Learning to understand a musical instrument or a game is equivalent to learning to understand Mathematics. Both the activities demand sufficient time and effort to become proficient in them. Students taking the CBSE Class 12 Maths Term 2 Board Exams must develop an ability to present the answers with firm accuracy. And this is only possible when students practice enough questions for the Board Exams, as Maths is all about practice! The more they solve problems, the more will they attain accuracy.
According to the CBSE officials, the Class 12 Term 2 Board Exams for 2021-22 will be commencing on 7 June 2022. Maths is a high-scoring subject, but it requires continuous study and concept clarification. The following is a comprehensive list of important scoring chapters and topics students must prepare for their Term 2 Board Exams.
CBSE Class 12 Maths Term 2 Syllabus 2022
Students study day and night to achieve high scores in the CBSE Class 12 Maths Term 2 examination, but it can become extremely challenging to achieve high grades without a syllabus. The syllabus serves as the foundation for creating a plan for any exam; here is the entire CBSE Class 12 Term 2 syllabus Maths for Board Examinations, which includes 10 marks for Internal Assessment, making it 50 marks. Students must refer to the syllabus thoroughly and create a plan to move from high to low weightage chapters to do well in the Class 12 Boards because the Class 12 result is important in deciding a student’s career path.
CBSE Class 12 Maths: Chapter-Wise Important Topics for Term 2 Exam 2022
|CHAPTERS||IMPORTANT TOPICS||NCERT SOLUTIONS|
|Chapter 7: Integrals||
||NCERT Solution for Class 12 Maths Chapter 7 – Integrals | AESL|
|Chapter 8: Application of the Integrals||
||NCERT Solution for Class 12 Maths Chapter 8 – Applications of Integrals | AESL|
|Chapter 9: Differential Equations||
||NCERT Solution for Class 12 Maths Chapter 9 – Differential Equations | AESL|
|Chapter 10: Vectors||
||NCERT Solution for Class 12 Maths Chapter 10 – Vector Algebra | AESL|
|Chapter 11: Three-Dimensional Geometry||
|NCERT Solution for Class 12 Maths Chapter 11 – Three dimensional Geometry | AESL|
|Chapter 13: Probability||
||NCERT Solution for Class 12 Maths Chapter 13 – Probability | AESL|
CBSE Class 12 Maths Term 2: Important and High Scoring Chapters
The CBSE Class 12 Maths Unit 3 Calculus comprises 3 chapters: Integrals, Applications of Integrals, and Differential Equations. It holds the maximum weightage out of all the Term 2 units. It is a unit with three chapters, with a weightage of 18 marks.
Students consider “Calculus” one of the most complex units in the CBSE Class 12 Maths Term 2 syllabus. However, if students practise it well, it has the potential to become the highest-scoring unit. It has a total weightage of 18 marks. Students can reinforce their knowledge by using the NCERT textbooks and exemplars effectively. From the CBSE Board Exam perspective, “Calculus”, unit 3 of the CBSE Class 12 Maths Term 2 Exam, is one of the most essential and high-scoring units. Students employ its concepts in further competitive entrance exams such as JEE Main and Advanced; therefore, students must prepare it well.
The CBSE Board considers all chapters in unit 3 of “Calculus” essential and high scoring. Students will comprehend the following topics in these chapters:
Chapter 7: Integrals
In this chapter, students will learn how to find the derivative of a function. They will also learn to calculate the area under a function graph. The fundamental theorem of calculus and basic properties of integrals are also covered in this chapter.
Chapter 8: Applications of the Integrals
This chapter will enable students to calculate the area of various geometrical forms such as circles, parabolas, and ellipses. This chapter is interconnected with the previous chapter, Integrals; therefore, students must have a thorough understanding of the previous chapter to score high marks.
Chapter 9: Differential Equations
In this chapter, students will study what differential equations are and how to solve them. This chapter has applications in Physics, Chemistry, Economics, and Biology. Thus, students must grasp all its topics and applications to score well in all the subjects.
Using this information will assist students in improving their CBSE Class 12 Maths Term 2 Board Exams results. Studying for the CBSE Class 12 Maths Board Examinations will simultaneously help students in preparing for future competitive entrance tests such as CUET, JEE Main 2022, and NEET 2022. Thus students must smartly devise all these strategies and input them into their schedule to pass with flying colours!
1. Suggest some planning tips for students that they must follow for the CBSE Class 12 Maths Term 2 Exams?
1. Students must create a daily study schedule based on the CBSE Class 12 Maths syllabus and stick to it consistently. Any students who cannot stick to their study plan are due to a lack of discipline. It is challenging for students to discipline, but it is not impossible.
2. Students must regularly practice and work on all important questions. It will help students to understand the concepts more thoroughly.
3. It's better to set daily short-term goals rather than setting long-term goals. By achieving these short-term goals, students will develop internal confidence and motivation, which will ultimately help them attain their targets.
4. Students must maintain notes of all completed topics daily. Students can write all the important formulas, derivatives, and theorems in a separate notebook that they can use daily to revise the concepts of the chapters. It will allow students to retain the formulas for a longer time.
5. Maths is a subject which is best understood in group studies. It fosters an engaging environment that keeps students engaged. It allows students to put their knowledge in front of others. It will enhance their confidence by helping others clarify their doubts on a specific topic.
2. Is the Class 12 Maths NCERT textbook sufficient for Term 2 Board Exams?
The CBSE Class 12 syllabus is entirely based on the NCERT textbooks. It is why students must learn the NCERT textbooks to complete their CBSE Class 12 syllabus. They don't need to visit anywhere else to verify the syllabus.
The Class 12 Maths NCERT textbooks offer in-depth information in simple language. These books design the groundwork for learning new important concepts. Unlike other reference books, which give complicated guidelines, the language in the NCERT textbooks is simpler to learn and retain.
But the question, Is NCERT sufficient for Class 12 Maths, then the answer is no! It is why NCERT has developed supplementary volumes containing numerical puzzles known as NCERT exemplar books. These books give students all of the numerical problems they may encounter in their CBSE Class 12 Maths Board Exams linked to each topic of the specific chapter.
3. How can I get 90 above in CBSE Class 12 Maths Exam?
Maths is a high-scoring subject. Students can score 90 above if they follow the following steps:
1. The first and most important thing that students must do if they want to score good grades in CBSE Class 12 Maths is to begin their preparation as soon as possible. Students must start their preparations from the beginning of the academic semester, especially for the Maths exam. This method will assist students in finishing each chapter of the NCERT textbook on time without any rush.
2. The next step is to attend all of the Maths school classes. If students have any questions, try to get them answered immediately by the Maths professor. Asking the questions on the spot will make the concepts crystal clear in the head of the students.
3. The final step is practice. Students must practise as many questions as possible relating to the chapters and important topics at home for improved understanding.