Thursday, April 07, 2016
Since Biology is the highest scoring subject in the Pre-Medical tests, it is important for you to spend a good amount of time preparing for it. If you do however ace the subject, you will get a better rank! The questions of Biology are based on the basic concepts of NCERT mostly. Equal attention should be paid to both, Botany & Zoology as they hold equal weightage.
Because of the growing competition, the difficulty level of Biology has increased recently. The topics carrying more weightage are: The Human Physiology, Plant Physiology, Cell Biology, Molecular Basis of Inheritance, Ecology, Biomolecules and Biotechnology.
Marks Distribution across topics:
Preparation tips for Biology:
- Be thorough with NCERT books: NCERT books lay the foundation for the AIPMT syllabus. Make sure you are clear with your concepts & have solved the questions in the NCERT books.
- Practice tests: Take mock tests every day to test your preparation. This will help you to manage your time well and identify your strengths and weaknesses. It will provide a clear view of your preparation and you can thus work on clarification of doubts with experts.
- Be smart: Since AIPMT has negative marking, you need to be smart while attempting questions. If you are extremely unsure about a question, it is better to skip it instead of marking the wrong answer.
- Make notes & diagrams: While preparing, make small notes and highlight the important points. Also, make diagrams for your understanding and this will help you with revision as well.
- Stay healthy & stress-free: It is important for your body and mind to get the correct nutrition and rest. Try to start your day with meditation and end it stress free with a good amount of sleep!
These tips will help you prepare better! Stay focussed, work hard and make sure to keep practicing! You can register at Aakash and download FREE sample papers here.
Aakash Education Services Limited is now on Telegram. To get all the latest information, tips & tricks, answer solutions for the latest ongoing exams. Subscribe to Aakash on Telegram.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel.
Leave a Reply