Preparation for the CBSE class 12th exam involves various aspects. Students usually have their preparation methods which are developed eventually with time. Whatever the preparation method, one thing that creates for every student is the availability of a huge range of study materials. This confusion further increases when the subject considered is Mathematics.
Maths is a subject that requires a lot of practice to ace the exam. Solving various problems with different tricks and tackling every possible question is the only key to scoring well in this subject. It is necessary to refer to several books for a vast question bank. It is, however, important to choose the best reference books available in the market. Go through this article to ensure the best reference books for class 12th Maths term two exams.
CBSE class 12th Maths syllabus for Term 2 exam 2022
The CBSE class 12th syllabus has been separated into two terms: term 1 and term 2. While the term 1 exams for the CBSE class 12th have already been conducted, the term 2 exams are around the corner. Check the CBSE class 12th term 2 date sheet to keep track of your preparations.
The syllabus for the CBSE class 12th term 2 Maths syllabus includes three units comprising six chapters.
The first unit, ‘Calculus,’ has three chapters: Integrals, Application of Integrals, and Differential Calculus.
The second unit, ‘Vector and Three Dimensional Geometry,’ includes two chapters: Vector Algebra and Three Dimensional Geometry.
The third unit is all about ‘Probability‘.
Check the CBSE Class 12 Term 2: Maths Syllabus, Exam Pattern & Important Concepts for better understanding.
Best reference books for the CBSE class 12th term 2 Maths
It is needless to say that NCERT textbooks are best for preparing for the CBSE class 12th exams. Like all other subjects, it is true even in the case of Maths. Since solving numerous examples and knowing various methods for solving Maths problems plays an important role in scoring well in Maths, referring to books other than the NCERT textbook is important.
Solving mathematical problems from various reference books also helps students prepare for competitive exams like IIT JEE, AIEEE and other engineering-related exams. Here are a few reference books recommended to prepare for the CBSE class 12th term 2 Maths exam.
- R.S Aggarwal: R.S Aggarwal has been a favourite for years now. This book has been delivering the best content with maximum possible simplicity.
The book comes with ample problems without much repetition of the types. It comes with the easiest approach for solving the toughest of questions. The book is based on the current syllabus prescribed by the CBSE. Each chapter in the book ends with the previous year’s question papers and exercise questions.
Students should also check the R.S Aggarwal solutions.
- R.D Sharma: This reference book is way more different than R.S Aggarwal. Students who aim to excel in competitive exams are advised to refer to this book. R.D Sharma’s reference book covers a vast syllabus and explains the topics with the much-needed tricks to solve numerous problems that could be asked in board exams and exams like the JEE.
The unit Calculus is explained wonderfully in this book, and students must study Calculus from this book for better understanding.
Students must also refer to the R.D Sharma Solutions for better practice.
- M. L Khanna: This book is a complete package for students. It covers the entire syllabus with many problems for all types possible.
It may get irritating to see the same type of problems. However, it will also help students get familiar with each type of question.
Books that are more like practice papers
While books will help you get in-depth knowledge about the concepts of Mathematics and give you an idea of how to solve the problems, it is equally important for students to solve as many problems as possible.
Practising a huge question bank is easily possible by solving previous year’s question papers or sample question papers released by the CBSE. Here are a few books that serve the purpose of giving numerous questions to solve.
- Arihant: Arihant is nothing but a collection of chapter-wise questions from the last 10 years and their solutions. Solving the questions from this book will boost the student’s confidence. It will also help students get an idea of the questions that could be asked in the exam.
- Xam Idea: As the name suggests, this book is a brief idea of all the previous year’s question papers. This book facilitates the students with problems for practice and revision of the concepts.
This book is a complete package of what your exam may look like.
This book is designed for last-minute preparation for the CBSE class 12th Maths exam.
Students must focus on the important Maths concepts and get their doubts cleared for better preparations. Going through the NCERT solutions for class 12th Maths is also a good idea for better results.
Preparation Tips to ace the CBSE class 12 term 2 Maths exam
Mathematics is a difficult subject for many students. However, the subject is necessary to study to have a career in various fields. It, therefore, becomes compulsory to score well in Maths. Following the below tips may help students to get started with effective preparation for the CBSE class 12th term 2 Maths exam:
- Have a clear idea of the syllabus and weightage of the topics marks-wise. It will help the students channel their efforts in the right direction.
- Students must know the exam pattern and try to get familiar with it. Practice the sample question papers to fulfil this purpose.
- Practising with consistency is the key to acing Mathematics.
- Give priority to topics with heavy weightage of marks like Calculus and Three Dimensional Geometry.
All the students who have opted for Maths as one of their subjects have a sense of awareness of the subject’s importance concerning their future careers. Having the upper hand in this subject is like half battle won towards achieving your dream career.
While studying maths is important for a good score in the CBSE class 12th board exams, it is also an important subject for competitive exams like JEE Mains and JEE Advance. To have a considerable score in these exams, scoring in Maths becomes necessary.
For better preparation for the Maths exam, students are supposed to use reference books and the NCERT textbooks. Students must make a wise choice while selecting from the various reference books available.