The students preparing for the JEE Main 2022 must know that the Chemistry subject is highly significant. In the Chemistry section of the JEE, students can score maximum marks. It is the easiest section among all three sections in the question paper.
Students can perform well in chemistry by studying the important topics for JEE Main 2022 Chemistry Syllabus. Notably, by knowing the chapter-wise weightage for JEE Chemistry, the student can decide which topic needs to be focused on more. The questions asked in the examination paper are mostly direct and based on key concepts. Some calculation-based questions are also there. Students should follow the JEE Main 2022 Revision Plan to ace JEE Main. Read the expert-curated chapter-wise Chemistry questions. These cover crucial topics like Thermodynamics, Atomic structure, S-Block Elements, Chemical Bonding, etc.
The JEE Main Chemistry section is divided into organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, and physical chemistry. These sections carry a significant weightage, but organic chemistry is the most scored in all of these. There is almost a constant weightage of organic chemistry every year. Here, chapter-wise important questions are divided into physical, inorganic, & organic chemistry.
Chapter-wise Important Questions in JEE Main Chemistry
Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- A 0.2 g quantity of an organic compound gave 0.188 g of AgBr via the Carius method to estimate halogens. Find the percentage of bromine in the compound.
- There is 3.45 g of sodium in 100 mL of Na3PO4 solution. What is the molarity of the solution?
Structure of Atom
- What number of electrons does Vanadium (Z = 23) have in p-orbitals?
- What is the ratio of radii of the first orbits of H, He+, and Li²?
- A charge equivalent to 1-mole N³-ion was passed through molten AlCl3. What will be the volume of Cl₂ evolved at the anode when measured at NTP?
- On increasing the pressure of H2 gas from 1 atm to 100 atm, and keeping the H+ concentration constant at 1M, what will be the change in reduction potential of hydrogen half cell at 25°.
Click Here to Register for JEE Main Mock Test 2022 by Aakash Byju’s
- The property of colloidal solutions that their particles are charged is used for:
(B) Delta formation
(C) Sewage disposal
(D) All of these
- Electric current is passed through a colloidal solution and in the arranged experiment so that only the dispersion medium moves. What is this phenomenon called?
- The combustion heat of solid benzoic acid (C7H6O2) at 27°C at a constant volume is 321.30kJ. What will be the combustion heat at constant pressure?
- The dissociation of energy of CH4 is 320 kcal/mol, and that of ethane is 520 kcal/mol. Find the C-C bond energy.
- The freezing point of 2 molal solutions of a weak acid HA is 3.885C. The degree of dissociation of this acid is ___10-3
- At a specific temperature, the vapour density of N2O4 is 30. Calculate percentage dissociation of N2O4 corresponding to this temperature?
Solid State & Surface Chemistry
- The density of solid argon is 1.65 g/ml at -233°C. As per an assumption that the sphere of the radius of the argon atom is 1.54 x 108 cm, calculate the percentage of solid argon which is empty.
- 50 ml of 1 M oxalic acid is shaken with 0.5 gm of wood charcoal. After absorption, the final concentration of the solution is 0.5 M. How much oxalic acid is absorbed per gm of charcoal?
- The relative lowering of the vapour pressure of an aqueous solution containing a non-volatile solute is 0.0125. Calculate the molality of the solution.
- Two solutions of a substance (non-electrolyte) are mixed in a specific manner. 480 ml of 1.5 M of solution A is mixed with 520 ml of 1.2 M of solution B. What will be the molarity of the final solution?
- The densities of neon and argon gas are in the ratio of 1:2. Besides, their temperatures are in the ratio of 2:1. Then, what will be the ratio of pressures of neon to the pressure of argon?
- A charge of 9650 coulombs is passed through the electroplating bath, during the electrolysis of an AgN03 solution. What is the mass of silver deposited on the cathode?
- Through a solution of CuS04, two Faraday of electricity is passed. What will be the mass of copper deposited at the cathode? (mass of Cu = 63.5)
Chemical Kinetics & Nuclear Chemistry
- With every 100 C rise in temperature, the rate of chemical reaction doubles. If the temperature is raised by 500 C, what will be the rate of the reaction?
- For the reaction A + 2B → C, rate is given by R = [A] [B]2. Then what is the order of the reaction?
Periodic Table & Periodicity
- Which of the following is least soluble in water
(A) BaSO4 (B) CaSO₁
(C) Na₂SO4 (D) MgSO4
- What should be the difference in the value of electronegativities for the formation of covalent bond:
(A) Equivalent to or less than 1.7
(B) Equivalent to or more than 7
(C) Above 1.7
Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
- What is the maximum number of H-Bonds in which water molecules can take part?
- Which of the following has the identical bond order as NO+ has?
O2- (b) CN+ (c) CN- (d) none of these
Click here for JEE Main 2022 Crash Course by Aakash Byju’s
Isolation of Elements
- Which of the following methods is opted for obtaining highly pure silicon that is used as a semiconductor material:
(b) Zone refining
- Gold is extracted by a hydrometallurgical process based on which the following property:
- of being less reactive
- of being electropositive
- of forming water-soluble complexes
- of forming water-soluble salts
- A specific amount of zinc is treated separately with an excess of sulphuric acid and an excess of sodium hydroxide. Identify the ratio of volumes of hydrogen evolved in both?
- Hydrogen will not reduce:
(a) Heated stannic oxide (c) Heated ferric oxide
(b) Heated cupric oxide (d) Heated aluminium oxide
Watch our video on Master Tips and Tricks for cracking JEE with Aakash Experts | JEEnius Series
- Which alkali metal chlorides are expected to have the highest melting point, as per lattice energy and other considerations?
- Which reagent is generally used to determine the hardness of water titrimetrically?
- When concentrated HNO3 is heated with phosphorus, the acid reduces to:
(A) NO (B) N₂O3 (C) N₂O₂ (D) NO₂
- An element with atomic number 82 belongs to which group number?
d and f Block Elements
- Which of the following compounds of transition elements has the maximum oxidation number?
(A) nitrite (B) sulphide (C) fluoride (D) chloride
- If the coordination number of [M²+] is four, how many moles of acetylacetonate anion are required for forming a stable complex?
- The C-O bond in carbon monoxide has a bond length of 1.128 A. Then, what is the C-O bond length in Fe(CO)?
- In 100 ml of 0.024 M solution of dichlorobis (ethylenediamine) cobalt (III) chloride, excess of AgNO3 solution is added. Calculate how many moles of AgCl will get precipitated.
- Which of the following is the most harmful to life on the earth?
(C) Soil erosion
(D) Nuclear fallout
- The lakes which contain an excess of nutritious substances are known as:
(a) Eutrophic Lakes
(b) Dead Lakes
(c) Polluted Lakes
(d) Green Lakes
Basics of Organic Chemistry
- The molecular formula of diphenylmethane is C13H12. How many structural isomers can be formed when replacing one of the hydrogens with a chlorine atom?
- The result of an SN2 reaction at an asymmetric carbon of a compound is always:
- a) a product with opposite rotation
- b) an enantiomer of the substrate.
- c) a mixture of diastereomers.
- d) a single stereoisomer.
- Find the number of possible enantiomeric pairs that can be produced during monochlorination of 2-methyl butane.
- An organic compound (A) comprises only C, H, and O atoms. When an individual reacts to the compound (A) with an excess of CH3MgI, one mole of it gives the gas (X), whose volume under STP conditions was calculated to be 67.2 litres. Find the number of hydroxyl groups in the compound (A).
Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- On heating chlorobenzene with chloral in the presence of concentrated sulphuric acid, which compound is produced?
- Alkyl halides react with dialkyl copper reagents to produce:
(C)alkyl copper halides
Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- A liquid X was mixed with ethanol and a drop of conc. H2SO4. A compound with a fruity smell was formed. What is the liquid X called?
- Which major product is produced on the interaction of phenol with sodium hydroxide and carbon dioxide?
Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Which compound does not liberate CO2 on treatment with an aqueous NaHCO3 solution?
- 2, 4-DNP test can be used to identify:
Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- The molecular mass of a certain nitrogenous compound is 180. After treatment with acetyl chloride, there is an increase in its molecular mass to 348. What is the number of possible – NH₂ groups in the molecule?
- When compound (A) is reacted with PCl5 and then with NH3, the result produced is (B). When (B) is treated with Br₂ and KOH, the result produced is (C). When (C) is treated with NaNO₂ and HCI at 0°C by boiling it with water, it forms o-cresol. What is Compound A?
- Diabetes is detected by testing the urine of patients with which reagent?
- What is the number of asymmetric carbon atoms present in α-D-glucopyranose molecules?
- Which polymer is used in manufacturing bulletproof glass?
- Which of the following monomers are used in the production of nylon-66:
- Ethylene glycol and Hexamethylenediamine
- Hexamethylenediamine and Adipic acid
- Ethylene glycol and Adipic acid
- Ethylene glycol and Dimethyl terephthalate
Check our visual story on These Tips will make your JEE Mains Preparation Easier
Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Aspirin is – (a) antipyretic (b) psychedelic (c) sedative (d) antibiotic
- Which therapy inhibits the further growth of cancerous cells in the body?
- Which test should be followed to segregate the mixture of amines from one another?
- Which element is present in the di-sodium pentacyanonitrosyl ferrate reagent when it gives purple colour?
Chemistry is undoubtedly a scoring subject. It is highly significant for the candidates to become well-versed with the concepts and formulas of chemistry to solve various types of questions asked in the Chemistry syllabus of JEE Main 2022. The chemistry section involves both theory and numerical questions. Notably, the difficulty level of the numerical questions is not very hard and can easily be done with a good understanding of formula applications.
By going through the chapter-wise important questions, the students can gain a better understanding of the Chemistry section of JEE 2022. Besides, students can read 10 last-minute preparation tips for JEE Main 2022.
10 Last-Minute Preparation Tips For JEE Main 2022 Aspirants
What do you need to Know to Succeed in JEE Main 2022?
How to Prepare for JEE Main 2022? Top 5 Tips to Crack the exam
JEE Mains in 30 Days: 1 Month Preparation Plan For Every JEE Main 2022 Aspirant
1. Which of the sections in JEE Chemistry Syllabus has the highest weightage?
The organic chemistry portion is the most essential for the preparation of the chemistry section in the JEE Main Syllabus. Every topic in the organic chemistry portion is significant. The questions in organic chemistry are not very difficult. It just demands clarity of basic concepts.
2. Is studying from the NCERT textbook sufficient for JEE Main Chemistry Portion?
In the JEE Main Chemistry section, around 80% of questions in the examination paper are asked by the NCERT, either directly or indirectly. If students have read NCERT sincerely, they can competently solve 65-70% of the questions.
3. Can the inorganic chemistry portion be skipped in JEE 2022 preparation?
The students are advised not to skip the inorganic chemistry portion. It will help the students in scoring good marks, as there are no numerical questions asked in inorganic chemistry, unlike the physical chemistry portion. Students have to memorise things, and if they have a sound memory, then they can easily score high in inorganic chemistry.
4. How to master the chemistry section of JEE 2022?
Students should focus more on the organic chemistry portion. Complete the important & easy to score chapters first. They should give enough time to important but tricky to understand chapters. Do daily revision. Students should go through things students need to know to succeed in JEE Main 2022.
Leave a Reply