The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducted the Class 10 English term-1 board exam on November 11. The exam was conducted in the MCQ format and candidates were given a time of 90 minutes to complete the exam. This was the last and final term 1 exam for CBSE Class 10. The difficulty level of the paper was considered to be moderate. Most of the questions were based on logical & conceptual understanding, especially for the literature and writing part. Reading comprehension 1 and 2 were seen to be moderately difficult.
Detailed analysis of the Exam:
CBSE Class 10 Term 2 English Paper 2022: Exam Paper Analysis, Marking Scheme & Question Paper PDF
Highlights of the Exam:
- Questions were similar to the sample paper issued by CBSE
- Assertion and Reasoning were mainly of moderate to difficult level
- True and False questions were of moderate to difficult level
- Moderate to difficult questions were implied ideas based which required careful reading of a given extract
- There were a few literature questions that had very close distractors. Writing skill questions were a mix of a letter to the Editor and a letter of Complaint. Such questions had put some confusion for students
- Also, there were a few grammatical errors in the literature portion as well. Therefore, the options were quite confusing and required careful elimination to choose the correct answer.
- Question 8 in the reading comprehension section and Question 44 in the Literature section had more than one correct answer as per the given options.
- Overall, out of a total of 50 questions, if chosen wisely, it is possible for a student to easily get 35 to 40 questions right.
Here’s a complete Exam Analysis.
Overall the CBSE Class 10 English exam was moderate. Most of the questions were within the syllabus and were similar to the questions asked in the CBSE sample papers. However, some questions were tricky or had grammatical issues or confusing answers which required special attention. In all students were satisfied and are expecting a good score.
Leave a Reply