JEE Exam is one of the most sought-after exams for lakhs of students. But how many of them actually qualify for the JEE exam? It’s the percentile that decides the number of qualified candidates, which is around 97. So, what minimum marks are required to score 97 percentile in JEE Main 2022? Let’s understand this in this blog.
A score in the range varying from 140 to 160 in JEE Main 2022 will do the job. However, prediction is quite difficult, as every year percentile calculation varies based on the total number of students appearing in the examination, the scores they secure in the exam, and the level of difficulty of the exam.
Setting up your goal to score good marks and a dedicated study will make your percentile score good. For this, a proper strategy for JEE Main needs to be prepared and followed.
The Latest Exam Pattern for JEE Main 2022
Let’s check the latest exam pattern for JEE Main 2022.
Paper-1 is specifically for admissions into B.E. and B.Tech. It consists of three subjects- Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. Each of them is divided into 2 sections: Section A & Section B. Section A consists of 20 MCQ-type questions and you need to answer them all. Section B consists of 10 questions, out of which 5 need to be answered, where answers are to be entered manually.
As per the latest notification released in JEE Main 2022, there will be a negative marking for wrong answers in Section B from now on. So, you need to be more careful while attempting questions.
Visual Story: How to Calculate JEE Rank?
Strategy to Score 97 Percentile in JEE Main 2022
- Starting your preparation one year in advance plays a key role in securing a good percentile in JEE MAIN. Start by understanding the fundamentals of concepts of topics of your 11th standard, this will make your foundation strong.
- Prepare a good and well-researched timetable and follow it religiously. Make a note of your interests, and your sleep cycles, plan breaks as per your convenience, and revise what you have studied regularly. This will help you in achieving your day-to-day targets without getting bored.
- Be thorough with your syllabus, never ignore them. Questions are solely asked from them only, focus on improving your fundamentals of each topic you study.
- Follow the trend of questions asked in the previous year’s exams on a regular basis. This will give you a good idea of what the exam demands from you.
- Practice mock tests on a regular basis whenever you finish revising a particular topic. This will give you a feel of facing real exams.
- Maintaining good health also plays a key role in cracking JEE MAIN. Eat well, sleep well, and also indulge in some outdoor activities during your study breaks.
- Choose your study sources wisely as it acts as a bible for doing well in your exams.
- NCERT books play an important role in preparing for JEE MAIN. You can study it yourself or get online tuition where you will be taught the topics specifically from NCERT.
- You can also get online NCERT solutions from various online sources.
Visual Story: JEE Preparation Tips
Important Topics you need to Cover for JEE MAIN 2022 Exam
Here is the list of subject-wise important topics for JEE Main 2022 exam that you need to definitely cover.
Ray Optics, Thermodynamics, Semiconductors, EM Waves, Gravitation, Magnetism, Alternating Current, Wave Optics, Electromagnetic Induction, Oscillations, Kinematics, Rotation, Current Electricity, Electrostatics, Magnetic Effects of Current, Properties of Matter, Bohr’s Atomic Model, and Waves and Sound.
Gaseous and Liquid State, Atomic Structure, Chemical Kinetics, Electrochemistry, Chemical Bonding, SurfaceChemistry, Coordination Compound D Block Elements, Aromatic Compounds, Alkyl Halides, P Block Elements, Thermodynamics, Isomerism, General Organic Chemistry, Carboxylic Acids, Aldehydes and Ketones, and Nuclear Chemistry.
Vectors, 3D Geometry, Sequence and Series, Determinant and Matrices, Circles, Straight Lines, Definite Integral, Probability Distribution, Functions, Limits and Continuity, Conic Sections, Application of Derivatives, Quadratic Equation, Complex Numbers, Binomial Theorem, Area under the Curve, and Differentiability.
Track your rank with JEE Main Rank Predictor tool
Performed well! Still not sure where you stand?
A JEE Main Rank Predictor tool will help you out in predicting your probable rank before the declaration of your JEE MAIN results. You can also get comprehensive data by further entering your preferred college and branch preferences. It is a free tool and very easy to use.
Previous year JEE Main cut-offs
For the year 2021
|Category||Minimum score||Maximum score|
For the year 2020
|Common Rank List (CRL)||90.3765335|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL)||72.8887969|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||50.1760245|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||39.0696101|
Join Aakash BYJU’S live online class program to boost your JEE MAINS 2022 scores. Students from classes 8-12 can enrol in this program. You can also book free trial classes here.