Do you have a dream to be an engineer? And that to be from the best engineering institute? Then you must have to attempt the JEE Mains exam for this dream. And Physics is the main part of this exam.
Most students fear Physics because of its tough concepts and tricky numerical. In the JEE Mains exam, the Physics section involves application-based questions but with a level of difficulty. To crack JEE Mains in one go, you need to grasp the basic concepts of Physics from the very beginning of Class 11.
- JEE Main Question Paper Analysis 2022
- JEE Main 2022 Day 2 Exam Analysis
- JEE Main 2022 Exam Live Updates
In this article, you will be able to know about the important tips to work on while making notes for the JEE Mains Physics section.
|Table Of Contents|
|JEE Mains Exam Pattern|
|JEE Mains Physics Syllabus|
|Notes Making Tips For JEE Mains Physics Section|
Although the tips mentioned here are not taking surety to help you with cracking JEE Mains exam, they will increase your probability of success. After all, lakhs of students participate in this exam, and a vast syllabus makes it hard to predict. Still, this article will help you in many ways.
Have a look.
JEE Mains Exam Pattern
To know about the JEE Mains exam syllabus and exam pattern before starting preparations is the most basic and first tip for cracking the exam. The exam pattern helps you understand many points like the number of sections and questions, marking schemes, exam duration, weightage of each section, etc.
JEE Mains exam pattern is given below
|Course||B. E. / B. Tech.|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, & Mathematics|
|Types of Questions||MCQs and Numerical-based Questions|
|Medium of Exam||English, Hindi, & other languages|
|Marking Scheme||(+4) for every correct answer, (-1) for every incorrect answer, & (0) for every unattempted answer|
JEE Mains Physics Syllabus
In the JEE Mains exam, the weightage of the Physics portion is 100 marks in total. Out of 30 questions, you need to attempt 25 questions. According to weightage, the Physics syllabus for JEE Mains exam is given below:
|High Weightage Topics:
|Low Weightage Topics:
Notes Making Tips For JEE Mains Physics Section
The first thing you should remember is to use different books or online platforms while taking notes. Different books or online platforms give you a chance to get a deep perspective on a topic and understand it more thoroughly.
Here are some useful tips that will help you in making JEE Mains Physics section’s notes:
Watch our video: Learn with the Best JEE Experts – JEE Mission 2022
Draw out your solitary notes
Writing notes in your language is the most simple way to make them effective. You can make notes in any way that you find most suitable and understandable. You can choose any language to write them, i.e., Hindi, English, Hindi+English, or any other you like.
If possible, prepare your notes on the loose sheets and arrange them properly by mentioning the date, topic name, page number, headings, subheadings, etc. In this way, you will be able to revise the desired topic easily in the final days. Remember, mention only vital points in your notes and avoid unnecessarily or not-so-important topics.
Subject-wise JEE Preparation Tips
JEE Mains in 30 Days: 1 Month Preparation Plan For Every JEE Main 2022 Aspirant
How to Prepare for JEE Main 2022? Top 5 Tips to Crack the exam
Do not run to make notes for the first time reading
When you study any topic, do not try to make notes simultaneously. You have to understand that the first time reading, you cannot differentiate between important and unimportant topics. Study it properly for the first time and identify the important terms and topics. Highlight them all, and then read one topic after another again while writing the useful terms in your sheets.
For the first time reading, solely concentrate on learning only rather than writing. For writing, you have to read the topics 2-3 times. These all help you in revising your preparations thoroughly.
Visual Story: JEE Main Revision Plan
How To Revise the Complete JEE Main Syllabus Before the Exam
Highlight the important points or terms
Take your full time to understand the topics, and after that, what you think is important, the highlight in the books. Later on, write down your language on the sheets with coloured pens or sketches.
This tip is completely based on your preference and understanding. It is possible that what you find important, others do not think the same. Also, do not try to copy the same text in your notes. Convert them into your preferred language.
Also see: JEE Main Physics Chapter-wise Important Questions
Make a list of your weak topics and mistakes
Solve sample papers, previous years’ papers, and JEE Mains mock tests as much as possible. They all help you in tracking your weak spots and mistakes. After that, make a separate notebook to write down all your weak points and mistakes. Then, try to overcome them.
This collection helps you learn more, and then you will be able not to repeat these mistakes in the final exam. There are many examples and exercise questions available in the books that can help you gain more experience and topic-wise understanding. You have to work on them also. In this way, you will be able to gain time management and problem-solving skills.
Watch free video lectures
Video lectures help you in solving your queries in the simplest ways. You can watch free video lectures provided by NTA. They are delivered by experts of IITs and provide you assistance with the JEE Mains preparation.
NTA has offered free content-based video lectures to help all those students who cannot afford to join coaching centres. There are 188 lectures available on NTA’s main website, with 50-60 minutes of each lecture. You can also watch YouTube videos for learning Physics concepts.
Use abbreviations, short forms, or mnemonics
Write your notes in the easiest language that is most convenient for you. Try to maintain a minimum word limit. And include short forms, abbreviations, or mnemonics in your notes.
These help you in shaping your notes into a catchy style. Shortcuts and mnemonics always help in memorising the difficult terms with ease. You can also recall the final days with the least time. You can also use visual aids to form them most interestingly and appropriately. Make use of flashcards to memorise Physics formulae and theorems.
As the JEE Mains exam is a PAN-India exam, the difficulty level is also high every time. It checks the aspirants’ critical thinking, time management, and problem-solving skills. Hence, it is needed to create these skills while preparing for the exam. Note making is one of the best tips to build these skills easily and conveniently.
The tips mentioned in the above article are enough to help you prepare the JEE Mains Physics syllabus and help you utilize your time in the best way possible. It is advised not to delay your preparations and not take JEE Mains lightly if you wish to enrol in the best engineering institutes.
FAQs about JEE Main Physics
Here are some frequently asked questions related to JEE Mains Physics part:
1. How can short notes and flashcards be useful for preparing JEE Mains Physics notes?
Preparing short notes and flashcards is a good tactic for JEE Mains Physics preparations. It allows you to cover the whole syllabus with minimum words. With the help of short notes and flashcards, you can revise the topics at the last juncture without opening the books.
You can use flashcards to make notes of difficult topics or write formulae on flashcards. This method helps you sort out things with just one glance during the final period.
2. What are the best books to prepare notes for JEE Mains Physics?
The best books to prepare JEE Mains Physics notes are given below:
- Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma – This book is useful for preparing Optics, Mechanics, Electrostatics, Heat, Waves, and Modern Physics topics.
- Arihant Physics by D.C. Pandey – This book consists of many solved questions for practice.
- Problems in General Physics by I. E. Irodov – This book is useful for Electricity & Magnetism, Mechanics, and Modern Physics topics. There are high-level problems also in this book.
- NCERT Physics books – The NCERT textbooks are useful for fundamental concepts of Physics. There are also NCERT Physics Solutions for Class-11 & Class-12 and NCERT Exemplars.
- Fundamentals of Physics by Resnik, Halliday, & Walker – This book is good for Mechanics, Electricity & Magnetism, and Heat.
3. What tips should I follow to make revision notes for JEE Mains Physics?
The important tips to make revision notes for JEE Mains Physics are as follows:
- Make good use of visual aids while writing Physics concepts for JEE Mains exam preparations.
- Make your notes concise that are easy to recall.
- Add some conceptual questions to your notes. It will help you in memorising them easily.
- Do not make notes in the books or highlight the important terms in the books. Write your notes in separate sheets. It will be convenient and flexible to revise them at the last moment.
- Use different colours in writing notes. It helps you in highlighting the headings or terms. And also makes your notes catchy.
- Write the Physics formulae with different coloured pens. This colour-coding helps you memorise them and remember their way to use in numerical.
- Try to involve your classroom studies in your notes.
4. What topics must be included for JEE Mains Physics notes?
The must-be-included topics for JEE Mains Physics notes are given below:
This unit covers the major portion of the JEE Mains Physics section. Bohr’s model, Nuclear fusion & fission, The dual nature of matter, X-rays, and Radioactive decay of substances are the important topics from this unit.
Every year, almost four questions are involved in this unit. You can gain 16 marks from this unit alone in the JEE Mains Physics part.
Oscillation & Waves:
You can notice from the JEE Mains Previous Year question Papers that there were almost 3-4 questions from this unit every year. It is easy to memorise and one of the scoring units.
Huygens’ principle is one of the most important topics from this unit for the JEE Mains Physics section. This unit also includes 3-4 questions every year.
5. How can I make well-organized notes for JEE Mains Physics?
To make well-organized notes for the JEE Mains Physics part, you need to remember the following points:
- Divide your notes into small segments with headings, sub-sub headings, and points. It makes your notes easy to recall.
- Use appropriate book references in your notes when you find the topics quite lengthy to be included in notes.
- Use minimum words to describe the topics in your notes.
- If you use sheets to prepare notes, keep them in a sheets folder to avoid losing any.
- Maintain an index that includes the chapter names and topics involved with page numbers. It makes your notes easy to find the desired topic.
6. How to prepare for JEE Mains Physics?
To prepare JEE Mains Physics part, you need to follow the steps below:
- Create short notes and include important formulae in them.
- Read every question thoroughly before attempting it.
- Work diligently to attain accuracy and speed. More precisely, accuracy.
- Solve JEE Mains Mock Papers for learning problem-solving and time management skills.
- Divide the revision of topics into sections. For easy topics, revise them once a week, and for moderate topics, revise them every three days while revising difficult topics once a day.
- Try to solve full-length test papers in one go and then take the proper time to analyse them.
Leave a Reply