While it might seem overwhelming to learn the Maths formulae, practise problems, and memorise the key concepts, doing so is essential to get good marks in school examinations and even during competitive examinations like JEE 2022. But many students find it difficult to retain the formulae and solve the sums, resulting in low scores during the test.
To deal with this problem, parents can follow certain strategies to help their children improve their mathematics skills and regain confidence in the subject outside classroom learning. If a child has a strong command of Mathematics, they can crack the competitive examinations and get into their dream jobs seamlessly.
Importance of Knowing How to Solve Maths Problems
The application of Maths is immense in everyday life. Without Maths, a student will fall behind in any field or profession. Maths helps a student in the following ways.
- It helps develop the creative and analytical skills of the students.
- A student learns to apply Maths to real-life problems.
- The problem-solving skills of the students get enhanced.
- Mathematics opens up new career opportunities.
- It boosts the critical and logical thinking of a student.
5 Tips to Help Your Child With Maths at Home
When it comes to Maths, apart from school guidance, children might need extra support to get better in the subject. Even though there are multiple ways to assist children in their learning, the following are some effective tips to help your child develop Mathematical skills in the comfort of their home.
1. Make Use of Online Resources
With everything getting digital nowadays, you can make the best use of it by enrolling your children in a reputed coaching centre and giving them access to online classes. That being said, you can register them at Aakash institute, where children will learn online at the convenience of their homes. The teachers at Aakash coaching centre are well experienced in their fields and help students deal with examination challenges strategically.
You can find Aakash coaching institute near you and register your student’s name to make them a part of the Aakash institute family. They will get the following benefits on enrolment.
- The institute provides question banks to assist in the children’s study.
- The subject experts provide high-quality study material for students’ effective preparation.
- They conduct doubt sessions to clear the concepts of students.
- The motivational sessions are also organised to boost students’ preparation for the school examinations and JEE and help them get their name in the JEE Main AIR rankings.
- The students can take up weekday or weekend classes at their convenience.
2. Help Your Children Learn The Techniques Of Solving Maths Problems
Whether you wish to prepare them for the Class 6-12 examination, JEE Main 2022, or other competitive examinations, students might find it difficult to solve complex Maths problems. You can aid them in solving those Maths problems with the help of NCERT solutions. The NCERT solutions have easy explanations of the topic, examples, and exercises to help the student prepare effectively for the test.
Aakash coaching centre provides free NCERT solutions for classes 6-12 to help students lay a strong foundation for competitive tests like JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2022 and high school Maths preparation. The NCERT solutions have chapter-wise simple explanations of the topics and questions related to each chapter of the Maths syllabus. You can help your children understand the topic and teach them strategic ways to memorise the formula and solve all the questions seamlessly.
- Make your children read the problem repeatedly.
- Tell or show them the step-by-step ways to solve the problem.
- Make them understand the procedure and solve the problem on their own.
- Check the answers and assess their weak areas.
- Make them solve more questions related to the weaker concepts until they master them.
NCERT solutions by Aakash’s faculty are easily accessible on the official website. You can download the pdf online and build your children’s Maths concept by making them refer to the content material.
3. Make Your Children Practise Maths Every Day
Acing in the Maths subject requires daily practise. A student cannot get good marks in the examination just by memorising the formulae. Practical implementation of the sums is vital to getting good scores.
- Whether your child is planning to sit for a school examination or a competitive examination like JEE, creating a timetable can help students organise their studies and grasp the Maths concepts seamlessly. You can help your children make an academic calendar and allot a certain time for Maths practise every day.
- Allow sufficient practice time for each topic in the Maths syllabus.
- If a topic requires more practice than the others, change the timetable accordingly.
- Once done with the syllabus, give them time to practise Maths from the previous year’s question papers. By solving the JEE Main and JEE Advanced previous year question papers daily, your children will understand the important questions for the upcoming competitive test and strengthen their foundation through repeated practise.
- Make them solve examples from the textbook and reference books. Tally the answers to check how well prepared they are. If your child feels stuck midway, let them study the examples again and solve the problem independently.
4. Let Your Children Learn the Maths Concepts at Their Pace
While learning new concepts, do not pressurise your child to finish it in a specific time. If an idaea is understood faster, they might not be able to retain it for a long time. Slow learning helps to retain the information and store knowledge in the student’s memory for a long time. It also helps to reduce stress while learning.
Once they gain mastery over the concept, they’ll be able to solve a question at a quicker pace. This will eventually increase the student’s Maths solving speed, and they’ll be able to finish the paper on time. Till then, you can let them understand the formulae and examples from the textbook at their own pace.
5. Understand Your Children’s Strengths and Weaknesses
Every student is different and has their strengths and weaknesses. While one might find a specific topic easier than the rest, the other student might discover that topic difficult to understand. Being a parent, you must understand which issues are difficult for your child to comprehend and take steps to solve them.
Once familiar with their weaknesses, you can motivate them and teach the concepts in the form of a chart or drawing. This way, students will understand the topic better and learn to tackle their weaknesses. For well-versed topics or areas of strength, you can let them solve problems daily to get all the questions right from the portions they are confident in during the examination.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the basic Math skills that a child must know?
The basic Maths skills that a child must be aware of are
- Solving a variable
- Visual representation of data.
These skills are important to crack competitive examinations and get good high school scores. A student must master these skills to get their dream job since these skills are required in many workplaces. It is also needed in daily life applications like managing money, measuring quantity while cooking, and figuring out time and distance for travel.
2. What is the best way to improve Maths preparation for competitive examinations?
The best way to prepare to improve Maths for competitive examinations is as follows:
- Students must keep a list of important formulas while studying their textbooks and the important chapters of the JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2022.
- A candidate should prepare the crucial topics first and keep the easiest ones for the last.
- Learning the multiplication tables, square roots, and cube roots are essential to speed up calculation during the test.
- Practising the sums daily is essential to understand the Maths topics for cracking competitive examinations.
3. How can I motivate my child to study Maths at home?
If your child doesn’t like to study Maths, you can follow the tips mentioned below to motivate them to study:
- Give rewards to your child for their efforts in studying. The prize will motivate them to learn more.
- Keep encouraging them about their progress in the subject.
- Understand their perspective and solve any problem they might have regarding a topic.
- Feel positive about the subject to inculcate positivity in your children’s minds and boost their interest.
- Teach them in a playful manner. This way, they will learn the concepts better and be encouraged to study more.
4. How can I make my child good at Maths?
The following are how you can make your child good in Maths:
- Make them learn Maths through practical implementation. For instance, teach them about fractional measurements like dividing or doubling cookie recipes.
- Teach them Maths through real-world examples. You can teach them how to calculate the restaurant’s bills, savings, net earnings, or tips.
- Motivate your child to use the Internet and make graphs, charts, spreadsheets, and maps online.
- Enrol their name for advanced courses in a good coaching centre to boost their preparation.
5. How can students learn Mathematics quickly?
A student can learn Maths quickly through the following ways:
- Students should practise the sums daily.
- A candidate must analyse their mistakes. Only when candidates know their weak areas can they improve in that subject.
- A student should ask for help when needed. They must ask their teacher to clear their concepts if there is a doubt.
- The candidate must know the number tricks to learn Maths easily and quickly.
- Students must break the question down while studying Maths problems to make them easier to solve.
6. How can I make my child smarter in Maths?
Make your children develop Mathematical skills through the following procedures:
- Motivate your child to solve Maths daily outside their school or coaching hours.
- Monitor your child’s Maths homework and analyse their weak and strong areas.
- Help them solve sums from weak areas to master those topics.
- Play Maths games at home like chess, dominos, monopoly, and chequers with your child to make them wiser.
- Make your children read books that involve logical reasoning or Maths.
- Convince your child to complete routine tasks like counting money from a school fundraiser, the cost of a purchase, and a tax return.
While it is not difficult to study Maths, it might be challenging to grasp some formulae and concepts. Maths is a major subject in Class 6-12, JEE Main 2022 syllabus and JEE Advanced 2022 syllabus. Therefore, students need to get good marks in this subject to pass all these examinations with a good score. Following the tips mentioned above can help your children overcome their Maths anxiety, get good marks on the test, and improve their Maths skills. Maths is a scoring subject, and if a student prepares the subject effectively, they can beat the other students and get their name through JEE Main and JEE Advanced AIR rankings.
Leave a Reply