With the recent update, the authorities have decided to remove certain chapters from the Science and Democratic Politics-I books. Students are very much concerned about whether these will be included in the final assessment or not. The NCERT officials stated “The recently deleted CBSE Class 10 topics will not be a part of the CBSE Class X board assessment for the 2023-24 session. Students are not required to prepare these deleted chapters/topics for Board Exam 2024.
The List of Deleted Chapters
Science Book: –
- Chapter 5: Periodic Classification of Elements
- Chapter 14: Sources of Energy
- Chapter 16: Sustainable Management of Natural Resources
Democratic Politics-I Book: –
- Chapter 5: Popular Struggles and Movement
- Chapter 6: Political Parties
- Chapter 8: Challenges to Democracy
Here are some of the Reasons for the Deletion of These Topics
- There was an overlap of content within the same class, covering material that was already addressed in other subjects.
- Similar content had already been covered in previous or subsequent classes for the same subject.
- The content that was deleted could be easily accessed by students without significant teacher intervention.
- Certain content had become irrelevant or outdated and needed to be removed.
- The chapters in question had already addressed the learning outcomes covered in other classes.
- A committee of experts recommended that certain aspects of social movements should be appropriately covered in the Sociology subject, as Chapter 1 of Class X’s Democratic Politics-II had already addressed some of those aspects.
The recent revision of the NCERT syllabus for Class 10th aims to enhance student’s learning experience and compensate for any potential loss of time. The modifications were implemented based on specific criteria to streamline the curriculum and reduce the number of content students are required to study, ultimately facilitating more effective learning. The syllabus has been made more focused and efficient, allowing students to concentrate on the most important topics. The aim is to ensure that students have a smoother learning experience and grasp essential concepts more easily.