 CBSE English Paper was moderately easy but the Reading Section was a little tricky and lengthy.