NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) 2022 syllabus incorporates three main subjects: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Every year, the National Test Agency (NTA) conducts this test. On its main website, NTA has informed Buletin that there will be no reductions in the NEET 2022 syllabus compared to the previous year’s syllabus.
NTA designs the syllabus for the NEET exam after an in-depth contemplation of the 10+2 syllabus of the central and state boards. Fundamental and advanced topics from Class-11 and Class-12 Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are engulfed in the NEET 2022 syllabus.
This article will help you understand the NEET 2022 syllabus for the Class 11 Physics section.
NEET 2022 Highlights
The highlights of the NEET 2022 exam are as follows:
|Name of the exam||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Conducting Body||National Test Agency (NTA)|
|Date of the Exam||July 17, 2022|
|Mode of the Exam||Online|
|Duration of the Exam||3 hours and 20 minutes|
|Frequency of the Exam||Once in a Year|
|Type of the Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Total Number of Questions||200|
|Total Number of Sections||Two|
|Medium of the Exam||Hindi, English, Gujarati, Telugu, Bengali, Kannada, Urdu, Tamil, Odia, Punjabi, Marathi, Assamese, and Malayalam|
NEET 2022 Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme
Before appearing in the NEET 2022 exam, aspirants should know the exam pattern and the marking scheme. Hence, the following table is designed to let you know about such important information:
|Subject||Number of Questions in Section-A||Number of Questions in Section-B||Weightage|
Marking Scheme of the NEET 2022 Exam:
It provides you assistance in understanding the crucial data related to the NEET 2022 exam.
- The question paper weightage each question with four marks.
- To every correct option, you will receive a (+4) score.
- You will receive a (-1) score for every incorrect answer.
- For every unattempted answer, you will revert with (0) marks.
Watch: Aakash BYJU’S All India NEET Mock Test Paper Analysis
Check our visual story on 5 Topper Tips to Crack NEET Exam
NEET 2022 Class 11 Physics Syllabus
According to the updated syllabus by NTA, there are ten units with a total of 15 chapters that will be included in the NEET 2022 Physics section from Class 11. The details about these units and their chapters are as follows:
Unit 1: Physical World and Measurement
Physical quantities are the physical properties of a matter that can be measured using numbers. It is divided into two major classes: Fundamental Physical Quantities and Derived Physical Quantities. This unit deals with these quantities and their units. The foremost topics involved in the NEET 2022 exam from this unit are given below:
- Physical quantities
- Fundamental and derived quantities
- Significant figures
- Dimensionless quantities
- Dimension of physical quantities
- Errors and measurement
- System of units
- Applications of dimensional analysis
- Practical units
Unit 2: Kinematics
Kinematics is the research of the motion of a system of bodies without contemplation of the force acting on them and their related physical quantities. This unit is divided into two chapters: Motion in Straight Line and Motion in Plane. This unit deals with the motion of bodies in one and two dimensional systems. The key topics involved in the NEET 2022 exam from this unit are given below:
- Motion in a straight line and plane with constant acceleration.
- Uniform motion and non-uniform motion
- Instantaneous speed and velocity
- Distance and displacement
- Kinematic equations
- Vectors and resolution of vectors
- Relative velocity in two dimensions
- Addition and subtraction of vectors
- Uniform circular motion
- Projectile motion in the horizontal direction from a height
- Projectile motion on an inclined plane
Watch: How to Study better for NEET Exams – Lifestyle Tips | NEET 2022 Biology Strategy
Unit 3: Laws of Motion
Three statements or laws of motion given by Sir Isaac Newton that are the basis of fundamental concepts of classical mechanics and explain the relationship between forces acting on a body and its motion are considered Newton’s three laws of motion. This unit consists of these laws and their applications. The key topics involved in the NEET 2022 exam from this unit are given below:
- Newton’s three laws of motion
- Linear momentum
- Friction force and its applications and types
- Conservation of linear momentum
- Circular motion
- Laws of friction
- Centripetal and centrifugal force
- Impulse physics
Unit 4: Work, Energy, and Power
In Physics, work is defined as the scalar product of force and displacement. Sometimes, it is also called work done. It is the activity for which a certain amount of strength is required to perform. This unit deals with the various concepts of work done by variable force and forms of energy and power. The foremost topics involved in the NEET 2022 exam from this unit are given below:
- Work and work done by a variable force
- Gravitational potential energy
- Work-Energy Theorem
- Elastic and inelastic collisions
- Conservative and non-conservative forces
- Energy and its types
- Potential energy
- Conservation of mechanical energy
Unit 5: Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
A rigid body is a perfectly definite and unchanging-shaped body. This unit aims to build an understanding of the motion of extended bodies. This unit consists of one chapter: System of Particles and Rotational Motion. The foremost topics involved in the NEET 2022 exam from this unit are given below:
- Rigid bodies
- Rolling motion and rotational kinematics
- Torque and angular momentum
- Parallel and perpendicular axis theorems
- Conservation of angular momentum
- Angular displacement
- Equilibrium of a rigid body
- Centre of gravity
Unit 6: Gravitation
Gravitation (sometimes known as gravity) is the universal force of action between two bodies. It is the force by which a heavy body attracts a light body toward its centre. In this unit, you will deal with Newton’s law of gravitation, concepts of the gravitational field, and their applications. The salient topics involved in the NEET 2022 exam from this unit are given below:
- Acceleration due to gravity
- The universal law of gravitational
- Gravitational potential and gravitational potential energy
- Variation in acceleration due to gravity
- Kepler’s laws of planetary motion
- Weightlessness and binding energy
Unit 7: Properties of Bulk Matter
As the name suggests, the property of bulk matter includes solids, liquids, and gaseous forms. This unit will deal with three chapters: Mechanical Properties of Solids, Mechanical Properties of Fluids, and Thermal Properties of Matter. The major topics involved in the NEET 2022 exam from this unit are given below:
- Elastic behaviour of solids
- Stress and strain
- Young’s modulus and bulk modulus
- Mechanical properties of fluids
- Bernoulli’s principle and Pascal’s law
- Viscosity and surface energy
- Thermal expansion and stress
- Stefan-Boltzmann law
- Newton’s law of cooling
- Wein’s displacement law
Unit 8: Thermodynamics
Thermodynamics is learning about the relationship between work, energy, heat, and temperature. It aims to transfer energy from one system to its surroundings. This unit comprises many important topics and has one of the highest weightage in the NEET exams. The key topics involved in the NEET 2022 exam from this unit are given below:
- Thermodynamic processes
- Laws of thermodynamics
- Enthalpy and enthalpy change
- Carnot cycle
- Gibs free energy
- Specific and molar heat capacities
- The heat of a reaction
- Endothermic and exothermic reactions
Unit 9: Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
According to the kinetic theory of gases, the theory model assumes that the molecules are very small compared to the distance between them. And the molecules are in random motion and collide with the walls of a vessel. This unit consists of only one chapter: Kinetic Theory of Gases. The major topics involved in the NEET 2022 exam from this unit are given below:
- Kinetic theory of an ideal gas
- Ideal gas equation
- Kinetic interpretation of temperature
- The behaviour of gas molecules
- Law of equipartition of energy
- Degree of freedom
Unit 10: Oscillations and Waves
Oscillation is the periodic fluctuations between two objects. The motion that repeats itself in a certain period is oscillatory or periodic. While the wave is a pattern in which the matter moves or flows without the actual physical transfer. This unit deals with the two chapters: Oscillation and Waves. The salient topics involved in the NEET 2022 exam from this unit are given below:
- Simple harmonic motion (SHM)
- Simple harmonic oscillation (SHO)
- Wave motion
- Characteristics of SHM
- Graphical representation of SHM
- One dimension of wave motion
- Simple harmonic motion and amplitude
- The wave equation
NEET Preparation Tips & Tricks: How to prepare for the exam
How to Prepare for NEET 2022? 10 Tips & Tricks to Make it Easy to Crack the Exam
1. What are the crucial topics of Class 11 from the Physics for the NEET 2022 exam?
The crucial topics of Class 11 from the Physics for the NEET 2022 exam are as follows:
- Motion in a Straight Line
- Motion in a Plane
- Thermodynamics and Heat
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Oscillations and Waves
- Simple Harmonic Motion (SHM)
Thermodynamics and Kinematics are the most important topics from the Class 11 Physics syllabus for the NEET 2022 exam. Focus more on concept clearing and numerical sections.
2. What is the expected weightage of Class 11 Physics chapters for the NEET 2022 exam?
The expected weightage of Class 11 Physics chapters for the NEET 2022 exam is given below:
|Chapter Name||Expected Weightage|
|Motion of System of Particle and Rigid Body||5%|
|Work, Energy, and Power||4%|
|Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||3%|
|Oscillation and Waves||3%|
|Laws of Motion||3%|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||3%|
|Physical World and Measurement||2%|
3. What are the super tips for revising the Class 11 Physics syllabus for the NEET 2022 exam preparations?
The super tips to revise the Class 11 Physics syllabus for the NEET 2022 exam preparations are as follows:
- Go through the Class 11 NEET 2022 exam syllabus and understand the exam pattern and weightage schemes.
- Prepare a timetable and follow it regularly.
- Read the key concepts and memorise them. Do not try to learn them.
- Write all the Physics Class 11 formulae in a diary and revise them daily. Practice some numerical problems too.
- Solve the Class 11 NEET Physics section or questions from the previous years’ papers, mock papers, and question banks.
- Evaluate yourself and try to minimise the same mistakes.
- Purchase H.C. Verma, D.C. Pandey, or any other best study source and make notes.
4. What is the expected chapter-wise questions distribution scheme of Class 11 Physics for the NEET 2022 exam?
The expected chapter-wise questions distribution scheme of Class 11 Physics for the NEET 2022 exam is given below:
|Chapter Name||Number of Expected Questions|
|Physical World and Unit & Measurement||1|
|Mechanical Properties of Solids||1|
|Mechanical Properties of Fluids||1|
|Thermal Properties of Matter||1-2|
|Motion in a Plane||1-2|
|Work, Energy, and Power||2|
|Motion in a Straight Line||2|
|Laws of Motion||2-3|
|System of Particles and Rotational Motion||2-3|
After this discussion, you may know the NEET 2022 Class 11 Physics syllabus. This article also includes some important topics from each chapter. And it can help you with your preparations.
Even though the NEET 2022 exam syllabus is vast, if you practice day and night with dedication and a positive attitude, you will surely qualify for the exam with an excellent score. If you want to be a topper, it is a must to cover all the topics without leaving a single one.
In centrally funded medical institutions, seats are limited for the MBBS, BDS, or other medical courses, and limited candidates can enrol. So, it is obvious that the competition is very strong. Therefore, you need to be more focused and committed to your preparations to ensure your seat.
Leave a Reply