In a survey, students were asked at random to name the most challenging entrance exam they had ever attempted in their careers. Can you figure out what they said? Well! Analysts were unsurprised by their response. Most students used the hashtag “the most challenging entrance exam” to describe JEE.
Students devote years of dedication and hard work to the JEE entrance exam, and this hard work is surrounded by stress, anxiety, fear, loss of sleep, and tension. Every year, millions of students from India and worldwide prepare for the IIT JEE entrance exams. At the same time, some students seek to take advantage of early preparation and begin their preparation from higher secondary school onwards to gain admission to their desired IIT colleges.
However, students overlook that their preparation will be successful only when their minds are in peak condition, free of anxiety, stress, and fear. Students should place equal emphasis on their mental health.
Here are some tips and techniques to assist students in lowering their stress levels while preparing for JEE 2022.
|TABLE OF CONTENTS|
|Stress-Reducing Tips and Techniques|
|Points to Remember|
|Frequently Asked Questions on Stress and Anxiety handling tips for IIT JEE exam preparation|
Stress-Reducing Tips and Techniques
Stress, fear, and anxiety are people’s worst enemies; once you learn to overcome them, the only thing left to do is catwalk on your victory path, clearly visible in front of you!
1. Set a Routine for Yoga and Meditation
“Yoga is the most effective therapy for stress relief, relaxation, and mindfulness.”
Yoga has the power to help with stress reduction because it fosters calmness, which seems to be the natural polar opposite of stress. Regular meditation is considered to be the best alternative to medical approaches. Yoga combines mental and physical disciplines to help students achieve inner and outer peace. It can assist them in relaxing and dealing with stress and anxiety. A healthy mind is essential for students to focus on their JEE Exam preparation.
2. Take Short Breaks
“Taking short break sessions increases productivity and allows the mind to refocus.”
Every minute counts for students studying for the JEE entrance exams. However, this does not imply that learning all day and night will be fruitful. Studying for long periods will exhaust students’ minds, preventing them from mastering concepts effectively. According to research, taking deliberate breaks from studying can refresh students’ minds and bodies, ultimately boosting their energy, performance, and concentration. Taking short breaks will thus increase their mental capacity to absorb concepts more evidently.
3. Healthy Eating = Healthy Mind
A healthy eating habit is an important resource for students to better equip their knowledge and skills. Well Yes! According to a study, eating a proper diet directly links to higher test scores, improved memory and attentiveness, and quick concepts processing. Good food gives your brain the energy required for mental discipline and alertness. Students should consume more fruits and green leafy vegetables instead of processed packaged foods. A healthy platter will keep students not only active but also energised.
4. Take a Good Amount of Sleep
During the preparation time, most students make a common mistake. They study until late at night and then get up early the next morning to continue their studies. However, this is an incorrect technique. Research has shown that adequate sleep plays an important role in fostering creativity and enhancing cognitive performance, influencing students’ examination results. While sleeping, the brain compiles a summary of the information and stores it in the knowledge base. Thus, getting enough sleep improves the ability to manage new concepts learned and the ability to interpret the data.
5. Set a Target that you can Achieve
There is nothing wrong with students focusing on pushing their abilities. On the other hand, setting an unrealistic goal is not a wise choice. “To reach the top, you must first achieve the lower stages,” as the saying goes. As a result, students should begin by achieving small goals to achieve their ambitions. Taking small steps towards their dreams won’t add excessive pressure to their minds, and they will be able to learn more effectively and efficiently.
6. Selecting Right Study Material is of utmost Important
Practising with the appropriate study material is pivotal for IIT JEE preparation. Based on their priorities, students should choose the best study material that is a good mix of all the options. There are numerous good options available both offline and online these days. Before purchasing the study material, students should consider various factors such as ease in understanding language, concept coverage, etc. Studying with the best learning resources will reduce students’ stress and anxiety, and they will not have to work as hard to collect notes, previous year’s question papers, and sample question banks.
7. Communicate with family members, teachers, and friends
The JEE entrance exams are just around the corner; a little anxiety is normal. The only thing that can make a real difference is dealing with stress. Students should communicate their concerns and doubts with their family members, friends, teachers, and senior pass-out to help them find immediate assistance. They should share with people who can make them feel relaxed and happy. They can involve themselves in motivational conversation, reading inspiring quotes, listening to relaxing music, or reading a successful person’s biography; all these can be good stress reliever tools. It will encourage and boost their self-esteem.
8. Be Confident in your Preparation
Finally, students should always have faith in themselves. Students should not give up hope and don’t evaluate themselves to others because victory is a gradual and time-consuming process. They should remember that they have prepared themselves the entire year for this particular exam day and that they can pass it with good grades. Examination stress is natural, and everyone must endure it. The only important thing for them is to carry a positive attitude with a smile.
Let’s have a Quick Go-Through of Stress and Anxiety Handling Techniques.
Points to Remember
- Students should meditate and exercise to keep their minds in check. It improves their concentration and allows them to perform well on the final exam.
- Students should make an effort not to skip meals. Consume nutritious foods on time to maintain a healthy mind and body.
- Students should sleep for seven hours at night and begin preparing early in the morning. Avoid staying up late before the final exam week. Students should finish their revisions and practice only during the day. It relaxes both their mind and body.
- Try to solve JEE online mock tests on a routine basis.
- Solving the previous year’s question papers is the smartest method to revise or practice. The question paper should be no more than two-three years old. It also aids students in becoming acquainted with the exam format. Finally, students should consult the JEE answer key to see if they scored correctly.
- Students should not start a new topic they haven’t studied at least once before. It could result in confusion and stress. Starting a new topic may end up causing forgetting about a previously studied topic. Students should only review their fundamentals, derivatives, and formulas on the final days.
- Revision is the most effective way to refine IIT JEE final exam preparation. As JEE applicants, they should review important topics such as Calculus and Coordinate Geometry in Mathematics, Aromatic Compounds and Chemical and Ionic Equilibrium in Chemistry, and Modern Physics in Physics.
Though becoming one of those successful IITians will be a stressful journey. Students should remember never to let stress take control of their minds. They should remain focused and calm, regularly plan their daily activities, and incorporate some unique and interactive outdoor activities along with their studies. Students should try to include these recommendations in their JEE preparation plan, and they’ll be surprised at how enjoyable their IIT JEE preparation journey will be.!
Frequently Asked Questions on Stress and Anxiety handling tips for IIT JEE exam preparation
1: How to deal with anxiety and stress during IIT-JEE Preparation?
While preparing for entrance exams, students should learn to avoid stress to affect their performance. Students should incorporate some of the following activities into their routine:
- Participate in meditation or physical activities regularly.
- Take short breaks in between.
- Eat a proper healthy diet and try to get enough sleep.
- Take practice tests.
- Interacting with stressed-out peers or family members should be avoided.
- Maintain realistic expectations from oneself.
- Students should discuss their problems with family members, friends, or teachers.
2: I am studying for the IIT JEE entrance exam, but I cannot concentrate due to my anxiety and stress. Is there any way I can do to get over this?
Here are some pointers to help students avoid stress while studying for the JEE entrance exam:
- Maintain a positive attitude throughout the cycle.
- Make a daily schedule.
- Eat healthy and balanced food and get plenty of rest.
- Look for differences when studying locations.
- Quality should take precedence over quantity.
- Examine your aptitude before applying for the JEE.
3: How can we boost our confidence in our JEE preparation?
These are some suggestions that can help students boost their confidence in the JEE exam preparation:
- Students should not put themselves in the same category as others.
- Students should prepare for JEE entrance exam with enthusiasm.
- Make a timetable. Every day, cross it off one’s list.
- Every day, complete one previous year’s question paper.
- Students should analyze and revise their performance; this is just a practice test.
- Finally, students should not ask everyone about their preparation nor discuss their own.
4: How to handle exam stress during JEE 2022 preparation?
Students should follow these pieces of advice to cope with their exam stress effectively:
- Perform Physical Activity: Physical activities include sports such as cricket, badminton, football. Along with it, students should engage themselves in meditation activities. All these will keep their mind sharp and fresh, which is of utmost importance for preparation.
- Get Plenty of Sleep: According to a study, an individual should sleep for at least 7 hours every night. It will ensure that their mind functions properly, resulting in less anxiety.
- Try not to Postpone: By completing things on time and sticking to one’s schedule, you will feel much more confident in your plan, which will naturally reduce stress.
5: How do IIT alumni study?
They have a disciplined approach. They enjoy the topics they are studying. They are aware of their strengths and work to improve their weaknesses. They concentrate on logic concepts, comprehension, and application. When beginning a topic, they must study all related concepts simultaneously and then solve the questions to comprehend the topic completely.
6: What should we avoid doing while studying for the JEE?
Here are a few things that students should avoid doing while studying for the JEE:
- Not taking and writing brief notes
- Concentrating only on key topics rather than the entire curriculum.
- Students are not trying to develop their study strategies.
- Not administering any mock tests/ administering an excessive number of mock tests.
- Using an excessive number of reference books in their studies.