NTA has provided an extension on the last date to fill out the JEE Main Application Form. They have also revised the JEE Main 2022 Exam Dates. They will now release the details for intimation of the city for the April session this week. The National Testing Agency has notified the JEE Main 2022 Exam Centre details in April’s first week via the official JEE Main 2022 Notification. The students can check the city details and make the essential arrangements to reach the exam centre and appear for the Joint Entrance Examination Main 2022.
|Table of Contents|
|1. JEE Main 2022 Intimation of City for April Session|
|2. How To Choose the JEE Main Exam Centre?|
|3. Latest Updates on JEE Main 2022|
|4. JEE Main 2022 Highlights|
When will NTA Announce the JEE Main 2022 Intimation of City for April Session Details?
Students who have filled out the JEE Main Application form eagerly await JEE Main 2022 Intimation of City from NTA. The authority will notify the JEE Main 2022 Exam City on the official website in the first week of April. Students can expect the exam city details this week.
This announcement holds importance because it will allow students to plan their examination day and make arrangements to reach the JEE 2022 Exam Centre.
The authority will allot the exam city to every candidate based on the choices they have filled at the time of application form submission. NTA presents students with city choices during the JEE Main registration/ application process. The cities available in the list are the ones that are near to the student’s address.
Thus, the intimation of the city will inform the candidates of the allotted exam city. The candidates will be able to access/ download the same from the official website: jeemain.nta.nic.in, using the application number and birth date.
The applicants must note that the intimation of the city slip is not the admit card for the Joint Entrance Examination. It provides an advance intimation of the allotted exam city where the JEE Main 2022 examination centre will be located. The JEE Main Admit Card will soon be available on the official website.
As per the current details from JEE Main 2022 Notifications, NTA will conduct the exam in 501 cities in India and 13 foreign cities. Students can check out the list of all the exam centres here.
How to Choose the JEE Main Exam Centre?
All students need to choose their JEE Main 2022 exam centre wisely. It would be best to opt for options that are close by. The authority provides students with several options for selecting the exam centre. The following steps will explain how to choose an exam centre for JEE Main 2022:
- Students will be able to choose upto four exam centres in their order of preference from the exam centres list available while filling up the JEE Main Application Form.
- NTA will allot centres according to your choice.
- This year, students will not have access to the JEE Main application correction facility.
Latest Updates on JEE Main 2022
NTA has issued an official public notice on the 1st of April, 2022, regarding a change in the application form submission dates. Before this notice, NTA had also altered the JEE 2022 Exam Dates for Session 1. Here are the details:
Revised JEE Main Application Form Submission Dates
NTA received numerous requests from JEE applicants for an extension of the JEE Main Application Form submission dates. Considering the various reasons of the applicants, NTA has released an official notification for the extension of the JEE Main Application Form submission dates.
- Earlier the last date of submission was the 31st of March 2022.
- Now, the NTA has extended the date to Tuesday, 5th of April 2022 (up to 09:50 p.m.).
- Also, the last date for the application fee payment is Tuesday, 5th of April 2022. However, students will have time up to 11:50 p.m on Tuesday, 5th of April 2022, for making payment.
|Last Date for Submitting JEE Main Application Form||Last Date for Submission of Online Payment|
|Tuesday, 5th of April 2022 (up to 09:50 p.m.)||Tuesday, 5th of April 2022 (up to 11:50 p.m)|
Students can check the official notice about the JEE Main Application Form Submission Dates changes by visiting the exam portal jeemain.nta.nic.in.
Revised JEE Main 2022 April Session Dates
As per the original timeline, the JEE Main 2022 exam was supposed to begin on the 16th of April. However, NTA revised the old dates, and now the JEE Main 2022 exam will commence on the 21st of April 2022.
NTA will conduct the Joint Entrance Exam Main 2022 on 21st, 24th, 25th, 29th April, 1st, and 4th May 2022.
|JEE Main 2022 Exam Dates- Session 1|
|21st, 24th, 25th, 29th April, 1st, and 4th May 2022|
|JEE Main 2022 Exam Dates- Session 2|
|24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th and 29th May 2022|
JEE Main 2022 Highlights: What’s New This Year?
NTA has come up with several major changes in the JEE Main 2022 Exam. The following points enumerate the new changes related to the exam.
- No 75 percent criteria: NTA has done away with the requirements of a minimum of 75% marks in class 12 examinations.
- Numbers of JEE Main attempts: In the year 2021, NTA had presented students with four attempts for the JEE Main 2021 Exam, given the prevalent pandemic conditions at that time. However, they have reduced the number of attempts for the JEE Main 2022 exam to two.
- Negative marking: This year also has changes in the marking scheme. JEE Main 2022 will have negative marking in numerical value questions. So, questions in section B will also have negative markings. Until the previous year, only MCQ type questions in Section A had negative marking, while there was no such guideline for numerical value questions present in Section B.
- Exam cities: Applicants can choose their exam cities as per their permanent and current address filled at the time of the registration. Applicants must note that they will have only those cities that are present near their addresses that will be available for choice.
- Application correction window: Until the previous year, candidates had the option to correct their application form after submission. However, in 2022 there is no provision for making corrections in the completed application form. Therefore, all the candidates need to fill out details in the application form with utmost care.
- Exam duration: NTA has been considerate towards PwD candidates this year. The candidates of the PWD category will have 20 minutes of extra time for each section in Paper 1 and 2. Thus, they will have a total time duration of four hours.
- E-scorecard: JEE aspirants will get the PDF of their final JEE Main 2022 Result copy in their registered email IDs.
NTA ensures the comfortability of all JEE aspirants, and thus it releases the JEE Main 2022 Intimation of City with exam centre details beforehand. The information is valuable for students as they can make the necessary arrangements for the examination day and how they would reach the exam centre for the engineering entrance exam. The authorities do not impose their decisions; rather, they consider the students’ preferences as mentioned in their application forms. However, students need to be careful while choosing the prefered locations as they will not have the option to alter their preferences or change the exam centre after submitting the form.
1. Can I make corrections to the JEE Main 2022 Application Form?
NTA has mentioned in the latest JEE 2022 information brochure available on the official website that the students will not be able to avail JEE Main 2022 Application Form correction facility. Therefore, students should be extra careful this year while filling the details in the application form. The last date for JEE Main Application form submission is the 5th of April, 2022. Students can visit the official website and fill out the form with utmost care.
2. Can I change the JEE Main Exam Centre?
The option to edit or change the exam centre for the JEE Main is not available for the academic year 2022. So, students will not have access to any correction window for JEE Main 2022. Although this option was available in the previous years, this year, NTA has specified that the students must be attentive while filling out their preferences in the JEE Main Application form. There will be no provisions for correction.
3. How will NTA conduct JEE Main 2022?
NTA will conduct JEE Main 2022 in two sessions: April and May, unlike four attempts in 2021 (mainly due to the Covid-19 pandemic). Aspirants seeking admissions in the academic year 2022-23 will thus benefit from the opportunity as they will have two opportunities to improve their examination scores if they cannot perform their best in the first attempt. Moreover, if a student fails to appear for the first session exam due to one or more genuine reasons, such as when the date coincides with the Board examination, then they can appear in the second session. However, they will have to wait for another year. The exam will be in 13 different languages, and the students will have choices in the numerical value questions as well.
4. How to check JEE Main 2022 Application status?
Applicants can check their JEE Main 2022 application status using the JEE Main candidate login link. They will be able to log in with the application number and password they had created when filling out the application. When the application form is complete, the applicants will receive the acknowledgement slip on their registered email ID or contact number.
5. When will NTA provide JEE Main Admit Card 2022?
Students will be able to access the JEE Main Admit Card 2022 online in the second week of April on the official website jeemain.nta.nic.in. NTA will offer the admit card in online mode only. Once the JEE Main Admit Card is released, the registered candidates can access it via JEE Mains 2022 login window. The candidates will require the application number and password /date of birth to download the JEE Main Admit Card. All JEE aspirants must carry the admit card and original ID proof to the examination centre.
6. Can a student apply for both the sessions together?
NTA provides the option to apply for one or more than one sessions together. The candidate will have to pay the exam fee accordingly. The candidate will have to fill out a single JEE Application Form even if they have to apply for both sessions. So, if the candidate fills the form now for one session and plans to fill up the application for the other sessions later, they will have access to the same application form.
7. Which session’s score will NTA consider for compilation of JEE Main 2022 Result or merit list?
Since candidates have a choice to appear in the first or second session or both sessions, NTA will issue the scorecard for the sessions they appear. So, if a candidate appears for both sessions, they will have two scores based on their performance in the exam. However, the candidate’s best NTA score amongst the two sessions for which they have appeared will be considered while preparing their JEE Main 2022 Result or preparing the merit list.